“Two words...honey lavender martinis”
Review of Sample - CLOSED

Price range: US$15 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Buffalo, New York
“Two words...honey lavender martinis”
Reviewed 21 July 2012

So I love close to this restaurant and frequent it very often. My favorite thing they have there is Honey Lavender Martinis...delicious and very dangerous :) The food is always fresh and full of flavor. You can get food of all types and sizes. You can get platters, entrees, or bite size treats. The service is good and the wait staff are attentive and friendly. The atmosphere is very modern and hip. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants a unique experience with delicious and exotic food.

• Visited July 2012

“A Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed 3 October 2011

My husband and I dined here using a restaurants.com coupon, which was good, only on the chef's tasting at $36.00 per person, plates cannot be shared. We had a bad feeling that we were going to spend a pretty penny, and possibly still leave hungry, but our hunch was very wrong. We dined on a rainy Friday evening, tried to get in to catch cocktail hour. 2 for 1 cocktails. My husband had a unique rum drink, and I had the pomegranate champagne cocktail, both very good. We were seated at a table downstairs looking out the front window of the restaurant, and from there I noticed only good things about the decor and ambiance. Our server, attentive, went through the entire menu with us before I shared with him our coupon, allowing us to only order the chefs tasting so we had a nice idea of what we were about to embark on. First course was a few bites of a pistachio and leek cheesy baked thing...I know I made it sound really gourmet just now! It was delicious. My husband and I then each had our own own personal cheese board, followed by a 3rd course which was personal mediterranean plates with fantastic hummus, baba ghanoush, lentil salad, pita, and olives! 4th course was a flight of soups...HIGHLY RECOMMENDED regardless of what else you order. We each had 4 kinds of soups, all so delicious! We had a 4th course which was a flight of all things deep fried, buttermilk chicken, fish, jambalaya cake, and polenta. A 5th course which the waiter referred to as the carnivorous course which included another 2 flights of food at the table. Wonderful beef stew in this course! The only thing I didn't really care for was the bok choy burger so my husband enjoyed both of ours of course. Course 6- Dessert. Strawberry shortcake creme brule, a homemade donut and one other dessert bite that it slipping my food coma memory. All in all totally worth every penny we spent. We had a fun time sipping our cocktails watching the minutes of our enjoyable neighborhood unfold, and eating course after course of beautifully prepared creative dishes. Highly recommended to you reading this wondering if should waste your time...yes, do it...you won't be wasting anything!

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank BuffaloGirl4Ever
West Seneca, New York
“Great dining experience”
Reviewed 30 September 2011

If you haven't tried small plate dining, then try sample. Food portinos are really pretty good and the food itself is excellent! Cool drink menu, too. Try the Creme Brulee Trio for dessert.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank Prince-O
“Incredible Food”
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I'm an area native and this was my first visit. We were shocked by the interior of the place - total disrepair except for beautiful restrooms. We each got every single one of the samples on the menu and enjoyed every last bite. It was lovely to be able to try everything and not have to choose! The problem though is the menu does not change, and since we tried everything we have no reason to go back. This is great for a first time visitor though.

Visited July 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing quality and unfortunate circumstances led to a poor dining experience.”
Reviewed 10 January 2011

Let's deal with the unfortunate circumstances first - which I would willingly forgive. As is the case for many buildings on Allen Street in Buffalo, the architecture is old (and charming). Unfortunately, this place needs some upkeep including relocation of the the heat ducts located in the floor. During the meal, I suddenly found myself on the floor after one of the legs of my chair fell through a vented heat duct located in the floor, underneath our table. While the waiter was quick to respond to ask if I was alright, no other compensation was ever offered. Sure things happen, but I would have expected some offer to address such an unfortunate and potentially damaging circumstance.

As for the rest of the evening, our server really did a nice job and we were pleased with his attention. Unfortunately, while we love tapas style servings, we found the food quality lacking. This was especially true for the sea bass which was sent back because it smelled so bad. (I insisted on tasting it even though my wife urged me not to do so. I should have followed her suggestion.)

Actually, we felt that this restaurant has great potential. The local ambiance is lovely and the concept is great - but they need to move the quality up a notch or two. If they do that, they will be a welcomed addition to the Buffalo scene. We might go back... but we'll wait awhile and be cautious when we return.

• Visited January 2011