“Great Place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Buffalo
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

I had an opportunity to stay here a few weeks back and was very much pleasantly surprised. I travel more than 200,000 air miles per year so I get around and I tend to stay at boutique hotels vs. the chain store brands and my expectations are very high.

The hotel was built in the early 1900’s and they have maintained much of the décor and ambiance but with modern art deco rooms. There are something like 55 hotel rooms and the remainder of the building is private residences. You will also find a restaurant and bar that has a great vibe. The location is also within walking distance to multiple restaurants, night spots, etc.

The rooms themselves are great. An art deco style, each is different with all the modern amenities that you would expect.

The staff are more than friendly and eager to help or respond to your request. If you find yourself in Buffalo, you won’t be disappointed with a stay at the Lafeyette.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Mark N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
falmouth, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

The hotel has been meticulously restored to an elegant masterpiece. We were overjoyed with our room (junior. Suite) and I am very particular about hotels. It was so comfortable, clean, great bed and the staff were friendly and helpful.

We loved it!

Room Tip: It is in Buffalo, the only negative really. The junior suite is worth the small monetary upgrade!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Falmouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

The hotel is beautiful. The room was spotless and one of the nicest I have stayed in. It was modern yet comfortable. No small bottles of products, the have dispensers of quality products on the shower wall.

We loved our stay.

Room Tip: The junior suite was perfect! Well appointed, meticulously thought out and comfortable and quiet!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ack_tam
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

My husband and I recently completed a self-supported bicycle trip from Buffalo to Albany and we couldn't have picked a better place to start our trip. The hotel staff graciously allowed us to take our bicycles into the room and then located the nearest Federal Express office and arranged for a taxi so we could ship the items we wouldn't need on our journey to our final destination. The building was old with much history, but the rooms were clean and modern. We had a wonderful 7-course wine-paired dinner at Mike A's located on site. It was a wonderful stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Liz N
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel for one night. Centrally located in Buffalo. Valet parking. Friendly staff. Free WIFI. Comfortable and spacious room with a good bed, nice bathroom. Complimentary breakfast (very very simple....). The design and architecture of the hotel is somewhat amazing. Highly recommended. Will come back next time I visit Buffalo.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Runar P
Potomac, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

My family and I stopped for the night in Buffalo en route to Canada. We were downtown and just grabbed the first place we saw. The Hotel Lafayette was amazing...First of all, the staff welcomed us, travel-weary parents with small children, with excellent service, helpfulness, and kindness. They were extremely knowledgeable about the history of the hotel and its place in Buffalo...it was fascinating. The lobby was a trip through time, as were the ballrooms and restaurants. The rooms were UNBELIEVABLE...beautiful, pristine, and modern with a touch of the historical. If all of Buffalo follows this trend, look out! It will put Buffalo right back on the map. We will return to Buffalo because of this great experience (yes, really!)...

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AG852013
Southampton, Bermuda
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

I traveled through Buffalo this past winter and was recommended this hotel by friends who have stayed there.

As i entered this bustling lobby I was taken back to the old black and white movies where I instantly felt comfortable. The luxury of having three restaurants on site made me not want to leave the hotel. I was greeted by a lovely front desk agent who made check in painless, she also helped me choose the Pan American Grill and Brewery later that evening, where the food was excellent and the service was outstanding!!! After check-in I was directed up to my room where I was blown away by a spacious and modern room that was probably one of the cleanest rooms that I have ever stayed in. The bathroom had a giant shower accompanied with great amenities. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud, I did not want to get out of it!!!

Checking out was painless and with clean rooms, warm and friendly staff, excellent food, and a great continental breakfast I would not ever stay at another hotel when in Buffalo!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo