“Our 5th stay in Flagstaff, 1st at Little America”

Little America Hotel Flagstaff
Ranked #2 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Carmel, California
“Our 5th stay in Flagstaff, 1st at Little America”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Our best stay in Flagstaff so far. The room and hotel were very clean, the bed was the most comfortable so far with down pillows, the food was excellent and the staff was fantastic. We stayed two nights during their remodel and we really didn't even notice that it was going on. I would recommend getting a room on the garden side though as it was nice to see the trees in the morning through the windows. We went for a great walk of a couple miles that started right behind the hotel and connected up with the Flagstaff trail system.
I was truly impressed with the staff. Everyone was polite and nice. 5 minutes before our free shuttle to the airport, I realized that I had lost my i-phone. The driver helped us locate the phone with the help of the "find my iphone" app (great btw), and then rushed us downtown to pick up the phone on our way to the airport. We were able to make our flight on time and get the phone that I really needed for work the next day. Wow!! I will not stay anyplace else when I visit Flagstaff and I will make a point of visiting other hotels in the chain.

Room Tip: Go for the garden side and have the breakfast buffet
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
TheGrandAmerica, Public Relations Manager at Little America Hotel Flagstaff, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Michael H-

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and will be keeping The Little America hotel family in mind in your future travels. We look forward to welcoming you upon your next visit!

Regards -

Hotel Staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (552)
El Centro, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

We have stayed at Little America quite a number of times, and the place is always the same, Fantastic. At this time, they are renovating the whole facility, with warmed sidewalks and a whole new entrance, complete with electric doors. We were there on the holiday weekend of Veterans Day, and they may have completed the remodel by the time you read this.
The rooms are larger than most, larger screen TV, all the goodies.
Whenever we stay at Little America, the staff always make you feel like family.

1 Thank sailandtravel
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

We booked our room through hotwire and were very happy with our stay. Our room was really spacious with fancy furniture (see pictures). Everything was clean, but you could see that this is a somewhat dated hotel. The bathroom especially could use a bit of renovation. The bed was very comfortable and it was quiet at night. There were some renovations at the time of our stay, but we were not affected in any way. The pool was closed for the season. The service was alright. We really enjoyed the breakfast buffet (13$) which was quite good (especially loved the bacon and sausage! however for some reason the coffee was really bad). Highly recommend this hotel.

Corona de Tucson, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

As I am only recently a member I did not rate this hotel when we stayed there...twice. LOVE IT and don't bother looking at the rates for any other place. Our first stay was when I desperately needed somewhere to stay when our other hotel room was totally unacceptable when we showed up. I had remembered a friend telling me how lovely this place is. The next trip to Flagstaff I just booked the rooms here. Can't say enough nice things. Yes you can get cheaper rooms but you might walk out of that cheaper room just like I did. This is a great place.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back give you an opportunity to watch all the squirrels jump from tree to tree - we lov...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Kent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

Wow what a hidden treasure.
The rooms I believe are all of the same standard.
Our room was large, and very tastefully decorated.
The beds were very comfortable.
We found all the staff very friendly, attentative and worked in an efficient manner.
The food in the restaurant was excellent, as were the bar snacks.
We took a 2 mile walk around the pine forest, (part of the hotel grounds), pleasant experience.
The decor in the hotel gives a very relaxed feeling.
Highly recommended.

Springfield, Mo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

We booked our room through priceline and were happily suprised. They have a good restaurant and bar. (There were not any other food places close by.) We were also able to knock out some laundry they had 3 washers and dryers. Be sure to bring extra quarters for your jeans it will take 2 trys. I would stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

I cannot believe how scrumptious the bed linens are, worthy of a 5 star hotel, and also, the staff. The rooms are spacious, classically decorated, and so clean.

Kudos to a first class reception, housekeeping and restaurant staff as well.

I love Little America!