“Great Place to Stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We recently stayed 3 nights in this Buffalo hotel, we had not been to Buffalo before. It was a very good choice. This is a nice area of the city.,There are several restaurants attached to the hotel , and others within walking distance. There is also a free expanded continental breakfast included. Everything is very clean and very secure. The pool and whirlpool are very attractive and clean. Parking is free. There was a slight mix up ( we were told a ref and micro were included with all rooms - not true - one must ask) upon arrival that was fixed right away . If we go to Buffalo again, this will be our first choice. Thanks to trip advisor for helping us find this hotel.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank gypsy1995
HISManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Thank you for writing about your experience in Buffalo. I am proud to here that it was a good choice for you. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the expanded breakfast, and I apologize about the mix up on your refrigerator and microwave request, but glad we were able to take care of it for you. We hope to see you too on your next trip to Buffalo. Thank you again.

Reviewed 23 May 2012

Big and clean room, friendly staff, good location. Definitely will go again when in Buffalo. Business trip, stayed for three nights. Self-served breakfast was ok, especially when in a hurry.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We value your feedback and I am glad you enjoyed your trip. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Buffalo.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

lots of pluses, location, clean, free wifi, and a really wonderful breakfast bar with lots of choices. The only thing that didn't make it perfect was the number of towels and quality, Was at a LaQuinta the night before with 2 of every towel for each of us (2 of us) High quality thick towels. Hampton Inn's towels were just OK, and only 1 washcloth and handtowel for each of us. In the summer we take showers more often, expect lots of towels already in the room. The door to the closet is in a weird location and kept banging into the bathroom door whenever it was opened.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the breakfast and noticed the cleanliness of our location. Thank you for letting us know about the lack of quality in our towels. You should have had more in your room and I apologize we missed that. I want to thank you four you choosing us as you have many options here in Buffalo. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 May 2012

On previous trips to Buffalo, we had stayed at the Hyatt, which is very close to the Hampton Inn. We were very pleased with the Hampton Inn! Parking was on site at no extra charge.
We were within walking distance of the Buffalo Convention Centre (attending a convention there). We paid ahead of time, when we booked online, and received a discounted rate.

The hotel is quite new and decorated in a modern way. Our room was very big with a huge bathroom. There was not much of a view from our room, but that doesn't bother us. There were plenty of clean towels and the room was made up early in the day while we were out.

At the check in counter on Friday there was a platter of warm home-baked cookies to greet tired travellers! Yum! Check in and check out was a breeze, there was enough staff at the desk to prevent any line ups. The hotel is secure - our key was used for the room, the elevator, the pool and the public washroom in the lobby. I was concerned about how safe the area would be walking back to the hotel at night, but it is in a club district so there were a lot of people, security for the clubs and police so I felt quite secure walking home.

Our room faced away from the club area so we didn't hear any noise.

The hotel has doors directly from the lobby into a Subway sandwich shop, The Chocolate Bar (great place for a late dinner, dessert or drinks) and 2 other restaurants. There was a breakfast on the second floor included which had waffles, eggs, bacon, bagels, cereal, etc.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for making the trip down to Buffalo for your convention. I am glad that you took advantage of our “advance purchase” discount, it is important to save as much as you can these days. It appears that you enjoyed many of the amenities that we offer and I thank you for pointing them out. Safety is very important to us and I am glad that you noticed our efforts. The Chocolate Bar is a wonderful addition to our hotel and it is great that you enjoyed there place. We hope to see you on your travels down to Buffalo again. We thank you for your business.

Reviewed 16 May 2012

The rooms in this hotel are lovely, spacious and very clean. The staff was friendly and professional. One of the employees was especially kind, but unfortunately I don't remember his name! My daughter and I were having some minor luggage issues and he stepped up and helped us. It's that type of service that will keep us coming back!

Reviewed 13 May 2012

I stayed here with my siblings to attend my sisters graduation from Buffalo State College. We stayed in a suite. It was suprising spacious, very clean and had a full kitchen (full size fridge/microwave ) and equipped with a 2 burner smooth surface stove. The decor was tasteful and contemporary and there was queen size pullout. The bathroom was spacious. The staff were friendly and helpful. They offer a great selection at the complimentary breakfast from 6-10. The eating area was also inviting and decorated nicely. My mother took advantage of the fitness center and the indoor pool and hot tub. There were several places to eat within a block of the hotel. We ate lunch at Soho which specialized in gourmet burgers. The sweet potato fries were fantastic as well as the shrimp burger, and ahi tuna tacos. I would definitely recommend a stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Congratulations to your sister on her graduation! I am very pleased that you enjoyed many aspects of our hotel. It is always great to see such wonderful comments. We truly appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We understand you have many choices and we value your business.

Reviewed 11 May 2012

I love this place. I spend 70 plus nights a year in hotels and it takes a lot to impress me. This hotel did. Very friendly desk & housekeeping staff. Free parking and breakfast. Very secure. Common areas very nice, and there are attached restaurants. Nice neighborhood for walking around - shops & restaurants. Room was well equipped, including a very large HD flat screen. Indoor pool looked well kept - I didn't have the chance for a swim. Newspapers waiting at the door in the morning was a nice touch. I drove this trip, but they do have airport shuttle service. And they have a dining room called the Chocolate Bar - 'nuf said!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
HISManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2012

As a well seasoned traveler such as yourself, your compliments of our Hotel mean a great deal. Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable opinion for others to see. We take pride in providing the best service possible and your review reinforces that. I understand that you have many choices when traveling and we appreciate that you choose us. We thank you for your business and hope to see you again.