“Mummies were interesting”

Buffalo Museum of Science
Ranked #24 of 161 things to do in Buffalo
More attraction details
Owner description: The Buffalo Museum of Science offers educational and exciting experiences the whole family can enjoy, including interactive exhibit spaces, special traveling exhibits, a National Geographic 3D Cinema, collections of over 700,000 artifacts and specimens. Record your own weather forecast or step into a wind chamber in Our Marvelous Earth, explore health and the human body in Explore YOU, build your own gravity wall in the In Motion studio, explore over 1,500 insect specimens in Bug Works, or discover science with your toddler and young scientists in the Explorations early childhood gallery.
Reviewed 15 July 2014

There was no foot traffic, so we were lucky to spend as much time as we desired to enjoy the museum features.
We rented the audio which enriched the experience.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Special Mummies attraction; done very well. A bit more for families with kids but we ducked in to get out of the rain and did very much enjoy the Mummy exhibit. This museum was very well organized and seemed like it would be great for families.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I hadn't been to the science center is about 15 years and I was pleasantly surprised. There were a lot of cool, new, interactive exhibits that were a lot of fun. We also saw they mummies exhibit which was really neat because they had mummies from all over the world. I didn't Even know Germany had mummies! Great collection. I liked the independent health wellness exhibit-lots of great information. The earth exhibit was also really neat and interactive. I went with 3 adults and we had a great time. It was a nice way to spend an afternoon

1  Thank 333kmg333
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We went to visit the museum with no preconceptions-we stayed 2 hrs and played with all the interactive exhibits

the price of $8 per person was excellent

best exhibit was the life indicators

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I went to the Buffalo Museum of Science exclusively to see the "Mummies" exhibition, however, found the rest of the museum to offer something to everyone. There are exhibits on evolution, dinosaurs, mammals, health, insects, and of course--"Mummies of the World". They even have 3D films scheduled. They have a cute cafe called "Elements CaFe" that offered well-priced good food. The name was obviously inspired by the Periodic Table (get it? "Ca" is Calcium and Iron is "Fe"). The mummy exhibit was remarkable. Not only did I learn about the embalment process, but I learned a lot about the religious beliefs and rituals of different peoples over centuries. Most importantly, each human mummy on display had a very personal story reminding me that each one of them was once like us. Photography is permitted everyone except for inside the mummy exhibit. This exhibit is great to see but I would not recommend allowing small children to experience it. The rest of the museum is completely designed for ages 1 and up so there is no shortage of fun and activity for the younger demographic.