“Many Thanks Again Brian!!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff
Ranked #5 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I made a call in the late afternoon to make my reservation because the internet on my sister's phone wasn't reliable and was told the rate I was requesting was available. When I arrived and spoke to Brian, he informed me that since the hotel was almost sold out, the rate was not available. He also explained that all the hotels in the area were sold out due to a golf and tennis event, so I was out of options. We spoke for a bit and he was able to find me a rate that was more affordable due to my emergency circumstances since the first person I spoke to, in essence, lied to me. I understand you can't fault an entire hotel for one person's error and Brian's professionalism and compassion was beyond what I would have expected, so he truly made a bad experience better. He recommended a local restaurant that served as room service for the hotel since I was too exhausted to even walk across the parking lot for a meal. It was delivered promptly and was delicious! Michael from the front desk called to ask how our meal was and told us what to do with the dishes. His voice on the phone was such a happy one that I couldn't help but be in a better mood. We were in a smoking room that had a slight odor from the walls, but the bed, bedding, and pillows were clean and fresh. We all melted into bed that night and enjoyed the memory foam topper. The room was quiet, the curtains blocked out all the light, and we heard nothing around or above us. In the morning my sister needed milk to take some pills and breakfast has not yet started. Sam from the front desk gladly provided some for her. If we're ever back in the area, this is the only place we'll stay!

1  Thank Shasta T
HiltonFlagstaffAZ, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Contributor:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We truly appreciate all your kind words as well as your business. We look forward to seeing you next time your in town.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed here one night during a road trip. The staff was friendly and efficient. We found a number of good food options nearby. The hotel is close to the freeway. Our room was generally okay, although not recently updated.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
HiltonFlagstaffAZ, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Tsogi:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback as well as your business. Your comments will help us as we continually work to improve our guest experience. At Hilton Garden Inn, we promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you are satisfied. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future. You Can Count On Us. Guaranteed.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

On the outside and public areas this hotel looks like a Hilton property. The rooms are clean but old, my room had a large carpet tear in front of the bathroom. I kind of expected more out of my room. I was staying on points so It didnt matter too much. It is like $10 or so for "breakfast" The staff was friendly. The bed was comfortable.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The room was clean. The staff was friendly and offered suggestions for entertainment downtown. The lobby has a warm and relaxing atmosphere. The hotel is conveniently located to the interstate and downtown.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
HiltonFlagstaffAZ, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Lucydog2013:

Thanks for the great review of our hotel. We truly appreciate all your kind words as well as your business. We look forward to seeing you again next time your in town.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Great location if you want to be down the street from historic flagstaff and Route 66. Indoor pool is great and they have a hot tub. Our room had double beds not queen but they were very comfy. Clean rooms with fridge and microwave. It is on a busy street but we did not hear a thing from traffic. We were on first floor and that was also quiet. We also ended up here on a stop over and were really pleased!!

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Jackie l:

Thanks for the excellent review! We truly appreciate all your feedback. We look forward to seeing you next time your in Flagstaff.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We travelled as a family of four from Australia on a road trip starting in L.A, via Las Vegas and onto the Grand Canyon where we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, Flagstaff.

I must preface my review by stating I am a Hilton ‘Gold’ member which I obtained due to business travel so upon registration we were provided with vouchers to the breakfast buffet and also very welcoming attention from the concierge / front desk staff. The hotel itself is very clean and the facilities are quite nice given the price of the room. The location is possibly a mile or two outside of the heart of Flagstaff where most of the restaurants and cafes are, however we had a hire vehicle as did most other guests so this is not a major issue for us.

The buffet breakfast was fantastic and the lady who was overseeing the restaurant was very friendly and helpful offering to make waffles for the kids and assist in any way she could. The breakfast area is of medium size but has wonderful ambience and plenty of sunshine coming through early in the morning.

The bathroom is a bit on the smallish side and it has the shower/bath combo which I don’t personally like but generally expect in this size of a hotel. The beds are also doubles which makes it tough to share when travelling as a foursome although we were only there for 2 nights so it wasn’t a major issue.

The hotel is just over an hour away from the Grand Canyon so the drive up North was well worth our decision to stay in Flagstaff.

Overall we were very happy with the experience and would certainly stay at Hilton Garden Inn again.

Room Tip: Ask if there are rooms with queen or King size beds if travelling as a family of four.
1  Thank Scott C

Dear Mr. C:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We truly appreciate your kinds words. We look forward to seeing you next time your in Flagstaff.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed in Flagstaff during my trip from Las Vegas to Grand Canyon. Rooms are quite small but for this value this should be the best option if you need to have a cheap stop before Canyon. Thumbs up for helpful staff and fast wifi in the breakfast area

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank BartG_1000
HiltonFlagstaffAZ, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear BArtg_1000:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us in Flagstaff. We truly appreciate all your feedback. We look forward to seeing you next time your in town.

Hilton Garden Inn-flagstaff