“Unique, beautiful and always perfect!”

The Mansion on Delaware Avenue
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
Reviewed 13 July 2014

It is always a great experience at MODA. The butlers will accommodate your requests whenever possible, food is delicious, and it's simply a gorgeous building. My husband and I stayed there for our wedding night and at least 2 other occasions including an anniversary and a birthday. We go for their Summer Cocktails on Lawn series and enjoy live entertainment, amazing food and beverages and, of course, the wonderful ambiance. I look forward to my next stay there, and we only live about 20 min. away. This is by far the best hotel in Buffalo and anywhere near here!

Room Tip: Let the staff know what type of room you'd like when you make your reservation. If you'd lik...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 July 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful time at the mansion on Delaware. We found the staff tremendously genuine and interested in helping guide us through the city. We were ecstatic about the accommodations - the high quality linens, toiletries and entertainment options. This hotel is truly perfection but where it really shines is in the staff's desire to ensure you have the best experience possible. We look forward to our next stay at the mansion when we return to buffalo and am thankful for such a memorable experience!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristen L
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband and I just stayed at MODA this past weekend. We live in Buffalo but have wanted to stay there since I put my mother up there when we got married 5 years ago. It was so relaxing and wonderful to be pampered! Every room is immaculately kept, and we enjoyed cocktail hour and the pool table. The Land Rover took us to Canalside on Saturday, and the Honor Bar is a great idea for those of us who are night owls. We slept too late to make breakfast on Saturday but enjoyed it immensely on Sunday morning. (I am vegan and especially appreciated the fresh greens, fruit, and oatmeal options.) I felt so relaxed and refreshed when we drove the few miles home on Sunday. We will definitely be back for future stays.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karlen C
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Just spent a perfect week at the Mansion! This is my fourth stay and it is always my first choice when I visit Buffalo. The Mansion is elegant and charming. The staff is amazing! From the early morning coffee the "Butler" has ready, to the delicious breakfast, the comfort of the rooms, Happy Hour Wine, and then finish the night with homemade cookies waiting for you in your room after a busy day! I wish there was a Mansion like this in every city I visit! Highly recommend!!

2  Thank Valerie D
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I recently had the pleasure of staying with my sisters (one of whom was turning 60) at the Mansion. We wanted our trip to be special which is why we chose the Mansion. The Mansion is spectacular; our room spacious and gorgeous. We enjoyed sitting in the drawing room, having a glass of wine and meeting some incredible people. The butlers are gracious and a special mention of Marty and Kent who were personable, professional and just lovely to deal with. They went out of their way to make our stay relaxing, stress free and special for the birthday girl. They took care of the details. We just had to have fun. Visited the Knox Art Gallery and the Wright Martin house. Not to be missed. Fantastic. I will be back.

Room Tip: I believe every room is magnificent
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The building is spectacular. Just gorgeous architecture. The staff and the services are top notch. Friendly and gracious. Just the way I like to be treated. I loved the honor bar in the library. Our room was at the back of the house and I can only assume it is a newer part. It was without the charm of the rest of the building but adequately attractive and comfortable despite its lack of charm. If you go, make sure to ask for a room in the older part of the house.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the house if you are looking for charm in your room.
1  Thank Chele32789
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The Westin was sold out for a recent conference at the convention center, and I'm glad it was. This was a wonderful alternative, elegant and comfortable, and the courtesy car service, in a Range Rover, was a great time-saver for being there in a short time. Can't beat a free self-service cocktail hour with craft spirits and fine wine. Close to good restaurants -- one of them, Tempo, I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business