“Extremely good hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
Reviewed 29 July 2012

The hotel has an excellent location for visiting Buffalo and Niagara Falls
Our room was spacious and very clean with a beautiful whirlpool bath
Only drawback was no fridge in the room
The pool area was pleasant and quiet- we were often the only ones there
Front desk was friendly and check in and out smooth
Would certainly stay again-and proximity to chocolate bar was a plus

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
HISManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel. Thank you for your feedback on our service and amenities. I apologize about not having a fridge in the room for you; we do have them on request and in our suites. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Buffalo.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,264)

Reviewed 28 July 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by this property. Front desk staff were prompt and helpful, eager to help with dinner reservations and any other information we needed. We were travelling with our 14 month old and the suite was spacious, well appointed and clean. The only drawback with the heavy bass from the club-goers driving along Chippewa at 2:30 a.m. - not unexpected and not something the hotel can really control. Breakfast was serviceable and convenient, we felt quite wasteful using disposable plates, cups and cutlery and would give them another 1/2 star rating if it were otherwise. The pool was quite nice and the free parking convenient.
Overall, we were very pleased with our experience and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid a Chippewa facing room if noise is a concern for you.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jacu1971

I am glad to hear that you had a very good experience at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to review us on your experience. I apologize about the noise and our location; at times it can be a bit noisy. I did want to let you know that out cutlery, cups and cutlery are made from 80% recycled product and are biodegradable. I hope you visit us again. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 27 July 2012

I stayed there for one night only and regretted for not booking earlier because the only reason that I did not stay long was because the hotel was full.

This is such an amazing experience! Melissa, who seems to be responsible for our room, is so friendly and helpful and really helped to ease my traveling nerves a lot! Great free ride from the airport, AMAZING room - spacious, great decor, comfortable seat and bed (which, given, it is part of the Hilton group and Hilton always keep its standard high in these regards), free flow of warm beverages with a variety of choices, wonderful location and cozy atmosphere! Totally what I have expected as I thought this was a Hilton in the lower tier, but I was totally caught by surprise, a very very pleasant one of course!

Room Tip: Ask for high floor, it's wonderful!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

I want to take this moment to thank you for your review. We are very lucky to have Melissa on our team and I am glad to hear about your great experience. We truly appreciate your business and we hope to see you on your travels back to Buffalo.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

Now such a popular hotel that there are never upgrades offered, even if you are a Hilton Diamond. Rooms can be cleaner. Scraps of paper and bottle caps left on floor are still there next day when you return to room. Always fully booked and they seem to have developed an attitude that if you don't like it, they don't care. Front desk staff is neither friendly nor helpful. Will let you stand at desk for a period of time while they "finish" doing whatever they are doing on the computer. Breakfast is limited, out of the microwave and as far as healthy choices, is very limited.
On the positive side, there is free parking, the gym has state of the art equipment and lots of it and the pool is nice. Location is convenient if you have business in downtown Buffalo.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am truly sorry about the lack of service and “don’t care” attitude you received from our staff. That type of attitude is truly unacceptable and I will address your concern. We pride ourselves on our service and this is something that we do not want to happen ever again. The lack of cleanliness in your room is not our standard and will be fixed. I encourage you to let me know personally what items you would like to see on our breakfast menu and I will make the appropriate recommendations to Hampton. Thank you for your business, I hope you give us another chance on your return trip back to Buffalo.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

I was totally impressed with my stay at the Hampton Inn. We held a block of rooms because of my daughter's wedding. Mary Cohen helped me with the booking and also was there for me whenever I had a question or needed info. All the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Our king size suite had a full kitchen and a large living area. Comfy beds! All our guest were just as pleased.

Room Tip: Some suites have outdoor balconys
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
HISManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

Congratulations to you and your family on the marriage of your daughter! I am so glad to hear that Mary was there for you every step of the way. We appreciate you noticing the friendliness and helpfulness of our team and I am delighted that we were able to take care of all your needs. I truly appreciate your business.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

The reviews for this hotel were spot on. This hotel is new, clean, perfectly located and just all around great. It's probably the nicest Hampton Inn at which I've ever stayed, if not one of the nicest in the United States. The hallways and rooms are very clean. Beds are comfortable. Staff is nice.

Two of the best things about the hotel are the breakfast and the gym. I normally *hate* hotel breakfasts like this. They are usually filled with processed garbage that is completely fattening and unhealthy, not to mention the breakfast spaces usually feel dirty and greasy. I was pleasantly surprised to find healthy options here! I was thrilled. There was Kashi, Kashi Go Lean, oatmeal and several other items that work very well for people who don't want to gain 200 pounds on vacation. The gym is worth mentioning too. It's bright and more importantly, has brand new cardio machines that actually work. The treadmills are on par with what's at my gym. I also really liked how the workout room had a wall of windows instead of being in a dark, dingy basement. I went both days of my stay (had to work off that damn beef on weck/Buffalo wings!), and was able to easily find a machine both days. Honestly, the gym at this hotel is far nicer than the luxury hotel at which I stayed a few days later.

This hotel is not cheap, especially considering Buffalo is a tiny city in the middle of nowhere. It is, however, well worth every penny they charge. I would definitely stay here again and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to friends and family.

*If you're noise sensitive, ask for a room without connecting doors. The noise from other rooms carries easily and loudly through those adjoining doors.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
HISManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2012

I would like to take this opportunity to say “Thank You”. Our staff takes great pride in what we do each day. Your mention of the “nicest in the US” is very flattering and appreciated. I have to say we do have one of the best Gym’s around. We also try very hard to make sure we have plenty of options for breakfast each and every day and your compliments stand for that. I am very sorry about the noise between the doors and I will look for a solution to that noise. I hope if your travels bring you back to the area you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

I stayed at this hotel when in Buffal for business. It is in a good location downtown, which makes it easy to walk to area businesses if needed. This is a really nice hotel, which provides free WiFi and breakfast. I would stay here again when I return to Buffalo.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SouthFLTraveler

As a seasoned traveler, you know how important it is to find a nice place. I want to thank you for putting us in that category. We value your business and thank you for sharing your comments with others. We will see you again soon on your travels back to Buffalo.