“Overpriced”

Days Inn Flagstaff - West Route 66
Ranked #41 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

If I could, I would give this Days Inn 2 1/2 stars. Not exactly "poor" but should be "below average"

Pros:
- price of about $82 per night (including tax) was pretty good and included breakfast, such as it was
- we got a ground floor room as requested, which helped my 82 year old mom
- rooms were reasonably clean
- did have a working TV, microwave, refrigerator
- free wireless internet

Cons:
- breakfast buffet was not good - unlike other Days Inns we've stayed at, this one had all cheap carbs and little else. Breakfast was waffles, donuts, toast or a limited supply of cheap cereals pre-packaged. Oh, and they had a few pieces of fruit - but all they had was apples when I was there. No bacon nor sausage, no eggs, no yogurt, no granola, no muffins, no bagels, no butter (only cheap margarine), no other fruit. We skipped the buffet the 2nd day and went to McDonalds instead.
- no fan in bathroom and no grab bars for older people
- door lock was somewhat beat up and it was very difficult to get the keycard to work
- snack machine was there but empty of all but cornnuts
- hotel rooms looked a bit worn and in need of updating
- staff was not particularly helpful nor friendly, but not unfriendly either. Just sort of there.

I generally like Days Inn as they are a cut above Motel 6 and I like having a mini kitchen of sorts, a slightly bigger room, and breakfast included. But, in this case, I felt the hotel wasn't any better than a Motel 6 so I wish I'd saved a little money and stayed there instead.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
GMFlagstaff2014, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Flagstaff - West Route 66, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Hello ScoutKatie,

Thank you for letting us know on what aspects of our services we should improve in order to provide you and all our guests with the best Days Inn experience. I apologize if you weren't satisfied with the breakfast we provided for you that day as well as your difficulties in assisting your mother to the bathroom. Trust that your concerns will be accelerated for evaluation in order to address accordingly. I hope we could have another chance to offer you improved accommodation in the future.
Oceanside
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

My husband, I, our dog and 2 kids , aged 10 & 14 stayed at the Days INN for 3 nights. We had a very nice stay with limited noise. The front desk customer service was not very friendly, but it probably has to do with inconsiderate folk who tend not to respect their surroundings. It seemed like one of their glass doors that led to the ice and snacks were shattered. All in all it was a nice stay and my kids got to see the Grand Canyon which is what we came for.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

GMFlagstaff2014, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Flagstaff - West Route 66, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Hello Miss Carla S.,

Thank you for bringing your comment on the manner you were attended by the front desk, I will accelerate this matter for verification as we want to provide our guests with inviting, happy ambiance at all times. I am glad however that you had an overall comfortable stay and enjoyed your family vacation. I hope to see you again soon.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Good size rooms, very clean, nice pillows. Large, clean pool. Breakfast was disappointing but what do you expect for such an inexpensive room. Nice location. We biked everywhere. Only real problem was the smell of the lobby. Very overwhelming powdery smell.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

GMFlagstaff2014, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Flagstaff - West Route 66, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Hello Miss Sharon,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay and for bringing to our attention your concern about the breakfast the the lobby. I hope it did not cause you much discomfort. I will bring this matter to management. I assure you this will looked into very carefully as our goal is to provide our guests quality services. We hope to see you again soon and allow us to offer you improved services.
Allendale, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

It was reasonably evident that this is an older building, but also clear that there was a recent total renovation. The bed, sheets, blanket, and pillows were all like new and very comfortable. The bathroom was exceptionally clean and very nice. I had only two insignificant issues: watered down orange juice (which was made up for by the wide variety of breakfast options) and the pool wasn't open (it was a very nice looking pool, and we were there in April, so it's understandable that it was closed) I will absolutely make this my first choice any time I am in Flagstaff again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
GMFlagstaff2014, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Flagstaff - West Route 66, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Hello logicwar,

Thank you for making Days Inn Flagstaff your first choice of hotel. It is indeed rewarding to know that we have met your satisfaction during your recent stay with us. Please know that we will be working more closely to maintain consistency in the quality of accommodation you enjoyed with us. We look forward to your next visit in our hotel again soon!