“Love this place!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cantina Loco
Ranked #56 of 1,026 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Latin, Bar, Spanish, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Buffalo, New York
“Love this place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

This was husband's and my 3rd time at Cantina Loco and it hasn't disappointed us yet. Luckily hostess squeezed us in (knowing full well how packed they get, I should've made reservations but....luckily it worked out)
We ordered the Nachos - AMAZING. I've never had nachos with chorizo instead of beef, and all the cilantro, jalepenos and onion made this something we'll order every time we're there.

I ordered the vegetable quesadilla but honestly, was barely able to eat any since I filled up on nachos and margaritas first.

As the others said, it gets very noisy, more of a bar atmosphere than a restaurant, but
it's definitely our favorite mexican place in Buffalo.

Buffalo, New York
“Good food, decent margaritas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

I have been here numerous times for dinner, and also ordering their takeout. The food has always been delicious, especially the avocado quesadilla.

The margaritas are not the best I have ever had, but I still enjoy them.

If I had to find a negative the acoustics are not very good and it is difficult to have a decent conversation on a busy night as it is very loud. That would not deter me from coming back.

I have come in just to sit at the bar and have a drink and I enjoy the bar as it is large and has a wide variety of drink selections.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Clarence Center, New York
“Authentic Mexican Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Catina Loco has a cool atmosphere, but very much a bar type setting. The food is excellent, and very inexpensive!

Visited October 2013
Kitchener, Canada
“Could have been a 5”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I’d have given this place a 5 but they botched our reservation. We had one for 6:00 and we got there at 5:57 - no table for us though. We went to the bar, got a drink, waited for our table for several minutes - no table. Finally my wife asked about our table and they went and kicked two ladies out that were lingering. There’s more. There was a couple that came in after us that didn’t have a reservation and was seated at a deuce before us??? Why the need for a reservation?

Now that I’m done complaining about their reservation process - I’ll get to the food. I had the beef enchilada and my wife the fish taco. Totally amazing, and so much food! This place is a complete bargain. If you’re in Buffalo for a game, or some other reason, this place should top your list of places to eat.

Buffalo,NY
“Amazing mexican food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

Before an event at the First Niagara center my wife and I went out with another couple to Cantina Loco, we made reservations for Sunday evening ( which turned out to be a great idea )and were seated quickly.
We each ordered our food and also ordered a pitcher of Margarita for $28 which was very tasty ( although heavy on the Tequila !! ), they had a special of a Lamb Quesadilla which my wife also ordered and we shared a side of chips and salsa.
Firstly the chips are amazing, you can tell they're made fresh and the salsa also tasted fresh, when our Quesadilla's came I was blown away, its literally the greatest Quesadilla I've ever had in my life, very tasty.
Unfortunately my wife took a bite of her 3rd piece and bit right into Bone...she bit into Bone again and was done at that point ( they made her a regular quesadilla and didn't charges us for the original one ) but it did take a little bit off the shine for the evening.

Overall great food though, it is noisy and certainly not somewhere you would go for a romantic dinner, I would give it 5 stars but the bone issue did knock it down a touch...but we would definitely go back !

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Cantina Loco? Share your experiences!