“Golf tournament”

Days Inn Flagstaff - West Route 66
Ranked #42 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
California, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Room: Nice, spacious and clean, outdated furniture and old TV. Bad old-style door lock and bad lights system. AC runs, but loud.
Bathroom: shower has a good water pressure, but there is not fan or window to ventilate bathroom
Pool: falling apart.
Breakfast: good and plenty
Customer Service: little rude, but efficient.

Room Tip: There are not so many cheaper hotel in the zone, this one seems to be ok for couple of nights
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
GMFlagstaff2014, Manager at Days Inn Flagstaff - West Route 66, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
I'm glad you found our room nice and clean, though your impression of our services and hospitality is quite distressing. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and to bring these matters to our attention.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The standard price was apparently $120 per night but I got it for $83 plus tax through an online discount site (so I did not know where I was staying until I booked). I noticed after I found out where I was staying that the place had absolutely horrible reviews! But I experienced almost none of what the other people were experiencing.

My room was right next to the train (second floor end unit) and I never heard the train once after my door was closed. So I have no complaints about the noise of the train keeping me up all night.

The room was definitely outdated, but compared to the Motel 6 I had stayed at the week before in San Diego this hotel was a bargain. I paid $130 per night for the Motel 6 and it was 100 times worse than this Days Inn.

The breakfast was all carbs ... but what hotel in this class does not serve all carbs at breakfast? I was expecting nothing less. At hotels of this class I also expect the orange juice to be watered down so I had the apple juice.

Hotel staff? That seems to be a major complaint. I do have to say in my limited check me in and check me out interaction with the front desk staff they said almost nothing to me. It would have been nice to have a "welcome to Day's Inn" or "Enjoy your Stay" or something like that ... but I got none of those frills. So although I had no arguments with staff I highly agree they could be more pleasant.

So all things considered I slept well (although I always bring my own pillow) and had no problems in my room. Would I stay there for $120 per night? No Way! Would I stay there for $83 a night? Maybe but I would prefer $65 to $75 per night. After all it is very outdated.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
GMFlagstaff2014, Manager at Days Inn Flagstaff - West Route 66, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! Your comments and suggestions will help us to recognize our strengths and improve upon our weaknesses and we thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and sharing your experience. We hope you'll return someday to see how we're improving.
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My family stayed there for 3 nights this past weekend for a family reunion. We booked about 10 rooms total and everyone agreed this was a terrible hotel. I'm not even sure where to start. At check-in, we were told that a crib for our 1 year old would be an extra $10 per night. I have never had to pay extra for a crib and this hotel has a "kids 17 and under stay free with an adult" policy. I mentioned this and the hotel staff member told me that because my rate was low, I had to pay extra for a crib. I mentioned that no hotel has ever charged me for a crib and he said that I probably paid more at the other hotels.

Let's start with the room, which was a dump. There was mold in the bathroom, the exhaust fan didn't work and was barely attached to the wall, the towels were paper thin, the hair dryer didn't work (which they replaced very quickly with a working one), and there were bugs in the room. Each room had 1 pillow that was OK, and several other half pillows that were so old that the stuffing inside was only about half the width of a regular pillow. This was consistent in all the rooms we rented.

The breakfast was terrible. Just some cheap greasy donuts, bread, cereal, and a couple waffle makers. The high chairs had unusable straps, which resulted in a trip to the emergency room and stitches for our 1 year old son. The straps had a velcro lock, but were so short you couldn't use them. We complained to the front desk but they said it wasn't their problem because the breakfast area was another company. The carpet in the breakfast/lobby area was so dirty that when our son was crawling around on it for a couple minutes, his knees and hands were black. The carpet was also frayed and torn at the seams.

They had a bar in the lobby but it was never open in the 3 nights we were there (a weekend.)

My recommendation is that you avoid this motel and find another where the staff actually cares enough to maintain the property and provide good service.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
5 Thank Rocket_Scientist_2
GMFlagstaff2014, Manager at Days Inn Flagstaff - West Route 66, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
I deeply regret to learn that you found this experience to be so terrible due to issues that should have been immediately addressed. I am so disappointed to hear that you were so dissatisfied with our accommodations and services and that our rating for your experience is so low. Thank you for sharing your experience so that we can benefit from your perspective of our hospitality and services. I hope you will accept our sincerest apologies for the service that you did not receive regarding the necessity of correcting such issues as quickly as possible. I assure you that each issue mentioned is being investigated and addressed and we thank you for taking the time to point out the areas where we can improve upon the guest experience. Thank you!

Travellers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Colorado Springs, CO
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had a family reunion here and it was typical of a 21/2 star hotel. The beds are fairly comfortable, the room has a good-sized refrigerator and microwave. The bathroom did have mold in the corner and the sink/bathtub leaked a lot, which makes me cringe to waste that much water! The towels desparately need to be replaced. The air conditioner worked but was super loud and dirty! The pool was great. The front desk people were friendly. The best perk for us was that they allowed us to use the 'breakfast' room to gather for our reunion dinner and celebration if we agreed to clean up afterwards. Yes, it cost too much even being near the Grand Canyon.

Room Tip: Rooms that do not face the pool are more quiet but have a view of the parking lot and the hotel next...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
GMFlagstaff2014, Manager at Days Inn Flagstaff - West Route 66, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Thank you for letting us know that you find our hospitality of good value, but I am terribly sorry that you experienced a number of inconveniences regarding the working order of the appliances and housekeeping issues during your stay in our hotel. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area and show you how we are improving!
West Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Came into town fairly early and wanted to get a room before going to the Grand Canyon. I realize this is in the Grand Canyon area so it will be a little more expensive but this was quite a bit more expensive. $200 per night. The bathroom needed a thorough cleaning as there were cobwebs hanging from the ceiling and in the window sill.

We left to go drive around the south rim of the Grand Canyon and got back late. When we tried to use our keys our door would not open (they worked when we dropped off our things in our room before we left). Went to the front desk and explained and they said the battery in the door must need changed. The handyman came and was able to get us in the door with his key but ours still would not work. He said he would come back the next day to fix it. We were not able to leave together the rest of the night as there had to be someone in the room at all times in order to make sure we weren't locked out. If I had paid a normal price for this hotel I wouldn't have minded but for $200 a night you expect a key that will actually work and a clean room.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
GMFlagstaff2014, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Flagstaff - West Route 66, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Hello Miss Carlene,

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience on the failure of the key card to function properly during your stay and for the quality of clean in the room assigned to you.I will submit your feedback to our management so that this is addressed accordingly and trust that this will not be disregarded. I hope we could have another chance to offer you improved services the next time you visit Williams.