“Architectural gem”

Guaranty / Prudential Building
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Just about the best Buffalo has to offer in 20th century architecture!

Reviewed 15 June 2012

Take the Buffalo Tours queen city walking tour. You learn a lot about this building. You even get access on Sunday.

2  Thank clsned
Reviewed 25 March 2012

When we arrived at the building on a Sunday we were mesmerized by the outside of the building - red terra cotta. It was hard to imagine before we'd seen it. From the street looking up it's amazing. The doors were locked but the security guard buzzed me in. She gave me the sad news that, due to the volume of tourist, the building was now restricted only to those arriving to do business. Tourists are only permitted in Wednesday evening and may take a tour of the building but "no id badge, no admission." I plead my case and she let me ogle the floors, walls, ceiling and elevators. I would be unable to describe what I'd seen in just a few moments.

Thankfully, even though the building has gone through owner bankruptcies, fires and threats of demolition, it has been renovated and is truly an architectural masterpiece. Our next trip to Buffalo will include a Wednesday evening to fully enjoy this amazing building.

6  Thank DPD123
Reviewed 1 January 2012

A beautiful Facade coupled innovative construction technique makes this a must while you are in Downtown Buffalo! You will be entranced as your eyes caress this treasure of American Art!

1  Thank crawdaddy333
Reviewed 23 October 2011

This is Louis Sullivan at his very best. The interior and exterio restoration work is stunning.

1  Thank Tod B