“Wonderful place to stay - worth the trip to Buffalo”

The Mansion on Delaware Avenue
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Buffalo
EDGEWATER
“Wonderful place to stay - worth the trip to Buffalo”
Reviewed 26 December 2009

We were guests at the hotel in mid December. And guests is the proper word. You are treated as a true guest, not a paying customer. The staff could not have been more polite, responsive or helpful. The premises are beautiful and take you back to a more refined, slower paced style of living. We had a small room, but it was very comfortable and the bathroom was huge - big two person jacuzzi tub. The complimentary continental breakfast is excellent, with lots of choices and good coffee. Highly recommended. We hope to return when it's warmer than 10 degrees outside so we can walk around and enjoy the galleries and shops in the area.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank gertie5516

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 November 2009

I often travel to Buffalo on business and every time, I keep coming back to the Mansion. It's Buffalo's hidden gem. Great rooms, great location, accomodating and helpful staff and last but not least, free drinks during happy hour at the Honor Bar. The only place to stay in Buffalo.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank macsima
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 14 November 2009

I used to stay at this lovely hotel when visiting clients in Buffalo. When the opportunity arose to return to Buffalo, I jumped at it because I knew that it would mean the opportunity to stay at the Mansion. I travel a lot for business and this hotel is truly one of my favorites. They've redone the parlors (that in other hotels would be called lobbies) with a modern sensibility but kept all the charm and grandeur of the original architecture.
From the moment that arrive, I feel myself relax because I know I will be so well cared for.

The staff is phenomenal -- and loyal. After a 2 year absence, many of them were still there. I was thrilled to find that Marty, the butler who first encouraged me to try a red zinfandel instead of my usual cabernet, was there to make me feel as if I were being welcomed back home after a long journey away.

After a long day of work, it is unbelievable to come back to a hotel where the butlers will suggest a wine during the complimentary happy hour, recommend a local restaurant and then drive you to dinner, and provide turn down service complete with a sweet treat waiting in your room for your return. Then all I have to do is take a luxurious bath in the jacuzzi tub and slip into decadently comfortable bed.

A project in Buffalo??? Sure! I'll take it.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank uspjohnson
kristinawhite10
Reviewed 12 November 2009

I have stayed at the Mansion on Delaware several times when travelling to Buffalo for work purposes. The hotel is small but the rooms are all very classy and modern and most have their own fireplace. The staff at The Mansion are very polite and more of personal concierges. They escort you to your room and carry your luggage for you. The rooms are lit with jazz music playing when you arrive and they all have amazing jacuzzi bathtubs. The only thing that I don't like about this hotel is that there don't seem to be very many nearby restaurants however, the staff have a list of menus for nearby restaurants and they will order food in for you. They do have a complimentary happy hour and breakfast spread each day and the selection of food/drinks is very good. I would definitely recommed The Mansion to anyone visiting Buffalo. It is a little pricier than the other hotels but the elegance and the staff make up for the cost. It is WELL worth it!

• Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed 3 November 2009

Superb service started at the door in this lovely historical property where we were treated to extraordinary hospitality and complimentary cocktails from 5-7pm. The house car and driver brought us to a restaurant/bar nearby for Buffalo's finest chicken wings and the World Series... we arrived back to chocolate-dipped strawberries with turn-down and a European-style continental breakfast is served in the bright drawing room... absolutely wonderful. We asked American Express for their finest hotel in Buffalo, and the Mansion did not disappoint.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Groningen
Reviewed 25 October 2009

Very friendly staff, who are extremely knowledgeable (they should be instated as ambassadors of the town of Buffalo) and helpful.
Beautiful estate, wonderfully layed out and refurbished rooms, modernised with respect and feel for the obviously rich history of the premises.
We arrived late, without a reservation and were treated as long expected and respected friends.
Nothing but the highest praise for the staff!
We have travelled quite a bit and were never quite spoiled and pampered like this (and that includes being driven to whatever eatery you fancy, be it Fat Bob's or somewhere slightly (!) more upmarket).
Arguably the best ever chocolate chip cookies on our pillow, free cocktails at the apropriate hour, heavenly beds, the best breakfast in the State (best breakfast in the StateS in fact, sharing a first place with the Carpe Diem guesthouse in Provincetown)
As Europeans (Dutch, so notoriously tight-fisted) travelling the state of New York, this is by far the best hotel we encountered in the state. Worth every cent of our euro!
We didn't want to leave. Alas, we had to.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GroningenMargaretha
Boston, MA
Reviewed 22 September 2009

After hearing so many raves about the Mansion, including many former brides who spent their wedding night at the Mansion, I decided it was a must stay for our wedding night. We got in late (as expected after an all night wedding reception) and were greeted indifferently and shown to our room. The room was nice, but nothing spectacular. The best part was the updated bathroom. Didn't get any special treatment even though I mentioned it was our wedding night. I think we would have seen more value for our money at another hotel downtown that I normally prefer, but I am glad we stayed to experience a night at the Mansion.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple