“Fabulous place, superb service. Imagine staying at a stately home for the weekend without the stuffiness”

The Mansion on Delaware Avenue
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Buffalo
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 June 2010

what a great night we spent at this hotel - the service is truly out of this world - they will transport you around if you need it. Lovely honor bar process and beautiful rooms. I will definitley stay there again.

Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank cateboston

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 10 May 2010

My other half and I finally had an opportunity to get away by ourselves(meaning "away from the children") for the first time in a very long time and our 1st choice was the Mansion. And we were not disappointed. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I am still not sure how they did it but I still felt relaxed a week after our stay. Our room (a fireplace premium grand) was fantastic. The bathroom was so large and the jacuzzi tub was amazing, as were the 3 showerheads. The bed was very comfortable and I slept extremely well, which is odd because normally I do not feel rested when I sleep somewhere other than my own. The staff was wonderful. As was the Land Rover service to and from dinner. It was nice to be able to both have a cocktail or two and not worry about driving. Loved the artwork and the location. I grew up and spent most of my life in the city of Buffalo and It is always nice to be back.
I have read on here that a few people have had bad experiences trying to book a room through discount hotel room sites and I would like to caution people about doing that. I do not believe you can reserve a room at the Mansion that way, you would be much better off contacting MODA directly. I realize it can be a little pricey but they do have some great deals through their website and their Facebook page. And it is well worth the money. I cannot wait to have another opportunity to go back!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank littlemama5980
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 10 April 2010

My recent stay at the Mansion on Delaware in Buffalo is a perfect example of how a modern Inn should be. The mansion was remodeled with every amenity that a modern high-end chain hotel has but has retained the ambiance and charm of a historic hotel. The room was large, clean and very comfortable. The bath was pure luxury with BOTH a jacuzzi tub and a multi-head shower. The desk was actually usable and had many power outlets! Breakfast was delicious and best of all-service could not have been better.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank rhill639
Northeast
Reviewed 21 January 2010

I have stayed at The Mansion on Delaware several times. Each time it is eaqually fabulous but this time was over the top. The first time I stayed my only complaint had been that my significant other was not with me to enjoy it. Two years later I had finally convinced him to join me for the last night of a three night stay. The first evening when I arrived I had brought with me some leftovers from home as I knew I would be too tired to go out and quite frankly it was too tasty to leave in the refridgerator at home. I requested that they microwave it for me. Unbeknownst to me Chef Jen was on the property. She not only heated it up, she plated it and added accoutraments on the side including my favorite veggies. It was pleasing to the eye as well as my palate. She wowed me. The turn down service they have in the evening while you're out is a sultry treat topped off with delicious homemade cookies to die for. The evening my friend was coming they not only picked him up at the train station, while we were out for dinner they turned down the room with extra treats and tealights for atmosphere because they knew I had waited two years for this and they wanted to make absolutely sure not a single detail was missed. And the room was extra nice in first place. They have valet parking and when they noticed I had many boxes in my car for my work, they parked my car where they could keep an extra special eye on it. I could go on and on and on. The beds, the bathrooms, the showers, the rooms, the parlours, but the Staff... THEY are the best. They have been obviously guided to provide the best service of any place that I have certainly ever stayed. Anyone ever going to Buffalo NY should check The Mansion on Delaware first.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank NortheastLuckyOne
EDGEWATER
Reviewed 26 December 2009

We were guests at the hotel in mid December. And guests is the proper word. You are treated as a true guest, not a paying customer. The staff could not have been more polite, responsive or helpful. The premises are beautiful and take you back to a more refined, slower paced style of living. We had a small room, but it was very comfortable and the bathroom was huge - big two person jacuzzi tub. The complimentary continental breakfast is excellent, with lots of choices and good coffee. Highly recommended. We hope to return when it's warmer than 10 degrees outside so we can walk around and enjoy the galleries and shops in the area.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank gertie5516
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 November 2009

I often travel to Buffalo on business and every time, I keep coming back to the Mansion. It's Buffalo's hidden gem. Great rooms, great location, accomodating and helpful staff and last but not least, free drinks during happy hour at the Honor Bar. The only place to stay in Buffalo.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank macsima
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 14 November 2009

I used to stay at this lovely hotel when visiting clients in Buffalo. When the opportunity arose to return to Buffalo, I jumped at it because I knew that it would mean the opportunity to stay at the Mansion. I travel a lot for business and this hotel is truly one of my favorites. They've redone the parlors (that in other hotels would be called lobbies) with a modern sensibility but kept all the charm and grandeur of the original architecture.
From the moment that arrive, I feel myself relax because I know I will be so well cared for.

The staff is phenomenal -- and loyal. After a 2 year absence, many of them were still there. I was thrilled to find that Marty, the butler who first encouraged me to try a red zinfandel instead of my usual cabernet, was there to make me feel as if I were being welcomed back home after a long journey away.

After a long day of work, it is unbelievable to come back to a hotel where the butlers will suggest a wine during the complimentary happy hour, recommend a local restaurant and then drive you to dinner, and provide turn down service complete with a sweet treat waiting in your room for your return. Then all I have to do is take a luxurious bath in the jacuzzi tub and slip into decadently comfortable bed.

A project in Buffalo??? Sure! I'll take it.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business