“BED BUGS! VERY DIRTY!”

Ranked #59 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
CO
“BED BUGS! VERY DIRTY!”
Reviewed 1 October 2011

I should have kept to my tent. Less bugs there. I've been camping for 3 weeks and just needed something on a budget for a night. I couldn't get into my room when I got there, they said they were "cleaning" it. Then floor hadn't been swept in a long time. My feet were totally black with debris on them after a very short period of time. There was hair and garbage stuck to the floor When I pulled back the comforter, there were BED BUGS. I killed many. Just an extremely unkept motel.

Room Tip: go anywhere else
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank Krenzer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Dolores, Colorado
Reviewed 6 September 2011

We attempted to stay here. We had paid online, thinking this motel was a Travel Lodge, but it was not. I thought that since I was being charged $100 to stay for the night, then how bad could it be? The first room the very nice gentleman running the front desk (he was very nice) showed us was horrific: The smoke alarm was dangling from some wires, the full sized bed was very dingy and the box spring was all torn up underneath, and there were hairballs all over the floor, I did not look further before requesting a full-refund. The man asked me to look at one more room, I must say, it was nicer, but still had that dingy smell to it and I was very turned off by the block party in the complex and "working girls" coming in and out of rooms and requesting room numbers form male patrons staying there. Luckily, it was not too big of a hassle to get my money back and stay at the Ramada across the highway for $80. I would be much more understanding had the establishment not originally charged $100 for a stay at their establishment, I felt very taken advantage of.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Reviewed 1 September 2011

I do recomend this hotel for people who are in a tight budget. I have to say that I was hesitant to get a room here since most of the reviews are bad, but I decided to give it a try asked for the price and to see the room BEFORE paying for it, so its no a secret that rooms are old, they are however remodeling some of the room and those are the pictures that are going around. The lady (1 of the managers) is really nice she supplied us with a lot of toothpaste (1 whole new bundle of them) plus she gave us two gift bags with higyne supplies... I just feel bad that people expect way too much for what they pay and then they make this hotel look bad and lose business. We paid 36 for our room, lady gave us a really good deal since its off season but people please expect to pay more during weekends and holidays, common sense.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank ALauSan86
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I stayed there for a week while I was prepairing for the fall semester at NAU. The check-in was good and the lady was polite. As for the room, it was horrible my bed was 2 box springs and a matress. The mattress was old and very uncomfortable. It was easy to tell that the blanket was not washed cause it smelled like teriyaki sauce and when I lifted up theblanket the stain was visable. The lights were unplugged or missing the light bulbs. The blinds on the window were bent and should have just been thrown away. The bathroom was horrible the flooring was peeling back and saggy when I stepped on it. The towel racks were bent into the wall and the shower curtain was missing rings so it was hard to close. Upon taking a shower I was standing in 2 inches of water the whole time. The towels were beyond cheap. It was easy to know when a room close to mine was taking a shower because it was so loud. My room didn't come with a microwave or fridge. When I went to the front desk I was informed that my room didn't include either, but the rooms next to me had them. Room service can't read or does't respect the door signs "do not disturb" or "maid service requested". One day the owner walked in on me without knocking. I asked him why didn't knock he got cocky and knocked on his way out. He was testing one of the light switches or he says he was. Right away I could tell who the permanent residents were they would gather at night and hang out 1 room away from mine. They would play their music loud and talk loud. Late into the night the would drop their beer cans and bottles from the second into the garbage container on the first floor. I was on the second floor, but I could hear the cans and bottles hit each other when they landed into the bin below. 25 cents for ice and always having to go to the front desk for more soap and shampoo. Don't waste your money and inspect your room before sleeping on the bed. I will say the cable was decent and the internet connection was good, except I had to get a new password each time I used it but, that's it.

Room Tip: Inspect your room before sleeping in it
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank mike j
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed 7 August 2011

My husband and I checked in late last night, and we got a room that looked nothing like the pictures posted on all his adds. He did say that it was the only room available due to the Cardinals game and the fact that it was the weekend. The floor was ugly carpet and the curtains had lots of holes in them. The bathroom floor was very sticky with something, I hope it wasn't urine. We paid almost $60, and I asked him for a partial refund. He then went off on me, talking about how it was the only room available and that was a fair price for that room for the weekend. To his credit, he did say that he would have refunded us if we asked within the first 30 min. He then said that I must have a lot of time on my hands to write such a review, and that I would not get any sort of refund. He said I don't care about small business owners, and that he had about $500,000 worth of bills to pay. He went on and on about how much he put into this business and then told me I wanted a free lunch. I said I did not want a free lunch, but that I did not feel like we should have paid what we did for what we got. Even if he thought I was a rude customer, I think he made things worse by his very odd behavior. It was a little scary. I get the impression that this guy does not care about his customers, only his business. Funny thing is that I thought the two went hand in hand.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Katie D
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Me and my germaphobic gf stayed here for a week. Though all the other reviews made me not want to choose this place, I gave it a shot and my stay was rather pleasant. The family that runs the place are very attentive and very nice. The town of Flagstaff is a really sweet town... I almost enjoyed it more than Sedona proper (about an hour long gorgeous drive away). I've been around the world and stayed at luxury places... this place doesn't pretend to be that... so I don't understand why the other reviews are so harsh. It was clean and it was quiet. If you needed something like extra soap or towels, you ask for it at the front desk - not write a horrid review. Perhaps the previous management was awful... but like I said, these folks were nice and attentive. See for yourself... promise it won't kill you.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Travels1982
mishawaka,in
Reviewed 26 March 2011

The young man that works the desk is absolutely delightful. His personality could easily make him a great hotel motel owner. The room was very large and very ROUTE 66 in age bear that in mind when doing the reviews. Very large.. with microwave and fridge. The room was in good repair but aged. I told him I would write a review because he said he had so many not so nice. I was thinking even a new coat of paint,Some wall paper boarder and new top mattresses would be great start. Both my mom and dad and my husband and i ended up sleeping way closer that usual lol sagging mattress. Hubby liked it by the way lol . But seriously folks not bad for the money good rule of thumb ask to see the room before you rent it .. that simple.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family