Little America Hotel Flagstaff
Hilton Garden Inn Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$162
Sonesta ES Suites Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
US$151
Holiday Inn Express Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$130
Hampton Inn & Suites Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$141
Comfort Inn Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$126
ComfortInn
Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
US$216
Hotels.com
US$173
La Quinta Inn & Suites Flagstaff(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
US$154
Highland Country Inn(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$87
Travelocity
Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort(Flagstaff)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$143
Travelocity
2,523 results
All reviewstruck stophiking trailpine forestgrand canyonrooms are hugechristmas lightshotel groundsnorth polehotel restaurantwooded areahot tubgas stationmain buildingloved this hotelbit datedoff the highwaybreakfast buffet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 February 2009

We went for an early Valentine's Day weekend. Check in and out was super fast. The room was nice and we didn't hear the train or highway traffic at night. My boyfriend was impressed and thought it was romantic, but there some problems. Our beds were extremely hard and pillows were way too soft. We ended up doing a lot of hiking, so by the second night we were so tired that it wasn't a problem. Every morning starting around 8am you are woken up by other rooms' doors slamming. Also, check out is 11am, but housekeeping was at our door at 9:30am. I told her that we would be out in 15 more minutes. She was very sweet and said she would wait for us. This is a little wierd for me though, I felt like we were being rushed. All in all it was in a good location, but I wasn't that impressed for $90 a night. I can get similar room quality on hotire or hotels.com for a lot cheaper, but my boyfriend wants to stay there next time we're in town.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank reinoko
Reviewed 28 January 2009

Our family used to stay at the Flagstaff Little America when I was younger, and I have fond memories of it, so my husband and I decided to stay here on a recent overnight trip to Flagstaff. We loved the hotel itself, though we did have a couple of minor service issues. (Those issues were the only reason I didn't rate it a "5".)

First, however, in regard to the train noise, the train is not right next to the hotel - the tracks are about a half mile away. You can hear the whistle when you are outside, but it's rather faint. I honestly don't know how people can be bothered by it when you are in your room. If you think it might be an issue, get a room with a "forest view" - ours faced the forest, and we never heard the train, even while sitting next to the balcony with the door open a bit. (Note on the balconies: They are French balconies with sliding glass doors - you can't really sit outside on the balcony, but you can open the doors. We pulled our chairs over and watched the wildlife among the trees.)

Outside:
The hotel is very well-kept, and during the holidays their trees outside are covered with thousands of lights - very pretty when you drive into the lobby. The forest behind the hotel is beautiful and quite peaceful; we went for a walk in the (deep!) snow and enjoyed ourselves very much. Would be gorgeous in summer!

The rooms:
They have been nicely refurbished, but it is NOT a modern look in any sense. It does not look like a Westin or Mondrian hotel, and it's not supposed to. It's furnished in a kind of French provincial style; some of the rooms are pink, some are blue and gold, some are green/pink/gold, etc. The lighting, bathroom, and vanity area are all of an older style, but still tasteful, and we rather liked it. It's not how I would decorate my own home, but that's part of the fun of traveling - getting to experience a unique place. Everything was spotlessly clean as well, and the bed comfy. We stayed in a king suite, which was quite spacious, with a large sitting area and glass dining table. They gave us a corner room, so we had two sets of sliding glass doors, which let in lots of light.

The first three lodges are all connected with breezeways, which is great in winter. The fireplaces in the lobby and lounge were nice, too. They keep the outdoor walkways fairly ice-free, but be careful in the parking lots, as they do get icy - but that's true of many parking lots in Flagstaff following heavy snow and freezing weather. I did see maintenance staff going around with shovels and salt.

Check-in and front desk:
The front desk personnel were quite friendly, answered questions about the hotel and their events, dining times, etc.

Tiffany Tree lounge:
We had drinks here the first night. The lounge is very pretty with the stained glass tree, picture windows, and fireplace. When we walked in, however, none of the servers approached us for at least 10 minutes. I finally had to chase one down, and she apologized that she hadn't seen us - despite the table right next to us receiving service while we watched and waited. Our drinks took awhile to arrive, yet the lounge wasn't busy. Not sure what was going on there, but our server was friendly nonetheless. They do have a happy hour from 5-7 with $5 apps and drink specials.

Room Service:
We ordered breakfast from room service, and it arrived in a timely fashion, with everything hot. However, they failed to provide any condiments- including no butter or jam for the toast, no salt or pepper, tabasco or ketchup for the potatoes, etc. When we called room service to have them delivered, we never got through. This was very annoying, as it would have been a long walk from our room to the cafe, and we didn't feel like having cold eggs if we fetched the condiments ourselves. The front desk did remove some of the room service charge when we mentioned this to them.

I do think the hotel has some issues with service overall - and they could be easily remedied. Most of the staff seems quite friendly, they simply need better training. The service issues weren't a huge deal to us, though, and we did enjoy our stay. I'd rather stay here than in one of the chain hotels around Flagstaff.

Other info:
We have also stayed at the Monte Vista in Flagstaff; I'll write a review for that one later - it's an interesting hotel, though not necessarily our style. We also toured the Weatherford Hotel during this trip; the manager took us around and was very knowledgeable. If you like historic places, you might look into the Weatherford. The manager was quite friendly, and the hotel has a restaurant and two bars. We had appetizers in one of their bars, and it was quite good! It's definitely an historic place and "quirky" but fun; if you stay, get one of the larger suite rooms if you can. And yes, train noise is rather loud at the Weatherford; the hotel is located in the downtown area just one block away from the tracks.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Hummingbird3721
Reviewed 12 January 2009

I went to Flagstaff with some friends of mine for my birthday, after a day in the snow and sun we rested our heads at this hotel. It was so nice to have a cute room to rest in afterwards. There is a great bar with a fire place that we went to and drank some hot chocolate and coctails. I also had breakfast the next morning and although it was pricey it was good food and very convient in the nice breakfast area. Thanks Little America for hosting my birthday celebrations!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Lane_road
Reviewed 11 January 2009

I have stayed here three times, exactly five years apart each time (1998/2003/2008). The exterior really gives you a "built in the 1970s and never changed" feel to it. Interesting side note--this is one of the few hotels I have stayed at that does NOT use plastic card keys--though the metal "key" is still electronically programmed.

That said, there have been a number of improvements made to the rooms themselves, and the rooms actually seemed to have upgraded a bit between our 2003 stay and our 2008 stay.

Other than a rowdy group somewhere near us (several empty 18-packs of beer outside the room when we checked out the next day), we had no real complaints.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank SteveinSoCal
Reviewed 10 January 2009

Wonderful property. The checkin is courteous and very professional. The rooms were spotless, large, and comfortable. The bed was a pillow top, and there is a flat panel tv. We stayed on Christmas night, and the restaurant was open. It was very good. We ordered room service for breakfast the next morning and were very pleased with that as well. Wireless internet worked great. My wife and I have no complaints whatsoever. I know it's more expensive than the average $40-$60 super 8, econo, etc, but it is well worth it if you want to splurge a bit more than usual. I can't brag enough about their beds. As good as home!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Joaks