“Everything we needed!”

Ranked #12 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Peoria
“Everything we needed!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Nice, roomy, clean, friendly! Great price and great value. This hotel was close to many stores, restaurants and NAU. It was near the freeway but we never heard any noise. Breakfast was more than continental, not great but filled the bellies, satisfied the kids and was included. Fridge, micro, iron and hair dryer are a nice bonus. This hotel offers all the amenities of a a more expensive one, you just aren't paying for them.

Room Tip: You enter through the main door and all rooms open to the inside.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Wendy B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Arnold, Missouri
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I was just in Flagstaff and went over to see the Sleep Inn as it is newly renovated. It is now owned and run by the same people as the Comfort Inn that has a very high rating. Everything is fresh, new furniture (it reminds me of Hampton), micro and refrig in all rooms. It looks like a must to try. You will find helpful and accommodating employees. Whether you are going for the Grand Canyon, or a visit to a NAU student this looks like a good place to stay. It used to be a Sleep Inn, and then a Roadway. Forget all of that and try a newly renovated and newly owned hotel

Room Tip: Close to freeway, and NAU
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Susan B
Oro Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 31 May 2014

What can I say? This was a major find. After reading other reviews we had to give it a try. The hotel was bought in Dec. 2013 and closed for 3 months. They completely gutted it out and now have a brand new hotel. From check in to check out it was perfect! The staff is very friendly and greet you with a smile. We had a King Size bed which was so comfy. I haven't slept this good in a very long time. The entire room is modern with an amazing bed, flat screen TV, mini fridge and a microwave. The room itself is small but everything in it is new and super clean. we only paid &89 inc. tax for this room and it compares to other much pricier rooms in big chains. I've been known to check out of resort hotels due to the bad beds so when I say this was super believe me I mean it. Staying in Flagstaff? By all means this is THE place to stay and highly affordable. Would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Polette G
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Was pleasantly surprised. Nice basic hotel. Friendly staff, clean rooms and free breakfast. Room was a little bigger than expected. When we were there, the back door was broken so there was only 1 way in or out. We were on the second floor and there was no elevator which made bringing our things into the room a little more challenging.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Hamman2013
SAINT PAUL
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This would have been an average stay at an average hotel, except for the fact that two people tried to enter my room (and one succeeded) with room keys during my stay. One woman tried repeatedly to enter my room after midnight, because the front desk had written MY room number on her key card. The next day, a maintenance man entered my room WITHOUT KNOCKING, and with his own key card. I was dressing, and if the chain latch hadn't stopped the door from opening, he would have walked right in. I am a female and I was traveling alone, and this made me feel extremely vulnerable and unsafe. I left as soon as I was able to get out of there. I appreciate that the people at the front desk refunded all of my money for that stay, but I still feel the need to let other people know that this is not the safest place to stay in Flagstaff. If you do stay here, bolt the door and keep the latch on at all times.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
9 Thank VANESSA C
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I usually stay at the Comfort just up the street but this newly renovated Sleep Inn was $30 less and had great reviews so I gave it a spin. The place really does look good and the staff was very friendly. I believe I was put in a handicapped room because the bathroom was funky with two hand showers and a high bathtub. Some hotels will "upgrade" guests to a handicap room but I consider it a downgrade since things are at a wierd angle/height.
The only issues I had were with the extremely slow internet and the TV remote. The cable carrier needs to be changed if this is the remote they issue. In order to change channels you must key in the channel, then a dash, then 1. For example, channel 35 is 35-1. There was no instruction on doing this; I just played around until I found the formula. Also, the clock radio had a broken radio. Only the clock worked. The back door lock is broken so anybody can walk into the hallway at any hour.
I give this hotel a 4 rating because they are trying to do things correctly. It's nice to have a caring property that is not breaking your budget. I'll stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is a nice, clean, midline hotel with a great staff. They responded quickly to a few little problems and got us in before check in time to accommodate our schedule. The location is convenient to the highway and the Walmart (right across the street), so if you are passing thru this is your spot. Several restaurants are within walking distance.

Room Tip: Parking is somewhat limited for nights when they are booked, but ask when you arrive and they will f...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple