2,730 results
All reviews truck stop hiking trail pine forest grand canyon christmas lights rooms are huge hotel grounds grounds are beautiful hotel restaurant north pole wooded area hot tub loved this hotel off the highway gas station main building breakfast buffet
Reviewed 4 October 2008

I read a lot of reviews on a lot of hotels on trip advisor before i booked my trip and Little America came up No.1 every time. Enough said.

Date of stay: September 2008
Reviewed 4 September 2008

Great place to stay, on outskirts of Flagstaff.
Initially turning in you wonder as it is through a Gas station forecourt!! But once there it is quiet, occasional hooting of trains, but no traffic noise.
Food very nice in restaurant and a great gift shop.
Staff mostly all great and pool is fantastic.
Not so good is lazy pool boy who lazes around on beds close to drinks machine and texts all day. Told me where towels were instead of fetching - he needs a kick up the b*tt.
It didn't spoil it though and although slightly pricy was well worth it.
Rooms big and very clean and nicely decorated!

Date of stay: August 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2008

I have stayed at Little America many, many times over my lifetime. I went there as a child and now was able to bring my own family.

The rooms were updated a couple of years ago. There is no longer the red, green, gold, blue room option. The rooms are more neutral now, but updated. The bedding, carpet, and wallpaper have all been redone. Much of the furniture looks the same. Charming, large rooms. Beautiful property that our one-year-old loved exploring. Fun playground, nice pool. Choose the forest view rooms, if possible.

The coffee shop menu leaves a bit to be desired. The food is "heavy" (we're used to lighter fare).

We'll be headed back!

Date of stay: August 2008
1  Thank sunnhappy
Reviewed 25 August 2008

We stayed at the Little America in Flagstaff for 2 nights in July-08.
We drive from Las vegas to Flagstaff and our intention was to use Flagstaff as our base to visit the South Rim of Grand Canyon.
We were initially pleasantly surprised at the size of the rooms at the Little America , they were also very clean and well looked after.
The Concierge gave us very good advice on restaurants in the area , Black Bart's is worth the visit for the singing staff , also Buster's in Flagstaff has excellent and well-priced food.
I would love to go back to Flagstaff , we didn't give ourselves enough time here to see the local visitor attractions.
Finally the breakfast is very good in the hotel .

Date of stay: July 2008
Reviewed 16 August 2008

We stayed here for our 2nd anniversary and loved it.

My husband booked the trip and I didn't know where we were going. When we first pulled in all I could see is their associated gas station and panicked that we would be at a motel. I was pleasantly surprised.

We went to Flag to beat the Phoenix heat and the hotel, set among a mini forest of pine trees, helped accomplish that goal. It must have been 10 degrees cooler on the grounds than elsewhere.

Room was pretty, large and clean.
Pool was very nice if a bit crowded.
Nice walking trail around the property
5-10 min drive to downtown, 10-15 min to Lowell Observatory.

Great location, great hotel. I recommend staying here!

Date of stay: June 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)