“Great Stay Don't Like Valet”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Buffalo
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Buffalo
West Newbury, Massachusetts
“Great Stay Don't Like Valet”
Reviewed 16 February 2011

Excellent all around stay - nice hotel, great hotel, great location, great amenties. One problem: Valet.
Valet Parking was required. Generally, the service by the valets was very good and responsive. Unfortunately, on my check out day I had to wait 1/2 hour to get my car. I was also told that one of the cars brought up was mine, so I headed out into the very windy cold (below zero) to get the car but it wasn't mine (hard to tell with rentals), so I had to head back in and wait another 10 minutes. I was 10 minutes late for my business appointment despite giving myself plenty of time that morning. Frustrating.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Upstate NY
Reviewed 14 February 2011

I recently stayed at the Embassy Suites for 3 weeks for business in Buffalo. I was always greeted with a welcoming smile,,either when checking in or coming downstairs for breakfast. The staff is just very friendly and accommadating.
The valet parking is very nice and the guys working the booth are always very friendly. The nice thing is I think the garage is heated. When my car is brought up in the morning it was always warm, and in Buffalo that is very important. With the wind I believe the average temperature was -20.
The complimentary breakfast in the morning is very nice. With an omelet station, hot buffet, cold cereal and oatmeal. The staff was very friendly every morning making the start of the day enjoyable (especially the omelet guy)!
The front desk staff was always going out of their way to make the stay enjoyable. I was pleasantly surprised with a birthday gift to my room from Tracy. I had mentioned at check in that I was spending my birthday away from home. That night I walked into my room and there was a bucket with champagne, two desserts and a lovely birthday card...It made my entire night..so above and beyond.
There is also a managers reception every night with complimentary cocktails and appetizers. I thought this would include beer and wine, but it also included well drinks which was a very nice touch. Michael C and Ashley were great working there.
So Buffalo is very very cold and once you get back to the hotel you do not want to travel back outside for dinner. The choices are a sit down restaurant or bar area. Most nights me and my colleagues ate at the bar. Both menus (bar and restaurant) were available and the choices were of a wide variety..Anywhere from an $8 sandwich to $34 filet mignon. I did not have a bad meal while at the hotel.
I had one problem the entire stay. I came back to my room after a long work day and noticed my duvet cover had been changed..to a dirty one! I immediatley called down to the front desk and a member of housekeeping can right up to change it. He mentioned it to the manager the next morning and I was given a gift certificate to the restaurant for my trouble. Again above and beyond. Other than that one problem my suite was very nice and welcoming.
I have stayed at a few hotels in Buffalo , but the Embassy Suites will always be my #1 choice. The only problem is I think it is alot of travellers choice as well, as it books up pretty quick.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Wisconsin
Reviewed 29 January 2011

Originally put me in a room right next to the pool but was quickly moved upon request. Not sure when this place was built, but it appeared to be brand new. Very clean, very nice, would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Albany, New York
Reviewed 10 January 2011

Myself and 3 friends stayed here. Overall the room was very spacious and very clean and the breakfast was nice the next morning.

Upon check-in we requested a roll away so that we could have a 4th bed. We quickly dropped our bags off then left for the evening. By the time we got back around 1 am, there was no roll away. I tried to call the front desk...No one picked up after 2 minutes of ringing. When I went downstairs, there were 4 staff members standing around the front desk. I then relayed the story and they said a roll away would be sent right up. We did not get it until 2:15 and 2 calls later.

Overall the room was great though, and the location was nice. Very close to much nightlife, and about a 10 minute walk from Allentown which has a great grouping of bars and restaurants. Keep in mind at this hotel there is a $10 per night parking fee.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
Washington DC
Reviewed 31 December 2010

We stayed one night during the World Juniors Hockey Tournament. We decided to stay based on the other recommendations on this site and have to say, they were bang on. The room was large and clean, with modern touches, and comfortable beds. The complimentary breakfast was much more than expected -- with made-to-order omelette bar included. Will stay here again when traveling through Buffalo.

Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank EricOMck
Paris, France
Reviewed 24 November 2010

Really liked the Embassy Suites. The rooms were spacious, nicely decorated & comfortable. Breakfast was great, staff were very helpful the whole time. We got a great deal on the room, thanks to a group booking. Special mention for a great hair salon !

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank La_Petite_Irlandaise
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 26 October 2010

The staff at this hotel is perhaps the most friendly, professional group of people I have ever had the experience of meeting, with one exception - the bar and restaurant manager who was lazy and unprofessional at best and downright creepy at worst. The only thing I ever saw him do was eat at the bar several times each day. As for the rest of the staff, including the hotel manager, they made my stay an extremely pleasant one. My room was clean, quiet, had an extremely comfortable bed and had a lovely view of Delaware Avenue. I could literally float in the oversized whirlpool tub, there were plenty of towels, wifi worked great and room service was exceptional. Planning to return in April.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo