On arrival the hotel is absolutely beautiful. The staff are so friendly and welcoming and incredibly helpful. After a long journey to Buffalo I was delighted to find myself in such gorgeous surrounds. The fact that they have an honour bar where you can serve yourself and relax in style really is a plus.
My only issues with the hotel were as follows.
Firstly, on the first morning of my stay, I accidentally spilled makeup down the front of one of the hotel bathrobes. I left it on the floor in the bathroom along with my towels - an action which I have always understood indicated that I wanted new ones. At any rate, I was dismayed to find the robe had been hung back up in the closet later that evening so I put it back on the floor in the bathroom hoping the hint would be gotten. No luck. It wasn't until four days in that the robe was actually replaced with a clean one. May seem like a small thing but it was obviously ignored and it made me wonder if my towels were being replaced at all or just re-folded and put around the tub.
The treadmill was out of service. I understand from reading previous reviews that it has possibly been out of service for a while - myself and my colleague were told they had no idea it wasn't working and that they had called someone to service it.
When leaving I asked for the receipt for dinner I had ordered from a nearby restaurant which was delivered to me at the hotel (as the hotel does not have a restaurant). The reception staff had lost my receipt which means I am now unable to claim it as an expense. I asked them to re-check their books just in case it was overlooked. I am still waiting to hear if anything has been found and it's been two days.
As a business traveller I didn't feel this hotel lived up to expectations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buffalo's first and only AAA Four Diamond hotel provides a cosmopolitan, European hotel experience with value added complimentary amenities such as valet parking, breakfast, afternoon cocktails, downtown Land Rover transportation, free wireless and/or hi-speed internet and more. Guestrooms receive equivalent deluxe services and amenities, with size and architectural detail distinguishing each room type. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Mansion on Delaware Avenue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mansion On Delaware Avenue Hotel Buffalo
- Mansion On Delaware Avenue Buffalo