“New, clean, large rooms, amazing amenities, wonderful hotel!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Buffalo
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
Reviewed 14 August 2013

This was one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed at and I am an event planner who travels a lot and stays at high end hotels for work. The hotel is new, clean and a great facility.

General facilities: The front desk area is just inside the door, easy to find and the front desk staff was super friendly and welcoming. There is an indoor lap pool, gym, and a spa but not an overpriced spa, a nice day to day spa where you can go for nails, hair, etc. The hallways are large and have cozy couches near the windows on each floor. I didn’t get to see their meeting room space but there seem to be plenty of it on the 2nd floor.

The Bar/Restaurant: The bar is very nice and big with plenty of seating. While I didn’t eat at the restaurant it is also large and looked very nice and I had a friend local in Buffalo tell me they do many business lunches there. Also, if you are a Hilton Honor’s member you earn extra points for money spent in the restaurant.

Evening reception: For Hilton Honor’s members you get to enjoy a private happy hour (in a room directly connected to the restaurant/bar area) that includes snacks (pretzels and mustard, carrots and ranch, chips and salsa, veggies and hummus) as well as draft beer, well drinks and wine for an hour each evening for free. I wasn’t interested in the well drinks so I sat at the bar with some friends and was able to go into the private room to grab some snacks and bring them back to the bar, so that was lovely.

Complementary breakfast: This is held in the private room also and can I just say I was blown away at how amazing the breakfast was and all for free! There is not only a huge buffet of food (eggs, bacon, sweet rolls, fruit, cereal and milk, french toast, potatoes and so much more that I am forgetting) but there is a chef onsite for cook to order omelets. You pick your ingredients (ham, bacon, spinach, onions, and so much more) he sautés them, adds the egg and cheese, seamlessly flips it to perfection and then hands it over to you. He would work on 3 to 4 at a time and they were SO delicious!

The Hotel Room: Being an Embassy Suites I believe all rooms have a living room area and separate sleeping area, however, this was one of the largest hotel rooms I’ve stayed in. The living room area was as large as a living room in a home, with pull out couch, desk space and TV. The sleeping area was also very large. I had a room with 2 queen beds and had a friend stay with me and I never once felt like we were on top of each other. The bathroom is also a very nice size.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,323)

Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stayed in a King Executive Whirlpool Suite. Overall, I was impressed with this hotel and our room. I must say however that the online pictures of this suite are very deceptive. Although the caption for the pictures reads that they are of the King executive suite, they are in fact of a corner unit, which costs more and is much larger than the non-corner units. Just be aware of this when you are looking at the pictures. That being said our room (although not a corner suite) was still large and had beautiful views! The bathroom was very clean and the whirlpool tub was fabulous!

The rest of our suite was nice, however our experience with housekeeping was not good. When we arrived the couch was not clean at all. Crumbs and food stains all over the cushions. The TV and dresser had a visible thick layer of dust as well. I didn't complain because the bathroom was very clean, which was what mattered most to me.

After spending our first night, we left bright and early to visit the falls. When we returned at 6:30 PM our room had not been cleaned. I called the front desk, as we needed towels etc. I was asked if we had left the "do not disturb" sign on our door. No, we didn't, but thanks for asking. He said he would send someone up with towels, etc. Almost immediately we received the towels. A short while later there was a knock at our door. It was the housekeeper with her cart saying she needed to clean our room. She said she still had 2 more rooms to do on our floor. This was at 6:45 in the evening! I told her that we didn't need it done. The front desk had already provided us with what we needed. It was very clear at this point that the front desk had no idea that housekeeping was still making it's rounds at this late time.

The following day, when we returned to our room about the same time, it had been cleaned, however the thick layer of dust still remained in the living room.

Our experience at the evening manager's reception was great!! I cannot say enough wonderful things about the bartender. He was so friendly and quick to fill drinks. The best experience we have ever had at any Embassy Suites.

Breakfast was good. Plenty of seating and the chefs at the omelet station were great at handling the crowd.

Overall, we were very pleased with this hotel. The only thing lacking is really the housekeeping services. Since our bathroom was always sparkling clean, I can't complain too much. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: King Executive Whirlpool Suite is very nice! Be aware that unless you pay for a corner unit it will...
Reviewed 14 August 2013

From the moment we checked-in, we had attitude from the front desk. Once in the room, we had to call housekeeping to vacuum the previous guests hair off the floor, bed covers and bathroom floor. Stains also on the bed covers. Lobby was always dirty and a mess. And the managers acted like they cared but never did anything to make the situations better.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Terence J, Assistant General Manager / HR Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Buffalo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Ms. Shawnta,

In behalf of the management and staff of our hotel, I would like to extend a sincere apology for the poor cleanliness and service you encountered while staying with us. Unfortunately, on many levels we failed you. You mentioned in your comments that management failed you as well. Who did you speak with and what was promised to you? I would appreciate more feedback from you because if you look at the majority of our tripadvisor reviews, we pride ourselves on exceeding guests expectations. And if we drop the ball, and make a fumble, it is my responsibility to take ownership, accept responsibility, and take corrective action to not repeat the same mistake again and score a touchdown for the entire team. We would like to score a touchdown and win back your trust and loyalty. So, please feel free and candid if need be in your response. Your patronage is so very important to the success of our hotel that I am poised to refund one night room and tax to you and in addtion send you a complimentary overnight certificate to come back and give us another chance to make a good impression. Please contact me via phone or email which is provided below. Until I await your response, I remain respectfully

Terence James, CHA
Buffalo, NY. 14202
Ph: (716)319-1106
Email: terence.james@hilton.com

Reviewed 13 August 2013

I had recently visited friends and family this past week. Since it opened several years ago I have been staying at the Embassy Suites Buffalo hotel due to it being the newest and conveniently located hotels located in downtown Buffalo. I am loyal to the Hilton brand of hotels being a Gold HHonors member and HGVC Owner. I arrived on a Thursday and stayed through Sunday. Upon arrival I noticed the hotel was starting to show its age as the carpet in the lobby beginning to show wear and looks like the cleaning staff missed vacuuming. As I take the elevator to my room I am noticing the hotel is consistent with a dirty elevator to the lobby on the 8th floor not being vacuumed or clean. My room was no better and for my three day stay it seems that the housekeeping staff is not doing a good job with cleaning the rooms or maintaining the public areas of the hotel including the fitness center. There were stains in the carpet in my room and the shower stall has black mold growing in the grout. The owners or management company of this hotel should do themselves a favor and fire its housekeeping staff and/or management who is responsible for the presence of this property. There are a number of well deserving and hard working people in the Buffalo area who can do a better job than the slugs working at this hotel. I have pictures of the carpet and shower stall I added to this post. It's is a shame that they ask a premium price to stay at this hotel where they should reconsider lower the cost by 25%-33% as this is what staying at this place is worth.

Room Tip: Upper floors as this is a busy area with bars below that are open until 4am.
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Upon checking into the Hotel the Management and staff were very friendly.
Once we entered our room that's when our trip turned sour, Our room had not been cleaned properly at all there were long strands of hair on the floors and bobby pins throughout the room the one bed which we never used was covered with hair and when we called down for the room to be serviced while we toured the city it had not been done at all. there were spider webs in the window area with dust old hair scrunchies under the night stand with dust and hair. Mind you we were unable to change rooms because the hotel was sold out very irritating for us to say the least

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Ms. A-talia C, I would like to express a sincere apology in behalf of my housekeeping team of the cleanilness issues you incurred while staying with us. I was informed that my Executive Housekeeper did visit with you before you departed and addressed your concerns. In addition, let me assure you that your issues has been dealt with on a coaching, counseling session with the employees involved. We pride ourselves on exceeding guest expectations; and when we don"t succeed, we take ownership and accountability by resolving the issue but most importatnly Making It Right with our guest. I have taken the liberty of refunding one night room and tax off your bill and am poised to send you a free overnight certificate as well to win back your trust and loyaklty in our hotel and Brand. Please let me know if this is agreeable by contacting me by phone or email which is listed below. I remain respectfully Terence James, CHA Assistant General Manager Human Resources Manager Embassy Suites Buffalo 200 Delaware Ave Buffalo, NY. 14202 Ph: (716)319-1106 Email: terence.james@hilton.com

Reviewed 12 August 2013

My friends and I have traveled 4 times a year for the last 3 years and we loved this hotel!!! The accomodations were clean, comfortable and convenient. The staff was awesome!!! Friendly, efficient and very helpfull. They recommended great restaurants, provided clear directions and were always curteous. And the valet staff worked like a well greased machine! This should be a model for other hotel managers!!! Thank you for making our getaway so great!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We stayed at this Embassy Suites for a girls weekend, and loved our suite! There was so much room for relaxing, preparing snacks and drinks, and getting ready. The beds were very comfortable, and the room was quiet for sleeping - definitely a gem in downtown Buffalo.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends