“I wish I could give 6 stars- this place is phenomenal!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Buffalo
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Buffalo
Martinsville, Indiana
“I wish I could give 6 stars- this place is phenomenal!”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Wow!
I have stayed at many Embassy Suites (HHonors Diamond member) and, well, now over 1000 hotels throughout the United States. This place is phenomenal!

I had called a few days before arriving and asked for a late checkout, as I was presenting a Continuing Education Seminar and need to lie down during the lunch hour of the presentation day. "Requita" (and if that's not her name, I apologize to her- I'm a little hard of hearing) said: "No problem!" and entered the request into my reservation.

Upon arriving, I was greeted by the valet (well, actually the valet supervisor) with a smile, professionalism, and competency. All of these were appreciated after a long drive and a difficult day.

After entering the facility and heading to the front desk, I was met by "Sean" who was likewise friendly, professional (of demeanor, appearance, and competency) who effected my check in with expediency.

On arriving at the room (628) I was surprised- not by the normal accouterments one expects to find at an Embassy Suites- but by the presence of a rather large air purifier in the bedroom.

It get better, folks!

As I had arrived a little late, I did not know if I have missed the "Manager's Reception" so I called down to the front desk to see if the soiree was still occurring. Sean answered the phone, and said: "I'm sorry, it has ended. May I bring a drink up to you room for you?"

Incredible. This is the way travel is supposed to be!

I told him "No, thanks."

Later that night, after working with the valet staff (fast, punctual, professional) I returned to my room, only to find that the electronic key was no longer functioning. (Maybe the fact that I am a Luddite!)

All frequent travelers have experienced the situation: "Just which is my room? Is this the right floor? Do I have the right hotel? Am I in the right city?"

So I went to the foyer on the 6th floor and called the front desk, just to make sure that my room was indeed 628. Once again, Sean answered and affirmed that indeed my room was 628. I told him my key did not work, and as I was right at the elevator, would come down to get a replacement key. He said: "I'll bring one up to you." I protested, saying that this was not necessary, and he said: "This is what I do."

Not only did he bring the key up, he walked me to the room to make sure the key worked.

The housekeeping staff honored my "late checkout request" and I was not bothered at all.-something that sometimes happens more often than not.

WiFi was fast (and free for HHonors Diamond members- not sure about folks who do not have that level of reward status) and there is a "complimentary made-to-order breakfast" (also for Diamond members- not sure about other HHonors levels.) I did not partake, but rode the elevator with some folks who did, and they said that the breakfast was "busy" as many guests were there, but wonderful.

I did not eat at the restaurant, but several of the attendees at my seminar did. They all said the food was quite nice and reasonably priced ($15 will get you a burger, drink, and side.) Within walking distance- and this means within a block of the hotel- you will find many places to enjoy repast.

The air purifier did make a soft hum of air movement, but this was actually similar to the "white noise" generators that one finds often helpful to effect a good sleep. And the bed? As an old guy, a comfy bed is right at the top of "necessary" components of a good hotel stay. This was absolutely fantastic and comfortable.

The hotel is a little pricey, and the valet ($15 per day) was within normal expectations. But I have to tell you all, I'll be back, with the family, on my own dime, for a pleasure trip to Buffalo. This Embassy Suites Hotel, the staff, the location, absolutely worth every penny.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the elevator. Each floor has a foyer that is expansive. You will not be both...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Thomas S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I have never stayed in an Embassy Suites hotel, and for $150/night (as part of a wedding block) I did not have high expectations. I was really happy to be proven wrong. The suite, as others have noted, was huge. The bed was really comfortable. The hotel had a proper hairdryer, not one attached to the wall, and there was a mirror near an outlet in the bedroom so that you're not limited to getting ready in the bathroom. There were plenty of towels. The free breakfast was much better than it had to be. The staff was friendly and helpful. The sundries shop was well stocked (travel size wrinkle release spray!). I will totally stay in an Embassy Suites again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank EyesOnTheHorizon
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I stayed here for two nights for work and was a very happy camper. I had more space than I knew what to do with-- a living space with a fridge, microwave, sink, etc., and a desk area, and then a separate bedroom area (also with a TV and desk.) It was just me so I probably didn't need all the space, but it was a special treat to have an extra door shielding me as I slept from any possible hallway noise, AND I could work in a separate room from the bedroom when I wanted, so I didn't get the urge to nap!

Place was like new-- lots of outlets for charging and using my electronics-- and very comfortable. I slept like a baby!

Breakfast in the morning was nice, and I enjoyed the "manager's reception"-- snacks (goldfish, pretzels, hummus, crudite) plus a few drinks.

The meeting areas were also very well maintained and spacious. I would stay here again and recommend it to friends, family, and colleagues.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank CM410
NY
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The place was great. I can not believe what we got for the price we paid. The 2 bedroom suite was GIGANTIC. The suite was well appointed and well decorated. From the size of the living area to the kitchenette and the dining area it was like we were at home. The building itself was great, the views were beautiful, the location was right in the middle of everything. The breakfast had EVERYTHING you could possibly want and it was included in our rate. The staff was great, and convienience of the the valet parking anf the in & out privileges made the hotel parking rate well worth it

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 April 2012 via mobile

Popular place by the traffic in and out and the crowd in the nice lobby bar on Friday night. My room on the fifth floor above the front entrance was noisy. Heard voices outside all night. Temperature control was even and pleasant.

Clean property and nice lobby. Great and pleasant staff. I got a crib for the youngster upon request no charge. Rooms are spacious with sitting area and microwave and fridge. Televisions are too small for watching across the room.

Breakfast was just plain bad but complimentary the first day. Parking is valet only so be prepared. My rooms booked at $150 per night which was reasonable. Parking added $15 per day. There is a coffee bar in the lobby that serves Starbucks. We didn't get room service or try out the restaurant in the hotel (Della Terra) so I can give no opinion.

Enjoyable stay, but nothing exceptional.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank yuravgjoe
Rochester, NY
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I recently had the extradorinary pleasure of staying at the Embassy Suites in Buffalo, NY. I have stayed at other Embassy's and thought I had an idea of what I was going to expect. Working for hotel chains I understand the consistency of your cookie cutter properties and how they can take the a seasoned road warrior and make them feel at home with a certain level of expectations. However this hotel has a surprise around every corner. From the dramatic lobby entrance to the front desk, and even the housekeepers. This hotel ensured there was enough of every ingredient.

The front desk is professional and outgoing and avoids the typical scripted routines. Even the gentleman behind the front desk who happened to check in was extremely well trained even though he had just started with the property. I have trained in the scripted and these individuals have personality. They are willing to out of their way to ensure your comfort without being too invasive of your privacy.

With how well the hotel was designed, the only way I was aware that the hotel was somewhat full was the fact when I went to breakfast we had a tough time finding a table. It might've been the simple fact that the omlette chef knew how to care for his guests and ensure that everyone was able to enjoy his creations. Other than that, the hotel was extremely quiet and the staff made it seamless to ensure any request was met.

In this world of Cookie Cutter, we find ourselves indulging in the expected, with the Embassy Suites Downtown Buffalo, we throw out the cutter and indulge in the sweetest part.... the cookie.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor and splurge a little bit more to get the upgraded room type. It was well worth t...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
New York
Reviewed 5 April 2012

This is a great location - central to downtown Buffalo. Less the 20 minutes to Niagara Falls. The night life is pretty cool too and its a stones throw away so no car needed. Awesome gym and pool, so you have it all for a great price.

• Stayed April 2012