“Great place”
Review of Rough Riders Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Medora
Rough Riders Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Medora
Winnipeg, Canada
“Great place”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Great place for a good nights rest. Large room, king bed, large walkin shower, clean comfortable bed. Never heard any noise till 7:30 in the morning. Would be nice to get a breakfast for the price you pay,and a pool but Medora is expensive because they can at least in the summer season.Friendly front desk service.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Florence
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We loved our night in Medora!!
The hotel is recently refurbished and the quality of the room is very high.
Following other review, I was curious to check the shower...... Marvellous!!
The Restaurant is very good, the crew is very kind and attentive....
The location of Medora is really nice... a Far West spot in the year 2000's...
We missed the Musical in Medora but I think it deserve to be seen...better to book before arriving unless you plan more than just one night as we did.
Definitely a nice place to visit.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We were beyond impressed with this hotel!! My gf and I travel frequently, and this was one of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed in. You cannot beat the price (we went during the off-season, March, and as we were some of the only guests, we felt like we had the place to ourselves). The hotel was spotless, the front desk staff were very friendly and helpful, all amenities were recently updated - the huge tile walk in shower was amazing. The buffet style breakfast (hot) wasn't lacking at all. Great location in the middle of town - close to the park and within walking distance to most of the restaurants. Without a doubt, we would stay here again!

Room Tip: We stayed in the newer "Tower" rooms - highly recommend.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Clean room. Very modern bathroom with curtainless, tiled shower (very sleek). Quiet building. Teddybear available for purchase in room.... Damn them. Flat screen. Fridge. Wonderful international staff. Nice city. No continental breakfast, no pool, very basic "fitness center", but super-fast wi-fi.

Would like to stay for a more lengthy visit.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

It was my birthday and I had to travel to Dickinson. So I went early, drove to Medora and checked into the Rough Riders Hotel. The front desk directed me to a lovely loop drive in the National Park, Afterwards I had a wonderful dinner in the dining room - the wait staff even brought desert and sang happy birthday! My room was was extremely comfortable, well appointed and someone had remembered business travelers need lots of accessible plugs. It was a memorable business trip thanks to the thoughtfulness of the Rough Rider Hotel staff.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Ohio
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel! We stayed one night in the historic section. Room was clean & decorated nicely. Hotel staff was friendly & helpful. I would definitely stay here again. The hotel restaurant is also very good. Thumbs Up!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HoneyBear22
Lakeland, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 August 2014

When making our reservation I had a great deal of trepidation about this property. But, given the choices available in Medora I hesitantly made the reservation. When we arrived at the hotel and drove into the parking lot I was REALLY not sure about the decision to stay there. The outside of the hotel has been preserved as it was when TR stayed there. But upon entering the lobby I was immediately placed at ease. The lobby library and guest services desk were beautiful. Upon entering our room we were again pleasantly surprised by another visitor, staying in our room with us. His name is Theodore J. Bear and he is now our traveling bear. The room was large, clean and comfortable. The price was a little more than I'm used to paying, but well worth it. If I'm ever in the area I definitely be returning to the Rough Rider.

Room Tip: Ask for a new room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank David W

Been to Rough Riders Hotel? Share your experiences!