“The Bar is now set high”
Review of Parkside House

Parkside House
Ranked #2 of 5 Buffalo B&B and Inns
Bradenton, Florida, United States
“The Bar is now set high”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Spent two nights, and now my wife is ruined... she said no more motels. The 3 room choices are excellent. The owner is wonderful. The house dogs are wonderful, The breakfast is wonderful. The front porch is wonderful. The location to many things worth seeing is wonderful.

Room Tip: If you like a bath in a claw foot tub or shower in a huge shower with extra jets, then go with the J...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Skip T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Terrific place with great breakfast, clean rooms and very comfortable. Will come back soon! This is our second trip the the Parkside house and would like to come back only in the summer though winters are way too cold in Buffalo. Will stay in the south during the winter.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very nice. Would be happy to stay in any of them.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Nice, quiet, clean, everything you would want in a stay away from home. Located in a beautiful neighborhood and accessible to all parts of Buffalo (including my daughter, whom we were there to visit). Chris was very friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay there again and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Newtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Once/year my wife and I visit relatives in Buffalo. Long ago, our niece recommended Parkside House and its host, Chris Lavey. We found Chris’s accommodations and hospitality warm, friendly, and efficient. This last August, we decided to drive to Buffalo. While convenient, it was eight long hours on the road. By the time we arrived in Buffalo, we were tired, stiff, and needing a good night’s sleep. How happy we were to arrive at Parkside House. Chris’s breakfast next morning made the long drive seem worthwhile, reinforcing our decision never to stay anywhere else in Buffalo. John Silver, Newtown, PA

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Duxbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We stayed at this lovely B&B while visiting the Buffalo area. Our room was bright and cheery. The breakfasts were delicious. Chris did a great job catering to my husband's dislike of eggs while I enjoyed every last bite! I would definitely recommend the Parkside House.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ccpines
Lakewood, Ohio
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We stayed two nights in this very charming, comfortable and very clean B&B. We traveled to Buffalo for the annual Garden Walk and were looking for a place that was easily accessible to restaurants and shops along with the neighborhoods to see the gardens. We were very pleased with all aspects - especially the delicious breakfasts that Chris prepares. We definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karen O
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I go to Buffalo for several days every summer and generally stay with a friend, but after noticing the website for Parkside House, decided to spend a night there. It was fun to be back in my old neighborhood, although it looks a lot better than it did 40 years ago. I spent a couple of hours just walking up and down the streets the day I arrived, looking at the historic homes and getting a good look at the Frank Lloyd Wright complex. Although I was a little sad to miss meeting the owner, Chris, who was away, I was well taken care of by his assistant, Bonnie. She showed me to my chosen room, the Woodward, facing the street with lots of big windows and wonderful light. The huge bed was comfy and luxurious, and the nice-sized seating area a big plus. Coming back to the house after dinner, I decided to sit on the cozy front porch, reflecting on my day and relaxing into the quiet. Next morning, it was just me at breakfast, and Bonnie served the most delicious blueberry pancakes I've ever had, along with fantastic bacon. I don't remember ever doing this, but I actually inquired after the recipe, and Bonnie was perfectly happy to tell me her secret. Besides sitting in a lovely neighborhood, the Parkside House is just down the street from the Darwin-Martin Complex and around the corner from the fabulous Buffalo Zoo. It's an easy drive over to Hertel Avenue, a happening part of town with fun restaurants and shops, or through Delaware Park into Elmwood Village and downtown. I'd recommend this gorgeous B&B to anyone staying in Buffalo and wanting to get a taste of its many charms. I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: All rooms are nice, but I loved the Woodward.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo