“My new Buffalo hotel!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Buffalo
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
Reviewed 16 March 2013

My mom and I wanted to stay somewhere downtown on this trip so we chose this hotel. Originally we were booked at Adams Mark but after reading the reviews I decided to change it. Thank goodness we did! This hotel is amazing!!!! Great location - walking distance to many restaurants. Not far from Elmwood village.

Beautiful hotel - very cool decor, very clean and great atmosphere. Staff is excellent - friendly, helpful and really wanting to do whatever they can to make your stay great. The rooms are huge - standard room is two separate areas, living room and separate bedroom. It also has a mini fridge and microwave. It's great when you are with someone else who wants to sleep whereas you want to stay up to have the seperated bedroom. Beds were super comfortable ---- best hotel bed I have come across in awhile. The hotel includes a complimentary breakfast with fruit, eggs, bacon, and an omelette station which was delicious, as well as a managers reception each night.

There is an excellent gym and pool area, and excellent on-site resturant. The only issue I had was the drain in the shower wouldn't stay open, so I had to put something in there to hold it up. But really, that is the only issue I had the entire three days I was here!

I will definitely come back here on my next visit to Buffalo, and encourage you to try it out! Totally worth the price!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,355)

Reviewed 16 March 2013

We went to Buffalo to take in a Sabres game and were pleasantly surprised with the hotel and staff especially Barbara K! She was super helpful with dinner suggestions, directions, etc. The hotel is spacious and clean with fair sized rooms and very comfortable beds. The nightly managers reception serves complimentary drinks and snacks. The complimentary breakfast buffet was very tasty with lots of selection including made to order omelets. We would definately return, possibly in the summertime when the weather is nicer for walking.

1  Thank STurpin
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I have to travel for business trips in the Buffalo/Downtown area and I never thought an Embassy Suites would be so upscale. The rooms are large and pretty new, the bathrooms are clean, and the gym facility has great euipment. The free continental breakfast has everything I crave. I have stayed here 3 times in the past year and I look forward to my next stay in the summer :)

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Second stay at this hotel and had another great experience. Very comfortable and nicely appointed room, lovely pool and hot tub, fitness centre and free breakfast buffet. Easy to swing down to to Elmwood Village and nearby attractions. Attended the complimentary manager's reception @ 5:30 p.m. For a drink, nibblies and a warm welcome to the city. Special thanks to Barbara K. For sharing her knowledge of the area. Will return!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandy G
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I wasn't expecting the Embassy Suites Buffalo hotel to comprise of only eight floors in a business building. This didn't make for a great view - but the room itself, one bedroom suite, was large, clean and accommodating for our family. We chose this hotel to collect HHonors points, our vacation also included four nights across the river in Niagara Falls, ON, at the Hilton Hotel and Suites Niagara/Fallsview. We were in Buffalo one night, for a hockey game. Small pool, exercise facility was used by our eldest son who said it met his needs. Unfortunately, the room service meals left a lot to be desired (again, not something I was expecting for a $250/nite tx incl. stay) and our tray left outside our door remained there even as we checked out the following day. A strong point travelling with children though, this hotel offers a complimentary breakfast buffet in the downstairs café. I could see this being an ideal hotel for business travel as the room was comfortable and located just two blocks from the city centre.

Reviewed 13 March 2013

I would definitely stay at this hotel again. Very friedly staff and the food for the breakfast was delicious. Also loved the valet service. Security to the floors was a plus. Location to First Niagara Arena was just a free train ride away.

Room Tip: Corner suites are bright and sunny
Reviewed 8 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my husband and 2 year old daughter. We arrived and had an easy check-in and valet parking was great. Room and pool were clean and tidy. We stayed in a suite which had lots of room for the 3 of us. We went for dinner downstairs in the lobby and were turned away at the fancy dining room with our daughter. We then tried to go to the bar area where again we were ignored and had to ask for service ... Until we met Barbara K, an amazing lady who took care of us. In the managers reception we were served free drinks. Great place and atmosphere which made up for the lack of service in the other 2 areas. She made sure made we were well taken care of. Other than the "stuck up" bar area, this is a great hotel that I would highly recommend.

4  Thank Kel0686