“Beautiful”

The Mansion on Delaware Avenue
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Buffalo
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

All I can say is I love love love this place it's appropriate for any occasions kids no kids romantic get away or busines getaway rather than go anywhere else stay here well worth the price I would most definitely recommended this to anybody I know..if I ever come to this city again this is where I will be for sure greatplace

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank lovehojomaryjane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Sandys Parish, Bermuda
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Was in town for a wedding and chose the Mansion. What a fabulous place. It is what it is...a Mansion! Loved the common rooms in the lobby. They have a well stocked honor bar and billiards table. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. My only criticism is about the bath rooms. Our room had only one sink but a ton of counter space. Shower configuration is odd and door was broken. And no fan in the bathroom. However, this did not distract us from enjoying our time at the Mansion. The staff really make this place special. They were always there to help us with anything we needed. I can assure you that when next in Buffalo, I'm staying at the Mansion.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank BermyStylie
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Staff was fantastic as we needed special service when we arrived. Rooms are great, comfy and clean.
They ordered in food specially for us from a local restaurant, plated the food for us and brought it to our room. In the morning, complimentary buffet was plated and brought up to our room as well.
The mansion is small, intimate And welcoming. Common areas are great and we would come back again.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Tal1975
Geno_Principe, Owner at The Mansion on Delaware Avenue, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Thank you for your review and for choosing The Mansion. The best compliment a guest can give is the assurance that they will be back - we are so happy to hear that! We look forward to welcoming you back.
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We made our second visit to the Mansion in July. What a wonderful place to be! In spite of being on a "half off deal" we were treated like VIPs. The hotel is a wonderful mix of Victorian opulance with eclectic modern ambience. Complimentary cocktails served in the parlor or on the patio. The luxury of being chauffered to dinner and being able to enjoy drinks and wine with dinner. A big improvement over the first visit was the improved complimentary breakfast. Again, a wonderful eclectic twist on European style offerings. The Mansion is on our list of favorites!

Room Tip: Even the Classic Rooms are ample for a couple overnight. This is definitely an adult oriented hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LJPlateisfull
Thank you for your review and for choosing The Mansion....again! The many services you mentioned, such as complimentary cocktails, Butler Service and transportation, are perennial guest favorites. We are happy to hear that you had seen an improvement to the complimentary European-style breakfast - we are constantly working to refine or improve the services and amenities the hotel provides to our guests. We hope to welcome you back for a third time, soon!
Reviewed 25 August 2013

My wedding party threw my bachelorette pre-party at the Mansion and it was beautiful. The atmosphere at the Mansion is gorgeous. From the moment I arrived, each and every staff member was more than accommodating. We were given a complimentary drink, a shuttle ride to the bar where we started our evening and a delicious breakfast, all included in the price. The building itself is quite stunning as well. I would recommend this location to anyone and everyone looking for a gorgeous place to stay, at a VERY reasonable price.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for choosing The Mansion and for your review. What a fun evening! The Butler chauffeured Range Rover transportation is quite perfect for nights such as this one. We often welcome groups of girlfriends who are celebrating a special event and choose The Mansion for the fantastic Butler Service and downtown Buffalo experience the Butlers help provide. Congratulations and best of luck!
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a luxurious overnight stay at this lovely establishment! We had complimentary cocktails on the cozy outdoor patio which helped us unwind in a relaxing atmosphere. Our room was comfortable, immaculate, beautifully decorated, and offered a feeling of special treatment. While meeting the other guests during encounters in the lobby, complimentary car rides, and breakfast, we felt at home and entirely relaxed. This establishment is very deserving of the Diamond Awards that are proudly placed near the elevator. Defintely on our wish list to return.

Room Tip: Our corner room was quiet and distant from any other guests.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing The Mansion and for your review. I am so glad that The Mansion on Delaware Avenue was such a luxurious get-away for you. The hotel is designed and The Butler Team works to provide that 'feeling of special treatment' to each one of our guests! We've had a beautiful summer and we're so glad you could enjoy our lovely gardens and patio. Keep us on your wish-list....we look forward to welcoming you back!
tpe
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The owner is trying to create a luxurious and elegant atmosphere and it is a beautiful building but somehow I think they need something more.
This hotel was an old building and because of that it has many limitations on space and facilities, such as no pool or backyard, tiny rooms. It was very thoughtful they have complimentary car ride to any restaurant / location in town if you have the need. However, that does not include a ride to the airport which is the more important service for guests. As mentioned, the [classic] room is really tiny but they do provide Frette bath robe in the room. The size of the room is not the main problem here, but it seems I could not open the curtain of my window in which case I could not enjoy sufficient natural light. The hair dryer did not work and the air con is really annoying because it makes noise every 5 minutes. This kind of hotel should not better and quieter air-con.[The hotel did provide ear plugs...] The air con really helps to downgrade this hotel.
The check-in time is 4 pm but the check-out time is 11 am, which is unreasonable. I don't know why they need so much time to prepare such a tiny room.

Although the staffs are trying very hard, still, I am a bit disappointed with this hotel. With 220 dollars, I think they should be better.
The breakfast is good.

Room Tip: Perhaps any room other than the classic room. Make sure the air-con is not making too much noise in...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank tyst
Thank you for choosing The Mansion and for your review. Thank you, also, for acknowledging the service of our staff - they are a dedicated group of service professionals who excel at creating the best experience for each guest. I'm sorry that you were unhappy with certain details of your stay. My apologies for the difficulties with your hair dryer and curtains - the Butler Team would have assisted you immediately if you had brought this to our attention. I'm sorry you were not happy with the size of your guestroom. Our Classic rooms are standard hotel sized rooms. For guests who require a bit more space we could suggest a Grand or Premium Grand guestroom. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the complimentary downtown Range Rover transportation - we provide transportation to countless restaurants, theaters,shops and businesses within the 3-mile transportation radius, but the airport is outside of that parameter. The Butlers will happily arrange for a taxi or town car service to the airport for our guests. I do not believe our hotel has 'limitations' due to its historic nature. I'm not quite sure what you meant by 'backyard', but the hotel has beautiful gardens and patios that our guests enjoy from spring through autumn. I hope you enjoyed your Buffalo visit - thank you again for sharing your comments.