“Good variety on the menu and great service”
Review of Encore

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 12 May 2014

While staying in downtown Buffalo to see a show at Shea's Theater, we had a very pleasurable dinner at Encore. Dining there was recommended by relatives. We had reservations and it wasn't very busy when we arrived, but quickly was quite full afterward. Our server was very friendly, attentive and professional. The menu has a wide variety of appetizers and entrees and aside from main courses including beef, chicken and seafood, has a good selection of sushi too. The wine and beer list offer a good diverse selection.

We had lobster Rangoon and lemon pepper calamari for an appetizer. Both were done perfectly. Our main courses were asiago chicken and grilled mahi-mahi, which we thoroughly enjoyed. My wife couldn't eat all of hers, so our server was nice enough to package it and hold it in their refrigerator until after we returned from the theater show later in the evening. Nice touch!

Overall, our experience at Encore was one which definitely deserves a return visit!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Greeted warmly and seated promptly upon arrival. Quickly provided water then greeted by server who explained the menu and specials, took our drink order and let us decide on or meal. We were provided with a small basket of rolls along with garlic butter, olive oil/balsamic and a roasted red pepper paste. They were very good. Decided on the lobster rangoons for an appetizer. They were nicely presented and very good. Both of us then had the seafood medley bisque. It also was very good. I enjoyed my flat iron steak and my wife enjoyed her salmon and risotto. The waiter was properly attentive and did not rush us. He was even patient when we noticed two friends and had them join us for a drink, thus tying up the table a bit longer. We would eat here again and recommend it to others.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

My daughter and I have been trying to get to dinner here for a while and finally had the opportunity to do so recently. We were not disappointed. The bar area was open and they've got a great little aquarium. It was a quiet night, so the reservation we made wasn't needed, but imagine it would be on a theater night. The wait staff was very pleasant and knowledgable about the menu. We each had an appetizer, one drink, an entree each and shared dessert. Service was just the right pace, and food was excellent. The shrimp and grits appetizer and the lobster rangoons were probably enough for a meal for each of us, and were excellent. I ordered salmon which came with a sticky rice and asparagus. My only complaint was the asparagus was overcooked. My daughter's pork chop was perfectly cooked, and sweet potato fries just crispy enough. The bill was just over $100, a little pricey, but loved the atmosphere and food. Next time would try the sushi menu as it looked interesting. Will definitely return when i'm in Buffalo next.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Different menu in this theater district restaurant. Half American standard of steaks, fish and pasta and another half sushi. Nice selection of wines. Food was good as was the wait staff. Decor could definitely use improvement. Dark and dank walls reminded me more of a lodge like setting. Overall good but wouldn't jump at going back.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Music was great. Crowd was diverse. The staff...no thank you. We tried to get a number to a cab they didn't want to help. When we did get a number it was without the area code...asked front door man for area code he refused to give it and said he didn't know it. I would like to say he may have been mentally slow but even my 5 year old Neice knows what the area code is....Waited outside till a patron was leaving who helped by giving an area code as well as another number for a cab. First taste of buffalo not so great. I've worked the snotty bar scene from LA, Vegas and Scottsdale and we still don't throw out this kind of bad service. A place like this...really. It's kind of a joke. I will give them this, drinks are silly cheap so if on a budget and grumpy staff with overweight out of shape doormen don't bother you. Go for it.