“Best in Buffalo!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was the nicest Hampton Inn we have ever stayed at. Room was very well furnished and clean. the hotel lobby was bright and inviting and the staff was extremely helpful. On a scale of 1-10 this was a 10.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dick D
TimothyStone, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Good morning, Dick D, and thank you so much for your review! We are so pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations. We pride ourselves on having a friendly and helpful staff, a clean and inviting environment, and beautiful décor paired with useful amenities. Thank you for your business. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

My girlfriend and I wanted a place close to downtown buffalo to celebrate her birthday. We booked one night at the hampton and were more than happy with our experience. The room was beauituful with a decent view of the city. The lounge areas throughout the hotel were great as well. The night we planned on going out, it was raining so we asked for a recommendation of something close by. We were directed The Chocolate Bar which was connected to the hotel. What a great weekend!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
TimothyStone, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Good morning, Thomas R! Thank you so much for letting us be a part of a wonderful birthday celebration. We are so happy that we were able to provide you with a lovely room and an excellent recommendation for a nearby bar/restaurant. We are fortunate to be very close to many great establishments, which comes in particularly helpful in the cold winter months, and when the weather is being less than cooperative! We created more lounge space at the expense of guest rooms because we know how important it is for guests to have ample space, even outside of their rooms. We are so pleased that you enjoyed yourselves. We look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

While visiting my son and attending The Taste of Buffalo for a second year, I had a suite at the Hampton from 7/10 thru 7/16. Upon checking in, I was greeted by a dark haired woman and a red haired/bearded fellow and was so happy to get the suite that I had last year and had requested for this trip. I remembered the woman from last year's stay and I'm sorry, but I didn't get her name. The red haired gentleman was behind the desk for several days during my stay and always gave me a cheerful hello.

Allie, from housekeeping, is a lovely young woman who did a wonderful job of keeping me comfortable. A day before check-out, Maggie, at the front desk, took care of arranging for a cab to pick me up at 6:00am the next morning to take me to the Amtrak Exchange St station for my trip home.

And what can I say about Liz? Actually, I can't say enough good things about her. She runs the complimentary breakfast service like a well-oiled machine, making sure that all the guests are offered a tasty and satisfying breakfast. Fresh fruit salad, eggs, french toast, sausage, breakfast potatoes, hot oatmeal, a selection of dry cereals and much more. Whenever I came down for breakfast, the tables were clean and the breakfast items were replenished frequently. I remembered Liz from last year and when I told her that I was in Buffalo to visit my son, she made a point of asking me each morning about what we had planned for the day. A hard worker and a lovely woman!

My suite was clean, the a/c worked well and the Neutrogena toiletry items were a treat. The free parking and wi fi were the icing on the cake. As a woman traveling alone, I appreciated the fact that you need a room key/card in order to go anywhere inside the hotel.

I will definitely be at next year's Taste and will stay at the Hampton, hopefully in the same suite. I had such a good time that I may plan a fall or winter trip as well. A big thank you to everyone at Hampton for making my stay a memorable one!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank nymom621
TimothyStone, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Nymom621, your review brought smiles to all of our staff when we read it in our morning meeting. Thank you so much for taking time to provide such an in-depth review, and for singling out staff members who were particularly helpful. Nicholas (the red-haired gentleman), Allie, Maggie, and Liz are invaluable team members. We are very fortunate to have them at our hotel! I’m not sure which dark-haired woman you interacted with, as we have many women at the front desk with dark hair, but we are so pleased that she was able to add to the enjoyment of your stay. Safety is of the utmost importance, which is why we have the key card system in place for elevators and stairwells. We are happy that we are able to provide a safe and secure living space for you. We are thrilled that you plan to stay with us next year for Taste of Buffalo and to visit your son, and may even visit us this fall or winter! Returning guests are always a treat for us. Thank you so much for your patronage.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is a top-of-the-line hotel, one of the best Hilton properties I've stayed at, and there have been many including Manhattan. Convenient to Buffalo's best, with all the standard Hampton amenities, but a higher cut than most other Hamptons.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jennifer L

Thank you so much for your review, Jennifer L! Your compliments mean a great deal to us, especially considering that you have stayed at many hotels within our brand in different cities. We work very hard to go above the standard and provide guests with the very best service and amenities. We look forward to seeing you again, the next time you are in Buffalo. Thank you for your patronage.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Our room was more like a luxurious apartment than a hotel room. It was huge…had a full kitchen, large living area with pull out sofa, big bathroom, gigantic bedroom and a tricked out walk in closet. Every inch was beautifully decorated. Wanted to live there. Seriously mean that. I don't think that all of the rooms are like this one but if the others are even half as nice, they will still be awesome. Only drawback was that the room next door was a smoking room and the inhabitants smoked nonstop (judging by the smell in the hall). Perfect location for the Taste of Buffalo. We easily walked to many great places in the downtown area. Staff was fantastic. Parking was a challenge when we were there due to the Taste of Buffalo crowd but the location was so perfect that it was a minor annoyance. Will definitely stay again and will beg for same room!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 529shellid

Good afternoon, 529shellid, and thank you for your review! Well, judging by your description I’m guessing you were staying in what was previously our owners private apartment. For a number of years, he lived in that suite. Now it is part of our normal inventory, we certainly make many guests happy by sharing that room! We’re so happy that you enjoyed yourself. Each of our suites has something to set itself apart from the others, whether it be a fireplace, a balcony, a large bathroom, a spacious living area, or a wide expanse of windows in the bedroom. We certainly look forward to your next stay. Thank you so much for your business.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Was on a one night stay over for shopping purposes and hotel that I normally would stay at was booked. Just happened that there was a food festival going on in the downtown area of Buffalo that weekend and the Hampton Inn was steps away from it. Room size was generous and bed was very comfortable with 2 different choices for pillow type!! That's a first!! No noise from the event on the ground. Room was clean and well appointed but no mini fridge. Did have a coffeemaker. I heard the breakfast, included in price, was good but slept in and missed it! Didn't use any of the facilities in the hotel but there was a pool, hot tub, business centre and wifi was also included. Parking lot is small for hotel size. Shopping 10 to 15 miles away.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank eileenwallace1958
TimothyStone, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Good morning, eileenwallace1958, and thank you so much for your review! We are so pleased that we were able to accommodate you on such a busy weekend. Taste of Buffalo is a fantastic event held in downtown Buffalo where restaurant and food service vendors showcase their best dishes. Each year, our hotel alone has hundreds of guests visiting to take part in the festivities. Thank you so much for your compliments on our room size and amenities. We have mini-fridges available to guests upon request, as well as breakfast bags “on the go” in case you are in need again at our hotel. We would love to see you again! Thank you so much for your business.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I was very surprised and impressed with this hotel. Room was great. Our room did not have a microwave or fridge but the staff brought them in. The staff was very helpful. The only concern I had was for the parking lot which was free but a little small for the size of hotel. The breakfast was great.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Hello, SandyS2008, and thank you for your review of our hotel! We are so happy that we were able to surprise and impress you! Yes, we have complimentary microwaves and mini-fridges available for guests to use on a first-come basis. All of our suites come with full refrigerators and microwaves in the kitchen area. In terms of parking, we always make it work! We are proud to say that we are the only hotel in downtown Buffalo to offer free parking to guests with one vehicle per room. If ever you have trouble finding a spot, our front desk and security staff can assist in finding a secure space for your vehicle. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you again!