“Central to Everything”

Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff
Ranked #5 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Stayed here twice during our recent vacation trip to Arizona. The rooms are large and the beds are extremely confortable. Free Wi-fi is fast and reliable. The indoor pool and spa is a real plus, as is the fitness room. We did not have the breakfast but it looked good. My recommendation for this hotel is based upon its upscale rooms and its central location. There are shops and restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank TrvlFreq211
HiltonFlagstaffAZ, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2011

Dear Trvlfreq211:

Thank you for the great review! We truly appreciate it.

Reviewed 13 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel this past weekend and parked my car in the parking lot provided. On Sunday morning I went to my car to find that my car had been vandalized. I reported this to the office staff and filled out the appropriate paperwork. Instead of the office manager following up with me I had to call him. I found him to be less than helpful. He had very poor customer service skills and was extremely rude.

Due to the lack of surveillance, poor lighting and apparent lack of responsibilities I would not stay at the hotel again. Usually my reviews of Hilton properties would be great but, I would not recommend this particular hotel.

I have also called the hilton cutomer service and have been given the "run around" since this has happened. After staying at Hilton properties all over the world and having spend thousands of dollars their inability to deal with a $157 vandalized taillight is very disappointing!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank javrox1
HiltonFlagstaffAZ, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2011

Dear Javrox:

I regret the situation you are in and I can assure you that our staff handled everything as professionally as possible. We have diligently reviewed the reports filled out by you and by our front desk agents as well as the security tapes and can assure you our staff followed the proper protocol with this accident. We have found no indication of any wrong doing by our staff and have full trust in our employees. As i stated to you over the phone I would suggest filing a police report so they can launch an offical investigation on this matter. Please feel free to contact me again if you would like to discuss this further.

Reviewed 12 November 2011

We just pulled in from Mesa and my family is already cached. The beds are COMFORTABLE, room is sparkling clean, bright, cheerful decor, friendly staff. great shower, microwave and fridge, fluffy towels. Really, this place has everything you need for an overnight stay. The pool looks nice. The phone clerk was going to charge us for breakfast, but the desk clerk just included it gratis when I showed him my AAA card. Lobby is welcoming - cold here now so the fire was a nice touch. Lots of people are staying here but our room is very quiet. Laundry facilities seem to work just fine ... only $1 each for a wash and dry!

Room Tip: Just tell the front desk what you want and they seem to do their best to accomodate you.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank BlueRibbonCookies

Dear BlueRibbonCookies:

Thanks for the Excellent Review! We truly appreciate all your kind words.

As a fellow cookie connoisseur it was unfortunate I didn’t read anything in your review about how you felt about our complimentary cookie offering at the front desk so next time your in town you'll have to stop by and try one out and give us your thoughts! Also your tip about telling the front desk exactly what you want was perfect. The more details our guests provide us with, especially during the reservation process, the better service we will be able to deliver at check in and throughout your stay. Again thanks for sharing your thoughts. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 10 November 2011

We stayed here two nights as part of a trip to the Grand Canyon. This is a solid hotel, with very nice amenities. Good pool, god exercise center etc. Staff very courteous and helpful. One drawback. They charge 10 bucks for breakfast, whether you only have toast and coffee, or the full meal deal. Go somewhere else for breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank olytraveler_10

Dear Olytraveler-10:

Thanks for all your kind words and your really high marks. We truly appreciate it.

As you stated in your review yes, we charge for our breakfast, but it’s a full, hot breakfast buffett with everything you need to start your day off right. It’s not just cereal, toast and a few pastries—it’s cooked with fresh eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, potatoes, french toast, bisquits & gravey, waffles anyway you like it and much more.

Again thank for the excellent review, we appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 November 2011

On a trip to Grand Canyon, Brian at front desk made us feel like family.
He was sincere with enthusiasm at every corner of the stay and took time to give us great directions to a restaurant downtown.

• Stayed: November 2011

Dear Shrink11:

Thanks for the excellent review! We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 October 2011

As a Hilton Honors member I have stayed at a lot of Hilton Hotels. The Garden Inns have become my favorite of the Hilton Family. But, this Garden Inn went beyond the usual. All Garden have complementary cookies but this one also had free candies. Usually Garden Inns give 2 bottles of water for Honors members but with this hotel they gave you a choice of various bottled drinks, such as sodas or fruit drinks along with wine, etc. What a nice touch.

The room was clean, quite and everything was in good condition.

The front desk staff were very nice. They greeted the guests each time they passed by the desk.

In summary, it was a very pleasant stay and I definitely would stay at this hotel again..

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank bunnyc418
HiltonFlagstaffAZ, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2011

Dear bunnyc418:

Thank you so much for the excellent review. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed all the extra goodies we included with your HHonors membership especially some pre-halloween chocolates! We truly appreciate it and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2011

One of the things that I've learned to love about the HGI is that after a long day of driving, I can check in, go down to the Grill, order a glass of wine, dinner, and enjoy conversation with the bar tender and wait staff. Only this HGI owns the restaurant (Coco's) next door, so they don't provide a Great American Grill. What's more, the room menu is paltry. The room was a typical HGI room, clean, comfortable. When I checked in, the front desk was staffed by a chipper young man, who was more interested in delivering his spiel than in the fact that I was tired and anxious to get to my room. My stays at HGI throughout this trip have run between $94 and $106 a night. At Flagstaff I paid $123, and it certainly wasn't the value I received at either Amarillo or North Little Rock for a lot less. Flagstaff has grown so much over the last time I was through there a decade ago, that I'll probably avoid it from now on. But, if I do find myself there again, I would most likely stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Susan T

Dear SomRev:

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review regarding the experiences during your recent stay. Your comments and scores are one of the best tools we have for maintaining the highest level of comfort and service that our guest expect and deserve. We value and appreciate your honest and constructive feedback.

As you stated our Great American Grill is breakfast only but we have a Coco's Bakery and Restaurant on the same property which provides great lunch and dinner services for dine-in or room service here at the hotel. Like most HGI's we also have a Pavillion Pantry where we have a very nice selection of Beer and Wine's for sell which can be enjoyed in our Pavillion lobby seating areas or in the privacy of your own room.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to complete a review and look forward to serving you again in the near future with the excellence you have come to expect from Hilton Garden Inn. Should you have any questions or require additional assistance please feel free to contact me at your convenience.