“The rooms are simple WHICH appeals to me as I am not the overly-ornate-abode type.”

Americana Inn - Route 66
Ranked #58 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Flagstaff, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

They really reeled me in!! The refrigerator!,microwave!, free wi-fi!, and AC system! And on top of that, they have DIRECTTV! I was quite impressed.

In addition,
the staff was super friendly! The manager goes out of his way to take you places and the front desk employees are always trying to get you the best deal. (I paid wayy under $60!!! How does that happen??! :) Interestingly, the front desk person told me that if I became a "regular" that I would be able to pay SIGNIFICANTLY less than that! :)

There are two downsides to this place...
(1) I WISH THEY WOULD GET RID OF THE $10 PET FEE. Still, that's a pretty good deal; the fact that they're pet-friendly triumphs that small fee.
(2) There isn't a pool. Fortunately, the manager was able to direct AND drive me to the Aquaplex (it's like an inside water park!) across the street. :)

OVERALL: On a likert scale of 1 to 10 where 10 is AMAZING, this place receives a 10+++.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank kap337

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

Just because outside was freezing and I do have kids. I had to stay at this place because was the only room available after hours of searching. Paying 167 dollar for a dirty room, filled with holes and a bathtub clogged.
Don't ever come here!!!

• Stayed May 2012
4 Thank Senoya
Delta, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

I was super tired by the time I got to Flagstaff, coming from the east, and after passing numerous other motels, I settled on this one. I should have checked out the room first but didn't think of it. I'd have been better off sleeping in the car. I paid $68 to sleep in a hole where none of the lights worked properly - in fact, the one in the bathroom crackled like it would explode in a fireball at any moment. The only updating this room has had in the last two decades is the addition of laminate flooring. The decor was early Salvation Army and the TV was so old I hardly recognized it as an entertainment center. It's picture was green and blurry. On the plus side, the young man who checked me in was a delight and there is an Espresso kiosk on the property.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Paul T
Switzerland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

After checking several motels in Flagstaff, we decided to overnight in this motel because of the low price in comparison with the others. This was definitely a big fault.
In front of the motel there was a big sign which stated that they offer free wifi, continental breakfast and the overnight. After checking in, we had only three hours wifi access, then it went off. In the morning there was still no access. Furthermore, the room was dirty, dark and smelled ugly. There were holes in the blankets and a used soap in the shower. Moreover, we were not able to sleep one minute because of the noisy surroundig.
According to the guy at the front desk, breakfast would be offered at 8 am. The next morning we were standing in front of closed lobby doors and waited for more than 30 minutes. Nobody showed up. We had to eat breakfast at Starbucks. We even could not check out because nobody was there. After having breakfaast at Starbucks, we went talking to the front desk manager to address our complaints. At this time we were glad that we had had breakfast at Starbucks because the so- called continental breakfast only consisted of stale coffee and some cereal bars.
The front desk managers reaction of our complaints was absolutely unpolite, unprofessional, just rediculous and offending. He did not listen to us, he was unfair and threatened with the police to kick us out of his office. We claimed a refund for not having the offered services but he just yelled and said that it was not his problem and that everybody else was satisfied.

To conclude, just don't go there. It's a huge waste of money and this motel should be closed down. The manager should not have a license to run this business. To sleep in the desert would have been comfortable and not that nerve-racking. Most horrible experience ever!!!

Room Tip: don't go there
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Eliane S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

I don't know why people are bashing this place!!! It is an older hotel but the rooms are clean and the staff is awesome!!! I have rented a room for the past month and have no complaints!!! Contrary to what others have written about the americana inn, I have nothing negative to say...awesome rates and excellent service!!!!

• Stayed March 2012
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

I've stayed at the Americana several times while in Flagstaff and always found the staff to be pleasant and accomodating. My room has always been clean and it is nice they provide internet access, too. When in Flagstaff, I'm not looking for a high end place with high end prices, I'm simply looking for a clean place to get a good night's rest without any hastle, at a reasonable price, and that is what the Americana provides.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Albuquerque
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

The Americana is not a fancy motel and knowing this we made it our second stay in 2 years. What brought me back was the personable owners who are making every effort to make it a comfortable place and the reasonable price for Flagstaff. I am very fussy when it comes to cleanliness and the smell of a place and I had absolutely no quabbles in that department. Although there was no hair dryer in the room when I went to get coffee and a danish in the morning I asked if they had one and a hair dryer was instantly produced. I travel often all over the country and though I have stayed 'nicer' places I will probably go back to the Americana again when I am in Flagstaff.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the upgraded rooms.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple