Lenox Hotel and Suites
Curtiss Hotel(Buffalo)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Pool
All reviewsroom was cleanthe famous anchor baran older hotelmy family and i stayed herewater pressuremicrowavefixturesneighborhood
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 September 2012

My boyfriend and I (we are from Germany) were on an adventure trip through he US - and what we experienced in Buffalo was really a special kind of `adventure`.
We tried to get a room in a different hotel without booking beforehand. That place was full but a nice neighbour offered to bring us to the Lenox, which he described as `bohemian`. The price of 123 $ a night made us believe it were a better middleclass-hotel, so we took the room.

The lady at the check in was unfriendly and unhelpful. When we arrived at our floor, it wasn`t easy at all to find the room, because the numbers seem to have no system at all and there are no helpful signs. Instead there were loose cables hangig from the wall and smelly, dirty carpets.

The room itself had an even worse carpet, it was so disgusting, we wouldn`t even walk on it without wearing shoes. The furniture was old, partly broken, the shower turned from icecold to steaming hot suddenly while I showered, the bathroom was dirty (including old water damage on the wall which was only pained over), the fridge full of ice (on the walls, not the nce kind) and the noise of who-knows-what kind of machine outside made it really hard to sleep.
When we looked at the hotel from outside the next morning, we saw that the whole building was poorly kept, there was an old bar which seemed to have closed an eternity ago, there was not one flower or anything nice. To make a long story short: the people that lead this hotel seem to have given up years ago, there's no love in it and even the most basic standards (like cleanliness!!) are not reached. For 123$ a night, this is a slap in your face. If you have a choice, go elsewhere!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank mojohanna
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I'm a bit puzzled by all the negative reviews here. This place isn't fancy or very modern, but it is what it is - a two-star hotel that provides basic accommodations. Our room was reasonably spacious, and was quite clean. Bed was comfortable, and they have good water pressure. The location is good, and they have free parking. I really couldn't find anything to complain about, nor anything to rave about. Would stay here again, especially given the fact that price was much better than anything else near downtown Buffalo.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank martinottawa
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Total dump. Tiny dirty room. Smells bad. Embarrasing for Buffalo

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank mosfet32
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I can't say it was horrible, its just old, built in 1898 and its shows. The room was clean and the beds were typicle hard hotel beds. The bathroom was old, basic black and white tile. Everything was clean, and its was just OK, with a few odd aspects. People live here year round, so you are sharing the hotel with residents which was different. They have old fashioned window a/c units which is loud, but i understand most Buffalo homes have window untis because it rarely gets hot in Buffalo. This hotel has a good location if you want to be in that part of the city, and its has off street parking.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mscri
Reviewed 3 July 2012

This was by far the worst hotel experience I have ever had in my life. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! The hotel was in incredibly ill repair and the other clientele were frightening. I was afraid I wouldn't make it out of there! The room was old, beat up, dirty, there was a huge spider web and spider clearly visible in the corner that obviously should have been cleaned. The walls were paper thin and it was extremely loud until about 2am both nights I was there - it was like being in a college dorm, noisewise. There was no hairdryer, no shampoo, no conditioner, no hangers, no iron, and no Do Not Disturb sign. I tried not to touch anything. Riding up in the elevator the second night another (male) guest saw my room key and said "I've stayed in that room before." I feared being attacked all night. Again, DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo