“Nice suites in Downtown Buffalo”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Buffalo
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
Reviewed 6 November 2013

The hotel staff was very accomodating and well-organized as they prepared for a SOLD OUT hotel due to sporting events and weddings. The room met our needs except we had to have two Queen beds since no King suites were available. The complimentary breakfast provided plenty of good food; however the complimentary evening reception was a joke with some fresh cut vegetables to crunch on and no HOT appetizers to accompany the wine being served.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We arrived in Buffalo on Friday, Nov 2nd around 4:30. Check in was super fast and our room was very spacious. We needed a hypo allergenic pillow that I forgot to ask for one at check in. Within minutes of calling one was brought up. Nadeem at the managers reception was as personable as ever and knows how to come up with delicious drinks and is the friendliest bar tender I have come across! After the bar we needed some more blankets and pillows at a very late hour!. Greg G brought them up very quickly! The staff is always greeting and available to assist with any needs. Breakfast in the morning is one of my favorite things. Made to order omelettes, pancakes, eggs, potatoes, cereals! This is my favorite place to go when I need a get away and there was no doubt where I was having my Bachelorette party! Less than a block away from great bars/pubs and 3 blocks from the free train to take riders up and down Main St! Indoor pool was fun and the hot tub was exactly what we needed after a long night! The 12pm checkout was just right!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Gorgeous hotel - brand new - enormous suites - very luxurious! Mandatory valet parking - Delicious made to order omelets for breakfast - wonderful pool and spa and great fitness room. It was really windy when we stayed there, and we were on the 5th floor - the wind mad a lot of strange noises in our room - venting system of some sort? Other breakfast foods not great.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I recently stayed at the Embassy this past June. I was a facilitator for a NACUFS Institute. The rooms were excellent and service was outstanding. I would recommend this property to anyone who is looking for a place to stay for the weekend or a week. It's wonderful. Location is perfect. The food is great. Everything was wonderful. I plan to stay again soon.

Room Tip: I had a beautiful room on the 8th floor. Highly recommend it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I've stayed at several Embassy Suites. This is one of the better ones. Everything was consistent and my overall experience was certainly better than I anticipated. The valet service was courteous and enthusiastic but quite sluggish. The hotel's location didn't provide a terribly pleasant view either but I wasn't there for that.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Just stayed here for 1 night recently in October. I usually stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites across the street but it was full. The hotels are very comparable. A few days before checking into the Embassy Suites I received an email advising that my check-in may be delayed due to a large group who had contracted for a late check-out. I thought the email was very courteous and I appreciated the prior warning. Based on that email, I showed up at 5pm (instead of the regular 3pm check-in time). The room was still not ready and I was directed to a cafeteria. It was a little inconvenient but again, I was forewarned so I was not too upset. In the cafeteria they had complimentary beer and wine. The wine was so bad I could not drink it so I went and sat in the bar/restaurant area which was empty. Almost immediately after sitting down in the bar area I was told by the bartender that we could not sit there as that was for paying customers. She didn't ask us if we wanted to order something, just that we could not sit there. We explained that our room was already about 3 hours late and we were just waiting and she didn't care. I really felt like a piece of garbage and in light of the fact my room was not ready almost 3 hours after the check in time and the fact the bar area was empty perhaps an exception should have been made by the bar staff to at least allow people to sit in a comfortable chair rather than a cafeteria. We complained about this to the front desk and the young lady who we believe was in some type of management position was very polite but there was really nothing she could do. Anyway, we eventually made it up to our room which was very spacious and we had no other complaints. Its unfortunate that the check-in process was a little bumpy but otherwise this is a decent hotel in downtown Buffalo.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

We stayed in the Embassy Suites to go to a Sabres Game. We arrived at the hotel and dropped our car with the valet. It was quick, easy and the attendants were very friendly. Check in was also very friendly and quick. The only room available to us on check in was an "allergy free" room which is basically a room that has been specially cleaned and seems to have an air purifier. The room itself was very large and clean. The bedding was excellent and clean and there were lots of pillows. I have no complaints about the room whatsoever.
We had a drink in the bar and met some nice people. It had a nice, friendly ambiance.

The next morning we enjoyed the breakfast buffet which was really plentiful. It had your basics of eggs, waffles, oatmeal, cold cereals, breads and fruits but it also had an omelet station. The breakfast room was packed but we were able to take out meal out into the bar area, The only thing that would have been nice would be to extend breakfast to 11AM on a Sunday.

The hotel is in a great location. Right outside is a street with lots of bars and restaurants. There is also an LRT station right by the hotel. It is free to take on Game days and takes you right to the hockey rink. If you get a chance, take a walk in the streets surrounding the hotel. There is lots of beautiful architecture to see.

Over all we were very happy with our stay and would return. Staff is very friendly and even though the hotel was very busy, we were never made to wait.

1  Thank OnTheRoadAgain328