“Yuk”

Americana Inn - Route 66
Ranked #61 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

We checked in and then checked out once we seen the rooms. They look clean but pull back the sheets cause they got bugs. We immediately checked out and the charges were reversed. We would of stayed but they need new beds.

• Stayed: July 2013
7  Thank LasVegasKayakTours

Reviewed 24 June 2013

Poor location, tried to cheat us out of our money. Rough clients.. Most doors have holes in them from being kicked. Room dirty, dog food and popcorn. Would not return all of our money even though we only looked in the room and went straight to the office. To leave.
Now we are having to sue them for our money....Look out

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Tdg1952
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I needed a place to stay in Flagstaff and I found out that the cast and crew from the film Easy Rider stayed there. It was inexpensive and so I gave it a try. I'm glad I did. It was clean, had great water pressure and a great coffe place in the parking lot. There's a drug store within walking distance and a longer walk to a great BBQ place, Satchmo's. The train is across the street but you could barely hear it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 May 2013

We were on a 6 day Harley tour of Arizona and had made no reservations in Flagstaff - we pulled into the Americana and took a chance - for $50.00/night it was a great stop on our journey to relive the Easy Rider days of Route 66! While checking in, we were advised that the movie crew stayed at that same Inn while filming Easy Rider in1968. The owners were very hospitable and eager to make us feel at home. It was a typical 50 year old motel room, we didn't expect much, but it was clean,comfortable and quiet with parking outside the door for the bike. The is a coffee shop/drive thru on the premises (excellent coffee!!) and plenty of nearby diners. All in all, this motel helped us capture even more of the feel of the dys when Route 66 was America's Highway!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2013

This is an old but very clean motel. It is inexpensive and the internet connection is not great, but it is next to a drive-inn expresso place. And it is a part of Route 66 history. It may not look that great, but it's perfectly OK.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John M
Reviewed 13 November 2012

This is a tired motel, sadly in need of better management. We landed here in a snowstorm and stayed one night out of desperation. The bed was comfortable, but the motel is located next to the train tracks and a heavy equipment depot, so the noise made it difficult to sleep. The bathroom had good water pressure and plenty of hot water, but: it had no heat, the window sill was filthy, the caulking around the tub needed to be replaced and the black mould cleaned (it's easy to do with hydrogen peroxide). The wifi doesn't work. There's no coffee in the room and no breakfast provided -- you have to walk over to the coffee kiosk next door. The office doesn't open until 8 am, so there are no staff on site overnight. We paid $49.99 for a king bed. There are plenty of other hotels and motels to choose from along this stretch of highway.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Yvette D
n0rthernAZ, Owner at Americana Inn - Route 66, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2012

If you truly felt that the room was not adaquate we would have been more then happy to refund you the full balance within 30 minutes of check in. We are closed from 4am-8am due to slow season and limited traffic. We do offer a breakfast consisiting of danishes,cinammon rolls, coffee and juice.

Reviewed 3 November 2012

My husband and I were traveling through Flagstaff, we stopped at the Americana by chance. We were looking for a reasonable place to stay and the Americana was certainly cheap. However, once we saw the room we went back to the clerk to let him know we wouldn't be staying, he explained their "no refund" policy, and believe you me there is a reason they do not offer refunds.

The room was NOT very clean and the bed was uncomfortable. The sheets were washed but they had holes in them, the towels were so thin you could practically see through them, at least where they weren't stained. The only item provided was toothpaste I had never heard of and a bar of soap that was barely big enough to wash your hands with. I would not unpack anything as I wanted to limit what I touched to the bare minimum. The bathroom door did not close all the way and I was woken every couple of hours by the noisey trains that went by. There is NO view of anything except an ugly parking lot. No ice maker and when I went to the office at 8:30 in the morning to get a cup of coffee the office was locked with a note on the door that said it would open at 8 a.m.

The only redeeming quality was the hot water, the shower had plenty of water pressure, it's just a shame it leaked all over the floor, perhaps this is how they wash the floor.

I would sleep in my car before I spent another night in this hotel.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.