“Superb!”
Review of Coco Bar & Bistro

Coco Bar & Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Coco Bar & Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #77 of 1,034 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Superb!”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

The surrounding area is more than a little bleak, but don't be discouraged, the interior is delightful and the food is great.

We visitied Coco twice in one weekend, first for lunch, then again for dinner. My only negative comment, and it's very minor, is that service at dinner was a little slow.

The party all raved about the rosemary fries. My starter, the goat's cheese salad, was superb, amongst the best food I have ever eaten. It was followed by the lobster mac and cheese, which was very good indeed. We accompanied this with excellent wines, the house red being remarkably good.

The pizza is very highly recommended, my vegetarian pizza was absolutely delicious.

• Visited November 2013

Buffalo, New York
“If you like SALT, this is your place!”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I had stopped in for a cocktail about a month ago and liked the atmosphere and
menu. Decided to treat my boyfriend and I to dinner tonight and was sorely
disappointed. We ordered salads to start and somehow my arugula salad was SALTY!
After waiting about 15 minutes for the waitress to come back I sent it back and
she took it off the bill. I had about four glasses of water to get that taste
out of my mouth. We both ordered steak frites, which is served sliced on the
plate. Ordered the steak medium well and it came medium rare. The frites were
the frozen kind and....again SALTY!!! Holy hell! All in all I was sad because French is
my fav cuisine. Ill gladly pay twice as much at Tabree or Rue Franklin if I want
French. I would possibly go back for drinks, as the atmosphere was quite nice.

• Visited October 2013
Buffalo, New York
“NewYork City in Buffalo”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Great service, great food and a great atmosphere! Very cosmopolitan in decor and not too bright.
Six different varieties of mussels and served with frites to soak up the juices. My husband had a lamb bolognese which was out of this world. I had the Thai mussels, but would choose another variety next time. So good that I can back two nights later with a group of ladies and we tried the pea and prosciutto pizza, very good, and the pierogi we're excellent. So nice. Can't wait to go back and try the other menu items!

• Visited September 2013
Hamburg
“A little bit of France in Buffalo”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Coco's has a nice setting: bistro feel to the sitting area near bar, charming courtyard in back, dining room with white tablecloths and nice decor. Front windows provide lots of natural light and a few window tables. Food was excellent! Coq au vin melted in your mouth...mnnn...salad was
crisp and very good size ( shared with a friend); wine list had quite a good variety and the bartender was knowledgeable about the wines and offered a tasting, before making a decision.

The only negative factor: big tv in the corner of the bar! Brings the atmosphere down; after all, it's not a sports bar or corner gin mill! Please get rid of it.

• Visited August 2013
Elma, New York
“Has Potential”
Reviewed 10 November 2012

Dined here last week with a couple of friends. The food was very good but the service should have been much better when you are spending $40+ per person for your meal. After being seated and receiving our menus, we sat for a good 10 minutes before anyone even acknowledged us. There were only 2 other tables of diners. No suggestions were made about ordering. Everything is a la carte. When one of us ordered a salad, the waitress never said that the salad is rather large to accompany a dinner. Three of us shared the salad. We were told there was no tomato juice for an ordered bloody mary. At the end of our meal we had to ask for coffee and our waitress never returned to ask if we'd like more, nor did she suggest any desserts. . We enjoyed our food, our time together, and we would return........but hopefully have a more attentive waitress.

• Visited November 2012