Review Highlights
A must-see

The park and exhibits are excellent. Being from Waterloo, Iowa, the USS The Sullivans had extra... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
629JamesO
Le Claire, Iowa
Great venue

Was on a military reunion- thought this was a great place to go. Volunteer tour guides were... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
HenricHerman
Chesterfield, Michigan

Recommended experiences in and around Buffalo
from US$130.95
from US$12.83
from US$60.00
1,000 results
All reviews world war ii erie county gift shop destroyer submarine ships cruisers museum history helicopter soldiers plaques
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 February 2019

Even in the winter with no tours, it is still inspiring to be able to walk by and see these ships on display. There are plenty of memorials and dedications as well to read and be thankful for the people they represent, protecting our freedoms. I would really like to be able to be back in the summer to go onboard.

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed 13 February 2019 via mobile

This is a really awesome place to bring teens. Show them how it was during the war. They have a sub and a destroyer named the Sullivans. Wonderful story behind that.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 9 February 2019 via mobile

In the middle of all that happening downtown you are on late model navy ships. So cool to see the small on board barracks especially on the sub. I heard the ship is haunted. Great for overnight on the ship banquets on its deck and a nighttime view that's to die for.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed 16 January 2019 via mobile

Just walking on board the navy ships they have tied up brought back so many memories from my time in the navy. Right off the bat, a ship SMELLS like a ship. It took me right back to being a young 18 yr old on my ship. Then I saw a coffee mug with my ships logo on it in a display case and that sent chills up my spine.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 15 January 2019 via mobile

I received a membership to the museum when I moved to Buffalo- it was wonderful to be able to go a few different times in order to really go through all the ships/submarine. I highly recommend for families with kids over 5. You get to see it all here - working stations, mess hall, sleeping quarters- how did those brave Navy men live like this for months?! Impressive, informative and fun!

Date of experience: August 2018