“Tour canceled due to low bookings”

Buffalo Bites Food Tours
Ranked #1 of 10 Food & Drink in Buffalo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Buffalo Bites Food Tours provides food tasting and historical walking tours in some of Buffalo's most delicious and beautiful neighborhoods. On this three-hour guided walking tour you will eat tasty food samples from local eateries and explore Buffalo's rich history, architecture and culture. This experience is enjoyable for visitors and locals alike and will entice you to come back to theses neighborhoods again and again!
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Tour canceled due to low bookings”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Only in Buffalo two days with only one free afternoon and found the Buffalo bites tour. Booked about 5 days in advance. Got a phone call the morning of the tour saying it was canceled because not enough bookings that day and the tour operater loses money. I do understand the economics of the situation but the days they have many people should outweigh the loss of a day with not enough people and the tour should still run. A missed opportunity for a more intimate tour with a small group, and probably a great experience and review, even at a small financial loss, is not good business. A refund was issued promptly.

2 Thank backusmd
Laura R, Owner at Buffalo Bites Food Tours, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thanks for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate all feedback as we continuously strive to provide the most fun and memorable tour experience possible for all of our guests. We are sorry you were unable to experience the tour as only 1 ticket was purchased that day. Unlike many other walking tours we have fixed food costs. We have only had that happen on one other occasion, so the feedback you provided was helpful and we will weigh our decisions in the future keeping that in mind. Thanks again for your feedback.

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fun and Informative”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Did this tour with guide Laura who did an excellent job. This tour combines tasting lots of different food and beverages and walking through and learning a lot about some historical neighborhoods in the Elmwood area of Buffalo. Very fun time. Excellent value.

Rochester, New York
“Great for Mother's Day”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I took my mom on a tour as a Mother's Day gift. My three boys (ages 12, 14, 17) also came along. The tour guide was very engaging. Our favorite stops were the Globe Market, the sandwiches are delicious, and Coles, my boys enjoyed the wings and my mom and I had the vegetarian option, the risotto balls. I was surprised the boys enjoyed tasting olive oil as much as they did. My mom has already told me that she wants to go on another tour.

Buffalo, New York
“A Great Way to Enjoy Buffalo and Time With Friends”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My husband and I had long time friends in from Sweden and wanted to do something "Buffalo" that was not our usual "go to the Falls" routine. Buffalo Bites food tours was a wonderful way to spend time with our friends, learn interesting facts about Buffalo and taste some GREAT food. Our tour guide, Laura, was very personable, friendly and knowlegable about the Elmwood area and the Buffalo area in general. The food samples were varied, generous in size and very delicious! Laura kept the tour moving along but I never felt rushed or hurried - excellent planning! I highly recommend this tour - well worth the time and money!
Deb T.

Ottawa, Canada
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Well Worth The Tme And Money”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Buffalo is not the most exciting city in the world. It does not have the best hockey team or the best football team. I have Never been on a food tour before so I wasn't sure what to expect. Our tour guide was great and we had a great time learning about the city. The samples were the perfect size and the route was well thought out. It was a good mix of walking and eating so by the end of the tour you din't feel "stuffed" or exhaused from walking.

This was such a good experience that I now look for food tours in any city that I will be visiting.

Wish you the best of luck and success in the upcomming season!

Visited May 2013