“Better food this time, but problems persist”
Review of Dug's Dive

Dug's Dive
Ranked #618 of 1,034 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Buffalo, New York
“Better food this time, but problems persist”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

A great spot to eat outside overlooking the small boat harbor. Food is slightly above average, but you're really here for the view. Checked in on a beautiful Friday about 4:15 hoping to beat the crowds. Hostess told us 15-20 minutes, maybe more because we requested outside, in the shade. Certainly not her fault that the tables had larger groups that weren't moving or seniors who ate at a snail's pace. Seated about 50 minutes later...apologizing hosts sat us at a dirty table to discourage another table that wanted to move to the shade. Thank you....good move.
Overheard host explaining the empty tables to others waiting.....she was waiting for servers to report to work? I know staffing these seasonal restaurants is difficult, but it seems like they would have been better staffed on a beautiful day that was forecast all week. At one point I went to the bar, and about six servers were there relaxing. I know everyone needs a break and maybe they weren't on the clock yet, but it seems a bit of a management issue.
Okay...Server came over promptly...and took our orders as we knew what we wanted. Food came out as ordered. Potato chip crusted fish fry was good...only fault was the water - logged ear of corn in the peak of corn season. Partner's calamari (a fav here) was fine....smaller potion than we usually get...we neglected to order it extra crispy, but was good. He usually gets a large salad and combines the two. Server was friendly, efficient and checked with us regularily.
Overall a satisfying meal. I sympathize with management on organizing a young staff, but at this point in the summer things should be a bit more under control.
A pleasant time, great atmosphere, decent food.....we'll be back!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank bflobear11

Buffalo, New York
“On the Water”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Located in a marina, it's not that bad. Lots of boats to watch including the beautiful Lake Erie. Some of the food is VERY good, but most is average and EXPENSIVE!!! Drinks are EXPENSIVE!!! I will come here once or twice a year, not that I like it, but after sailing with friends. I don't care for them as the sailing community supports them by going there, they do NOTHING to support the sailing community, in the way of race or regatta sponsorships. Others do, and they get my business!! Service isn't that great either.

• Visited July 2014
buffalo
“Marina Party”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I keep our boat near here and just never seemed to be able to get in for a meal as the place is always packed when we left the water. So we decided to go there for her birthday and when we got there it was very busy. We only waited about a half hour for a table while we met some nice people at the bar. I had the Linguine in clam sauce. My wife had the shrimp scampi. Our meals were really good along with the service and drinks. We will go back for sure because on top off all that our bill was really fare for the amount of food and drinks we had. This is a great place to hang out for drinks or dinner with friends. the atmosphere is very casual and fitting for being near the water. Enjoy !

Visited July 2014
1 Thank islandnutz
Colden, New York
“Good food great view”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Finally made it to this part of the waterfront. Took a walk and stopped in for lunch.Not just a hot dog and hamburger place like many other places.Had the Cajun haddock,corn on the cob,coleslaw and a side salad. All were delicious and the side salad was huge.Great view of the water from the outside porch (Even a great breeze on a hot Buffalo day).Will be back to try other seafood and enjoy the view Been to other places in Florida that had less of a view and double the prices

• Visited June 2014
Orchard Park, New York
“Good not great food and ok atmosphere”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My wife and I went here for the fish. Big portions and decent sides, Problem was the fish was greasy where is over powered the plate and was everywhere, but that could be fixed allowing it to drain for a minute are so before serving. The service was fast so it was not like we were waiting a long time to get our food. The side like corn on the corn was great, sweet and juicy. I had the regular fires and the where crisp and tasty, and my wife had the sweet potatoes and the where spot on. Anyone who eats sweet potatoes fries knows it hard to find a place that cooks them right.
As for the atmosphere is was boring, for a place on the lake with a name like Dugs Dive, I thought it would be dressed up more, it was very plain with walls colors that reminded me of a living room and not a lakeside restaurant. But to each their own I guess.
They had other thing’s on the menu that looked good and a nice looking deck outside (too cold to sit there when we were there) but for us there just was not enough to try this place again with so many other place in Buffalo to go eat at!

• Visited May 2014