“Top Notch”

Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Just stayed here for one night with my husband and 2 teenagers. We were very impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel and the impeccable customer service. From the moment we checked in, we noticed the hospitality of the staff. Check in was prompt and even when the lobby got busier when we walked by an hour later, the staff still had things under control and with smiles on their faces.
The room was sparkling clean and we felt right at home. The decor is modern and we all love the famous "Hampton Bed". I love that all the linens are cleaned for each guest- even the duvet cover! Not many hotels do that, if any. We all know how filthy those things get. As a mom, there is no better peace of mind than knowing your family is sleeping in a clean environment. I have been to hotels where I wouldn't let the kids walk on the carpet barefoot, let alone sit on the comforter, for fear of what germs/ stains may be lurking. Enough said.
The breakfast was perfect for a family; something for everyone. The fact that it is included as part of your stay makes it so worthwhile. One less expensive meal when on a budget.
Overall, please consider staying here. It has been recently renovated and is reasonably priced.
We look forward to another stay soon.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank nickel99
HISManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Thank you so much for your comments on your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you recognized the service and cleanliness that we try very hard at to achieve. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet. I can appreciate not having any additional expenses. Every little bit helps. Thank you again for staying with us. I realize there are many great choices here in Buffalo and I am glad you choose ours.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

Easy review: Stay Here! This is a Clean, Comfortable, Stylish, Updated hotel with an excellent breakfast buffet (included). The service was pleasantly, friendly, and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel. It is about 1.5 miles from the First Niagara Center. Also, the restaurant (on the first floor of the hotel), Papaya, was fantastic. We had superb seafood dishes and soups there.

3  Thank KathleenBW
HISManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

Thank you very much for your positive comments on the quality of our hotel. We take great pride in what we do and your comments reflect that. I am glad to here that you enjoyed Papaya’s as well. Thank you for your recommendation. I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

I had some in-laws coming into town and i suggested they stay here. Well i ended up spending more time at this hotel than they did, even though i like just 15 minutes away. The pool was very nice, the rooms were spacious and clean and the staff was extremely friendly.Wait, did i mention i live in Buffalo......great hotel!!!!! It was a tad bit pricey, and thats one down side, but it's not that big of a deal.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sam R
HISManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Thank you so much for the kind comments! We strive to give our guests our best every day, and we're glad we were able to do so with your in-laws! We hope that you'll choose us on your next "stay-cation" as well!

Reviewed 17 March 2012

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in downtown Buffalo for a recent business trip, and I will definitely stay here again. The lobby is above average by Hampton Inn standards, the overall decor and cleanliness was excellent. Although I never use hotel swimming pools, this one was right off the lobby with a lot of natural light, and had several tables, chairs and umbrellas--someone was even out there working on a laptop! And the bathroom right off of the lobby and pool has a shower, supposedly for a quick rinse post swim. My room was very nice and well appointed. There are two restaurants connected to the hotel (not including a Subway). I went to the Chocolate Bar for lunch (perfectly fine, nothing special) and to Papayas for dinner (I guess I'd call it Thai fusion??)...an enjoyable meal. I think what stood out was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. The hotel will come and pick up up for free at the airport (you have to call when you land), and the driver refused to take a tip. In addition, one front desk person offered me a 10% discount at Papayas, and when I went to buy some cookies as a snack before bed and there was no skim milk left in the Sweet Shop, she went to the kitchen and got me a glass--it's the little touches that really make a difference when travelling. This Hampton gets a gold star!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank reyorrenee
HISManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

Making the statement that we are Top notch and above other Hamptons is a true compliment. I am very glad to here that our staff stood out to you. We hope that when you are in the area again, you come back and see us.

Reviewed 14 March 2012

I had a two week work project in Buffalo. Having never been before I got a room at the DoubleTree Hotel the first week. It turned out it was too remote. A co-worker tried to strong arm me into staying at the Hyatt where he was staying, but I resisted as I wanted my Hilton Honors points. The Embassy Suites was fully booked, but next door was a Hampton Inn. My first week in Buffalo I visited the Hampton Inn and was pleasantly surprised by its lobby with fresh cookies and a indoor swimming pool close to the front desk. I booked a room while standing there for the next week. The young man helping me was extremely nice. He even printed my tax exempt forms for my stay with them and the DoubleTree I ws staying in that week.

The next week I checked in and my room was very nice. I got a handicap accessible room, it was what was available on the government rate, but it was very nice. I had a great king bed, a large bathroom with tub, a comfortable desk as well as two other sitting chairs. The next morning I used the gym which was well appointed and comfortable then enjoyed the serve yourself breakfast. The breakfast had hot items, several cereals including oatmeal, bagels and other pastries, fresh fruit (whole and precut), yogurt, a do-it-yourself waffle maker, as well as juice, milk, iced water and coffee.

I was very comfortable for my three night stay I plan to stay there everytime I go to Buffalo which will probably be twice a year for a week or two each time.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Lavendertigerlily

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We truly appreciate you noticing the amenities and service that we have to offer. I am excited that we exceeded your expectations and that you will be back. See you soon.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

We stayed here while seeing a concert at the First Niagara Arena. Great location! We walked to and from concert. The rooms are very clean and stylish.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
HISManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Your comments are truly valued. We hope to see you down here again, for perhaps another concert.

Reviewed 10 March 2012

We stayed here after attending a concert at the First Niagara arena. The location is convenient to the metro rail, and then it's ny a 5-10 minute ride.
The hotel room was super nice, It had a "high end designer look". It even had a padded laptop tray next to the bed.
The fitness facility was the best I've seen at a Hampton Inn, and had everything that I use at my gym.
The breakfast room is on the second floor, and had numerous tables nd chairs, gorgeous design, free newspapers, excellent food choices, I cannot say enough. Just beautiful!!!!
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to stay in Buffalo.
It also had a beautiful pool area with hot tub.
You can directly access a martini bar, and a Mexican restaurant without going outside.
Loved this place so much that I am going to write to Hampton Inn corporate office to tell them how nice I thought it was.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room, inside or outside, they are big! They have outside corner rooms with a view...