Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown
US$213
US$157
US$152
1,276 results
All reviewschocolate barfree parkinggreat hotelfree breakfastthe breakfast areahot tubindoor poolwithin walking distancebusiness centerwould definitely stay here againniagara fallsbuffalo downtownfamily weddingexcellent stayrestaurants and barskey cardgreat room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 March 2010

We recently spent the weekend at this location. We have visited Buffalo many times, as my husband went to college there. This was our first time staying in the downtown area. We loved our stay and didn't want to come home. We were with our 5 year old son. The rooms were spotless! The pool and hot tub area is wonderful! The pool was a bit on the cool side, so they may want to turn up the temperature on that a little. The hot tub was very relaxing and the temp. was just perfect. There are 4 restaurents attached to this hotel, which made things so much easier. It is the most modern Hampton Inn we have stayed in to date. The staff members are outstanding. They went out of their way to help and be friendly. Especially Robert who worked during the day and another tall gentleman who worked in the evening. They should be commended for their impeccable customer service!! In addition, there were two gentlemen who were friendly and made us feel at home in the breakfast area as well. Thank you for your outstanding sevice. It's nice to see that some hotels still have "class."

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Luella10
Reviewed 4 March 2010

I stayed at this Hampton Inn for 10 days and am very happy for my choice. The best asset of the hotel is the staffs. Everyone who served us was friendly and helpful. When we first arrived, my friend asked the lady at the front desk (Meriline?) how to get to a supermarket. She not only told us the direction, but offered her car for us to make the trip (as we are from overseas and do not have a car in US)!! When I left, I asked another staff Libby whether the hotel could mail some documents for me. She found a box for me and handled the whole process perfectly. Other staffs who have assisted us are also amazing, they are Mo (?) and Mary. The rooms are classy and the beds are comfy. The fitness centre and swimming pool are decent. Perhaps the only downside is the dining options. There are four restaurants in the hotel, but they are just alright. Breakfast is fine, not a big fan of the plastic plates, but it's got plenty of choices and the buffet changes from day to day. Overall, the hotel has def exceeded our expectation and we enjoyed our stay there. Choose this hotel, you won't be wrong.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 March 2010

I hadn't expected much from a Hampton Inn in downtown Buffalo, but was quite pleased with the room, and had a pleasant stay with nothing bad to report. I stayed for 2 nights on business. I'd give it a 3-1/2 star rating. And I will return when I have to go Buffalo for work.

The room was clean and a good size. I was given a room larger than most (you can see the layout on the emergency exit diagram). The view was a parking lot and a gas station (grim!). The bed was very comfortable with good linens and a nice comforter (not that cheesy polyester flame resistant thing that is all too common).
Free internet and breakfast. Not a thrilling breakfast (powdered eggs? and apparently jarred fruit) but passable at the price! Coffee was good, llthough I would like there to be light cream for coffee, not just 2% milk or "creamer".

Couldn't get the wifi to work on my Mac, but fortunately there was a cable, so I just plugged in. Oddly the lamp on the desk has the power outlets and I had to move the lamp off near the edge of the desk to plug in computer power cord and cell phone charger. But these are minor points. Oh, and there were not enough lights in the room!

If you want to hang out in Allentown, it's a bit far to walk, you might want the Holiday Inn further down Delaware Ave (if anyone *wants* a holiday inn!?) But walking distance to Fat Bob's for very good ribs. The Asian(?) restaurant in the hotel was overpriced for what you get. They give you the local paper in the a.m. which I appreciated (in addition to USA News which I think is junk)

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
HISManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on TripAdvisor. We value each and every comment and suggestion that we receive from our guests. We consistently use those comments as focus areas that we may need to improve upon. We work very hard to ensure that every guest has an exceptional experience with us. If there is any thing that we can do for you please contact us and let us know.

Reviewed 22 January 2010

When I arrived, I was given a very nice looking room, although there was a smell that was familiar to me, but I couldn't work out what it was. I just assumed that the occupants before me had had food in the room, and the cleaners hadn't sprayed any air freshener around, so I never complained. After a long day out in Buffalo, I got back to the room and the smell was intense, but as it was late, I just went to bed. I woke up in the morning, and the smell was so bad, I felt sick. I phoned down to reception to ask if they could change my room (it was midweek, and the place was empty). The person I spoke to was a little abrupt, and said I she would see what she could do (with a sigh).

4 hours later, and still no news, so I called down again to ask if anything had been sorted for me, and got the same abrupt tone. I finally got moved 2 hours later...NEXT DOOR!!!

The new room didn't smell as bad, but still smelled. I gave up, as I was only there for 2 days anyway. On my way out that afternoon, I found out the reason for the smell. There is a Subway sandwich store, right under the room. So I'm guessing I wasn't the first to complain about this.

The staff (except one man who was polite) were very abrupt, and even when asking them to call a cab, or directions etc... looked like I had annoyingly disturbed them. One receptionist (the one I had asked for the room change) never even looked up when she was speaking to me. Made me feel like I was an inconvenience to her.

The hotel itself, is quite nice. The rooms are nice (without the smell). The location is great, but I'd be careful in the streets around it after dark. I would recommend this place, but make sure you're not given the room above Subway! 107 or 8 (I think).

TIP to the hotel: People like me will put up with all sorts of crap IF the service is good and friendly!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank adam1966
HISManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2010

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. Since your stay with us back in May 2008 the hotel has gone through some very exciting changes. We have renovated every guest room and addressed the smell issues as well. We have also addressed the level of customer service that you experienced during your stay. We have done all that is possible to reinforce our staff with the necessary tools to go above and beyond for every guest. Customer service is our first priority and we take it very seriously. If there is anything else we can do for you please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed 6 December 2009

Being a light sleeper I asked for a quiet room, and I got one. It was a renovated one which was really value for money!! The room was very quiet indeed. OK, not a particularly nice view but for me a good night's sleep is more important. Some minor negative points:
- free shuttle is only to the airport, not to the Amtrak station
- plastic plates and plastic tableware at breakfast; breakfast itself, however, was very good
- taxi driver from hotel to station was driving with one hand almost all the ride having his mobile in his other hand; since I had to catch the train, I didn't make any comments about this dangerous situation, (who knows he may have left me standing on the highway somewhere) but I would recommend that the hotel choose another company

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank PenkiArnhem
HISManager, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2009

Valued guest- thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We truly appreciate all of our guests comments and criticisms, as a measure of our strengths and weaknesses. We value all the comments as they give us areas that we need to focus our attention to. In regards to your comment pertaining to the plastic tableware and foam plates, Hampton is in the process of going green with all of the service wares. They are using a product called Taterware, they are made from a potato product and are biodegradable. Hampton is connecting with the green initiative that is part of our global responsibility. I will also bring your comment about the cab driver to the attention of the service we use and we will be looking around for a new provider of transportation.