First the good:
Great location! Very close to NAU and the downtown historic district. Parking is easy and convienient. Lobby is nice, the prices for their mini-mart are, in my opinion, below what hotels normally charge ($1 for chips vs $4 in Los Angeles hotels.
The rooms are very spacious and well appointed. Shower pressure is great.
Now the so-so:
TV volume is programmed to a certain level. That alone is fine, however you can not run the a/c and hear the tv at the same time. A stop by the front desk to inquire and the answer was "that's the level we determined is acceptable" (said with a smile). I'm sure it is acceptable in absolute quiet, but with a/c, or the shower running, or housekeeping vaccuuming, or people talking in the hallway and acceptable becomes unacceptable.
Beds are "adjustable" for firmness. We had a double room, set one to soft and one to firm... Firm meant concrete and soft meant carpeted floor. I mistakingly thought since it was a Hilton, they would have the same beds as Hamptons, Doubletrees, Hilton Grand Vacations....WRONG. Will definitely ask before I book another HH Garden Inn over one of the other Hilton properties.
Now the bad: desk staff (or whomever answers the phone when you call 0), are smug, unhelpful, contrary and condescending. I stay at Hilton properties ALL the time - because I absolutely love them, know what I'm getting, and know the normal practices. This is the first hotel that I have stayed in that charged the ENTIRE stay plus a deposit to my card BEFORE I checked out. After inquiring about this on the first day, I was told "no no, they just authorize funds and do NOT charge anything until departure". I verified again the next day with the smiling front desk clerk, and was told again, "check with your bank, we do NOT charge, we only "authorize". Called my bank, and yep...was told they CHARGED the full stay plus a deposit of an additional $100. While my bank was on the phone, I called down and was told by the condescending staff member that yes, "authorizing" IS charging, it's "standard practice for Hilton's". I advised him that ive NEVER been charged the stay, only a deposit at every other brand from Hilton. He rudely told me, "I work for the Brand, I know what we do, you're wrong." I'm wrong. The client, who stays at other Hilton brands monthly is "wrong"?!
Needless to say, I will never stay here again....I'll take my business across the street (literally) to one of the two Hampton Inns. They KNOW how to treat a guest, know the definition of "authorize" and would never have the audacity to tell a guest "you don't know what you're talking about".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff leisure travelers as well as the busy executives will be pleased to find everything necessary to make your trip to Northern Arizona relaxing and enjoyable. Our hotel is in the ideal location for exploring all the wonders of Northern Arizona including Historic Downtown Flagstaff,Route 66,the Grand Canyon National Park, Scenic Sedona, Oak Creek Canyon, The Painted Desert National Park, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn - Flagstaff Hotel Flagstaff
- Flagstaff Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Flagstaff
- Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff North America