“Good food on the waterfront” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
NY
“Good food on the waterfront”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Restaurant is at the small boat harbor which is great for watching boats and looking at the water. We sat outside for lunch; it was a beautiful day and not windy. My husband had a battered fish dinner that he really enjoyed. The batter had potato chips in it, which is different from what we all know as battered fish in WNY. It arrived with a cucumber sauce instead of tartar sauce. He actually really enjoyed this dinner. He said that he could actually taste the fish since he didn't have tartar sauce on it. The sauce allowed the taste of the fish to come through. He even liked having potato chips in the batter. He couldn't finish the whole dinner, which is unusual for him. I had the chicken salad on a grilled New England roll. It was very good. I also ordered sweet potato fries which come with a dollop of butter instead of the usual honey. I much preferred it with butter. Maybe the prices are a little high, but it's nice being on the water in the summer and I'm sure their rent is high so it has to be reflected in the prices. Our server was great. Friendly and efficient service is definitely a plus. We'll go again.

• Visited August 2014

Buffalo, New York
“Better food this time, but problems persist”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

A great spot to eat outside overlooking the small boat harbor. Food is slightly above average, but you're really here for the view. Checked in on a beautiful Friday about 4:15 hoping to beat the crowds. Hostess told us 15-20 minutes, maybe more because we requested outside, in the shade. Certainly not her fault that the tables had larger groups that weren't moving or seniors who ate at a snail's pace. Seated about 50 minutes later...apologizing hosts sat us at a dirty table to discourage another table that wanted to move to the shade. Thank you....good move.
Overheard host explaining the empty tables to others waiting.....she was waiting for servers to report to work? I know staffing these seasonal restaurants is difficult, but it seems like they would have been better staffed on a beautiful day that was forecast all week. At one point I went to the bar, and about six servers were there relaxing. I know everyone needs a break and maybe they weren't on the clock yet, but it seems a bit of a management issue.
Okay...Server came over promptly...and took our orders as we knew what we wanted. Food came out as ordered. Potato chip crusted fish fry was good...only fault was the water - logged ear of corn in the peak of corn season. Partner's calamari (a fav here) was fine....smaller potion than we usually get...we neglected to order it extra crispy, but was good. He usually gets a large salad and combines the two. Server was friendly, efficient and checked with us regularily.
Overall a satisfying meal. I sympathize with management on organizing a young staff, but at this point in the summer things should be a bit more under control.
A pleasant time, great atmosphere, decent food.....we'll be back!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank bflobear11
Buffalo, New York
“On the Water”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Located in a marina, it's not that bad. Lots of boats to watch including the beautiful Lake Erie. Some of the food is VERY good, but most is average and EXPENSIVE!!! Drinks are EXPENSIVE!!! I will come here once or twice a year, not that I like it, but after sailing with friends. I don't care for them as the sailing community supports them by going there, they do NOTHING to support the sailing community, in the way of race or regatta sponsorships. Others do, and they get my business!! Service isn't that great either.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
buffalo
“Marina Party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I keep our boat near here and just never seemed to be able to get in for a meal as the place is always packed when we left the water. So we decided to go there for her birthday and when we got there it was very busy. We only waited about a half hour for a table while we met some nice people at the bar. I had the Linguine in clam sauce. My wife had the shrimp scampi. Our meals were really good along with the service and drinks. We will go back for sure because on top off all that our bill was really fare for the amount of food and drinks we had. This is a great place to hang out for drinks or dinner with friends. the atmosphere is very casual and fitting for being near the water. Enjoy !

Visited July 2014
1 Thank islandnutz
Colden, New York
“Good food great view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Finally made it to this part of the waterfront. Took a walk and stopped in for lunch.Not just a hot dog and hamburger place like many other places.Had the Cajun haddock,corn on the cob,coleslaw and a side salad. All were delicious and the side salad was huge.Great view of the water from the outside porch (Even a great breeze on a hot Buffalo day).Will be back to try other seafood and enjoy the view Been to other places in Florida that had less of a view and double the prices

• Visited June 2014