“Horrible Customer Service”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible Customer Service”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Had a reservation for 5 on a Thursday night. Went into restaurant and ended up having 7 women instead of 5. Any other restaurant I have been to try to accommodate such changes, however this restaurant made us feel as though it was a crime. We were told it it be about 20 min for a table to accolade us and we agreed and waited at the bar. After an hour and 20 min, we approached the manager after he sent over an app at the bar to check on the status of a table. Not to mention there were many people coming and going in the restaurant and they continued go seat everyone else. The manage after this 1 hour and 20 min informed us we were trying to beat the system. We asked him what this meant and apparently a party over 5 needs to call and put a credit card on file when making reservations. I was appalled to be yelled at I. The restaurant when we brought a few extra people in to buy food and alcohol at their restaurant!!! After this conversation we paid for our drinks at the bar and left after 1 hour and 20 min after our reservations! We were never offered an option to seat us at 2 separate tables or any other options. This restaurant clearly thinks they don't need to accommodate their patrons that they will always have a busy business. We tried an app and it was very good, but we don't care how good the food is to be treated the way we we're is unacceptable! If u don't care about customer service this is your place!!!

• Visited November 2013

“Love this place!”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

This was husband's and my 3rd time at Cantina Loco and it hasn't disappointed us yet. Luckily hostess squeezed us in (knowing full well how packed they get, I should've made reservations but....luckily it worked out)
We ordered the Nachos - AMAZING. I've never had nachos with chorizo instead of beef, and all the cilantro, jalepenos and onion made this something we'll order every time we're there.

I ordered the vegetable quesadilla but honestly, was barely able to eat any since I filled up on nachos and margaritas first.

As the others said, it gets very noisy, more of a bar atmosphere than a restaurant, but
it's definitely our favorite mexican place in Buffalo.

• Visited October 2013
Buffalo, New York
“Good food, decent margaritas”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I have been here numerous times for dinner, and also ordering their takeout. The food has always been delicious, especially the avocado quesadilla.

The margaritas are not the best I have ever had, but I still enjoy them.

If I had to find a negative the acoustics are not very good and it is difficult to have a decent conversation on a busy night as it is very loud. That would not deter me from coming back.

I have come in just to sit at the bar and have a drink and I enjoy the bar as it is large and has a wide variety of drink selections.

• Visited September 2013
Clarence Center, New York
“Authentic Mexican Food”
Reviewed 16 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Catina Loco has a cool atmosphere, but very much a bar type setting. The food is excellent, and very inexpensive!

Visited October 2013
Kitchener, Canada
“Could have been a 5”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I’d have given this place a 5 but they botched our reservation. We had one for 6:00 and we got there at 5:57 - no table for us though. We went to the bar, got a drink, waited for our table for several minutes - no table. Finally my wife asked about our table and they went and kicked two ladies out that were lingering. There’s more. There was a couple that came in after us that didn’t have a reservation and was seated at a deuce before us??? Why the need for a reservation?

Now that I’m done complaining about their reservation process - I’ll get to the food. I had the beef enchilada and my wife the fish taco. Totally amazing, and so much food! This place is a complete bargain. If you’re in Buffalo for a game, or some other reason, this place should top your list of places to eat.

• Visited October 2013

Been to Cantina Loco? Share your experiences!