“Wonderful Hotel”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Buffalo
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
Reviewed 25 May 2012

We booked a block of rooms at this beautiful hotel for a reunion, of sorts, for our family. Folks were coming and going on different days and yet almost everyone was placed on the eighth floor and had lovely rooms and views. Sadly, i, who booked the whole thing, was placed on the third floor, far from everyone else...but better me than the others. Our rooms were clean and well appointed and beautifully suited to visits with family members. The breakfast gatherings were delightful because folks could come down and join the party as they were ready. The staff was always accommodating, patient with our children. If we had had to go together to an off site location just for breakfast it would have been a far less graceful week-end.Our ages ranged from 1 to 70 and everyone felt comfortable. The location was superb for walks around this beautifully spiffed up old city. Everything was terrific, except the noise from the nightclubs one night and maybe the lack of free on-street parking, It was a terrific place for a family reunion.I would like to add that we held a small catered reception working with hotel staff which was handled beautifully from the planners to the servers.It was a pleasure staying there and I would do it exactly the same way next time,

Room Tip: Ask to be higher up because the view of the waterfront is spectacular and maybe a bit quieter.All ro...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 May 2012 via mobile

The staff is wonderful, very postive bunch of people. My room was very huge and I must say really clean. Next time I am in Buffalo the Embassy suites will be my first choice.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Was heading to Buffalo for some family activities and had everybody staying at the Embassy Suites due to the suite rooms and the breakfast, decent hotel in a town that lack many good hotels. While the suites are good some issues that were disappointing: Hot water erratic, tough to keep warm, was either too hot or too cold, hard to get a warm setting; Was in an executive suite with jacuzzi tub and separate shower, first time I turned on the shower got sprayed with clod water, the location of the water controls was not convenient to set the water temperature before getting hit with cold spray, figured out to turn the head next time before turning on; some of the handles and pulls on the furniture was not screwed on; for the breakfast did not have good "healthy" options, no yogurt or granola which were more healthy but made to order omelets were good; why do that need to close at exactly 9:30 on weekdays? could stay open a little longer for those of us not on business and on leisure. Overall decent but not great.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Gorgeous hotel and great service. Very friendly staff. Location was less than desirable, but the hotel was worth it!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Kristi50226
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Held a 2-day business meeting on site and booked many rooms. Went off without a hitch. Guest rooms are phenomenol. Huge. Bigger than a NYC studio apartment. I heard absolutely nothing from the hallway. I was closer to the staircase than the elevator which probably helped. The room had a large living area with fridge, microwave, sink. Table with 4 chairs, flat screen tv, sofa, table. Big. Large bathroom. Bedroom has door and another flat screen tv, desk, chair, great beds. The meeting rooms were very nice. Catering and service were excellent. Would definitely recommend and will return. Neighborhood is nice. Spot Coffee is across the street. Salsarita's is down the street.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank jackiepaddy
Reviewed 1 May 2012

The only thing prevent me from giving it higher rating is the party at the 1F was very loud till 11pm. Kids having trouble getting to sleep. Otherwise everything is nice. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank KH146
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Wow!
I have stayed at many Embassy Suites (HHonors Diamond member) and, well, now over 1000 hotels throughout the United States. This place is phenomenal!

I had called a few days before arriving and asked for a late checkout, as I was presenting a Continuing Education Seminar and need to lie down during the lunch hour of the presentation day. "Requita" (and if that's not her name, I apologize to her- I'm a little hard of hearing) said: "No problem!" and entered the request into my reservation.

Upon arriving, I was greeted by the valet (well, actually the valet supervisor) with a smile, professionalism, and competency. All of these were appreciated after a long drive and a difficult day.

After entering the facility and heading to the front desk, I was met by "Sean" who was likewise friendly, professional (of demeanor, appearance, and competency) who effected my check in with expediency.

On arriving at the room (628) I was surprised- not by the normal accouterments one expects to find at an Embassy Suites- but by the presence of a rather large air purifier in the bedroom.

It get better, folks!

As I had arrived a little late, I did not know if I have missed the "Manager's Reception" so I called down to the front desk to see if the soiree was still occurring. Sean answered the phone, and said: "I'm sorry, it has ended. May I bring a drink up to you room for you?"

Incredible. This is the way travel is supposed to be!

I told him "No, thanks."

Later that night, after working with the valet staff (fast, punctual, professional) I returned to my room, only to find that the electronic key was no longer functioning. (Maybe the fact that I am a Luddite!)

All frequent travelers have experienced the situation: "Just which is my room? Is this the right floor? Do I have the right hotel? Am I in the right city?"

So I went to the foyer on the 6th floor and called the front desk, just to make sure that my room was indeed 628. Once again, Sean answered and affirmed that indeed my room was 628. I told him my key did not work, and as I was right at the elevator, would come down to get a replacement key. He said: "I'll bring one up to you." I protested, saying that this was not necessary, and he said: "This is what I do."

Not only did he bring the key up, he walked me to the room to make sure the key worked.

The housekeeping staff honored my "late checkout request" and I was not bothered at all.-something that sometimes happens more often than not.

WiFi was fast (and free for HHonors Diamond members- not sure about folks who do not have that level of reward status) and there is a "complimentary made-to-order breakfast" (also for Diamond members- not sure about other HHonors levels.) I did not partake, but rode the elevator with some folks who did, and they said that the breakfast was "busy" as many guests were there, but wonderful.

I did not eat at the restaurant, but several of the attendees at my seminar did. They all said the food was quite nice and reasonably priced ($15 will get you a burger, drink, and side.) Within walking distance- and this means within a block of the hotel- you will find many places to enjoy repast.

The air purifier did make a soft hum of air movement, but this was actually similar to the "white noise" generators that one finds often helpful to effect a good sleep. And the bed? As an old guy, a comfy bed is right at the top of "necessary" components of a good hotel stay. This was absolutely fantastic and comfortable.

The hotel is a little pricey, and the valet ($15 per day) was within normal expectations. But I have to tell you all, I'll be back, with the family, on my own dime, for a pleasure trip to Buffalo. This Embassy Suites Hotel, the staff, the location, absolutely worth every penny.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the elevator. Each floor has a foyer that is expansive. You will not be both...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business