“One of the best hotel experiences”

Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We traveled to Buffalo with two other families ( 5 adults, 5 teenage boys) to catch a Bison's game. To be honest I booked this hotel because it was the only one on the weekend we went that could accomodate us. There was another one, but it was $100 more a night. This property excels at customer service! When I called to make the reservation the women I dealt with was so friendly and helpful ( I wish I would have got her name) , Ryan a the front dest was great at check in and drawing on a map how to get to a few amenities we were looking for. The rooms were beautiful, clean and spacious. The hallways were very wide and bright. I loved how the complimentary breakfast is served on the 2nd floor. It was spacious and never felt crowded. The selection for breakfast was really good. We were told there were 5 weddings and a family reunion going on at the hotel that weekend. You would never know it. The location of this property is great! We were able to walk to The Pearl Street Brewery and Coca Cola field. it is a short drive to shopping outlets and the Galleria. We woke up to a beautiful sunny Sunday morning and took a walk around downtown Buffalo. The architecture is magnificent. Oddly enough, living close to Toronto, this was my first trip to Buffalo. I had never really thought of it as destination, but it was a great weekend getaway. When I return I will definitely be staying at the Hampton Inn and Suites again.

Room Tip: We had room 535 which had a huge bathroom!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank travelbug004
HISManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! We get a great feeling of accomplishement whenever we learn that we have made a guest's stay special. Thank you for sharing this with us. You note so many aspects of our hotel that we are proud of, including our staff, amenities, and location. We are so glad that you now think of Buffalo as a travel desintation. We love Buffalo and are happy to share with others what this city has to offer. Thank you for your business, and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,257)

Reviewed 2 August 2013

This hotel was top notch. The room was spacious and lovely, the bed and pillows were comfortable and clean fresh sheets. The expansive window made the room seem very large.Bathrooms were nice as well and well kept. The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful and kind. I would stay in this hotel again, and do recommend it. We extended our stay one more day because it was so nice.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank thomascT2353DG
HISManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Thank you so much for reviewing us! The fact that you extended your stay because you enjoyed your stay so much speaks volumes to us. That is a great compliment. We are so happy that we could provide you with a relaxing and clean home away from home. We look forward to seeing you again and thank you for your business.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Hampton Inn exceeds my expectation. The room is relatively spacious, well-maintained and clean. Sound-proof between rooms seems nice. A jacuzzi in the room really helps to relax no matter you come here for what sort of business in Buffalo.
The swimming pool looks nice but I did not try because it is an indoor pool and it is full of the smell of Chlorine..
The staffs are kind and friendly.
Generally, I got nothing to complain about except the breakfast is a little bit poor in variety and quality.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with jacuzzi
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for reviewing us! We appreciate your positive feedback. It helps us to know what we are doing right, and encourages us to keep it up. The rooms with Jacuzzis are a favorite of many guests, and, as you pointed out, are so relaxing. We have taken note of your concerns regarding breakfast and will use that feedback to improve guest satisfaction. We look forward to the prospect of seeing you again. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

We booked this place thinking it was the older Hampton near the galleria.
What an amazing surprise!!!
This place is way better. A bit more expensive but for the value and cleanliness and modern atmosphere... Way worth it!
Free parking. Cookies at check-in.
Clean rooms modern, waffle maker at included breakfast buffet.
Worth every Penney and more!

• Stayed: August 2013

Wow! Thank you for your praise. We very much appreciate that you took the time to share with everyone on TripAdvisor the positive stay you had with us here at the Hampton Inn and Suites in downtown Buffalo. We really look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

The staff were very accommodating and attentive. I loved the size of the rooms. I was so surprised to hear nothing next door...this rarely happens. They must have designed the walls with sound proofing as it was very quiet. I loved the library on the main floor. We travelled with three families in total. The teenage boys hung out in the library and played cards. I loved the second floor as well where we enjoyed a nice breakfast in a very relaxing nicely decorated dining area. The staff were always ensuring the food was well stocked. It was a nice selection and very fresh. The front desk staff were very helpful as well.. We typically stay at the Hampton Inn in Cheektowaga but I must be honest this hotel is so much nicer then that hotel. The drive to the Walden Galleria is only a short 8 minutes. I would recommend this hotel to others and will return.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for writing such a considerate review of our hotel. We are very fortunate to have such wonderful amentities--a library, plenty of common space, and a large breakfast area, and to be so close to nearby attractions like the Walden Galleria Mall. We are so glad that you decided to stay with us, though the Hampton Inn on Walden is also a lovely hotel with a fantastic staff. Thank you so very much for your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I am not in Buffalo often but when I am I always stay at Hampton Inn on Delaware. I had not been there in a year and I was a little concerned when I saw a mere 2 1/2 star rating (on another site) for a hotel that always knocked it out of the park-but I booked anyway and I am very glad that I did....this hotel is splendid. From the moment we stepped out of the car the top notch staff was there on the spot - intelligent, well-mannered, impeccably groomed and very warm they do their jobs wonderfully well. The room was large, lovely and immaculate. The bed was like a cloud...and our night there was perfect. 5 stars all the way.....! I cannot even imagine what sort of a boob could be unhappy at this hotel. If I have anything at all for the suggestion box it would only be that the room would have had a mini-fridge (fully stocked of course) sometimes when you are tired it seem like a long walk to the vending machines.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Goodness! Thank you so much for your glowing review of our hotel. We are always striving to provide not just good, but exceptional service in every way to our guests. It makes us feel great that you had such a great stay, and that you choose to stay with us when you visit Buffalo. Thank you so much for your business. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 24 July 2013

If you need a roomy, quite, comfortable, clean place to stay in Buffalo, stay here! I'm not sure if it was just renovated, but the room was super clean, comfortable and quiet. There were apparently five weddings at the hotel, but we never heard anything. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was the cleanest I've seen a hotel bathroom, and the room was beautiful. We missed the free breakfast because we slept so well!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Mia39
HISManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely review of our hotel. You highlight some aspects of hospitality that we work hardest to achieve, notibly making each and every guest comfortable, from business travelers to wedding guests. Thank you very much for that. We very much hope that you stay with us again. Thank you for your business.