“Spacious & comfortable!”

Lofts on Pearl a Trademark Collection Hotel
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Buffalo
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Our loft had high ceilings, spare decor (funky yet elegant); it was open and airy, with 2 large bedrooms, a full kitchen, a living room (w/gas fireplace) and more. Although we were only in Buffalo for one night, this would be a great place for an extended stay (perhaps as a base for exploring the region), even with a family. Both beautiful & a good value!
In addition, there is a related brew pub next door that serves good food and offers several in-house brews on tap. Downstairs in that facility is where breakfast is available. The continental breakfast that is included is okay, but you can use the voucher towards something made to order. Parking is extra and around the corner, so we parked right in the street, which is free. The property is located near some of the great architectural landmarks of Buffalo.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 January 2014

In Buffalo this past weekend for the Forgotten Buffalo bus tour. I found Lofts on Pearl on-line and booked two, 2 bedroom suites for my husband and I, our 3 sons and their wives and girlfriends. Arrived about 1 hour early and were avle to check in with no problem. Staff was wonderful, rooms are amazing. Each room was tastefully decorated and stocked with everything you could need. Location right next to Pearl St. Bar and so close to the Baseball Stadium and 1st Niagara Events Center. Loved it ! Did notice the water in the shower was not hot enough mentioned it to the front desk and they assured us it would be taken care of !

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Joan B
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stayed Friday Dec 6th. Check-in was efficient.We walked to Chef's for dinner with a printed map from the receptionist (good thing as it is a bit of a jog around the stadium). We had a nice dinner and returned to the Lofts. Our bad luck! I went to have a shower and found no hot water, but I was lucky to be able to warm up by the nice fireplace. We went to sleep and were rudely awakened by the preset alarm clock at 6am and it would not turn off. Since we were up we decided to go for the included breakfast at 7:30 (it started at 7am). When we got there the doors were locked as no one was there to open the building, so our breakfast was cancelled. We decided it was time to check out and told the management why we were checking out at 7:45 am. He was most apologetic and insisted on not charging us for the room. I tried to negotiate to pay for some of it but he would not have it. So we were compensated for all of the problems we experienced which was not the managements fault - just bad luck and a bit of Murphy's law?!

We found the rooms to be very clean. The staff to be very efficient and friendly. We can't comment of breakfast as we did not have it.
We do think that they should include the parking in their room rate -$20 seems a bit steep for this location. Also, we thought that they should have a TV in the bedroom - currently there is only a small wall TV in the living room. Definitely they should have someone turn off the early preset alarms on the clocks - not fun to get an early wake-up when it is not needed.

Overall, the hotel made things right and apologized, and we will give them another chance:)

Room Tip: I think all the rooms would be OK but next time I will make sure that the hot water works before I g...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We had a one night stay and there were three of us that shared a 2 bedroom with a sofa bed. The room was furnished like it was something out of a magazine with a nice leather sofa and chairs, desk, dining room table, nice fireplace which kept us toasty and warm, full size kitchen and to us it was like living in a residential loft. The price was unbelievable for what we were given and the front desk was friendly and helpful. We went for our breakfast the next morning rather late and we had an apple and a muffin which wasn't really what I had in mind. They don't have a restaurant inside the loft and you have to go next door to the pearl and down the stairs to a room for breakfast. Its our fault that we were late however, we would have preferred something else other than what we ate. I'm not complaining though since the Loft was great for the price we paid and we will definitely go back! The pearl next door is great for lunch and dinner and also I suggest Chef's restaurant which is the BEST Italian food in Buffalo!!! Several celebrities have frequented there and it is a popular spot. It has a family type atmosphere and comfortable. The Cheese Ravioli was my Fav!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 December 2013

My husband and I wanted to have an evening in Buffalo to celebrate our wedding anniversary. I was flying out of Buffalo the next morning but a hotel airport was not what we were looking for. We decided on this hotel. We could not have asked for a nicer group of people. Everyone was warm and welcoming. We felt at home the minute we walked through the door. The suite was huge. We could have housed our entire family there. We regretted we did to have more time. We loved the gas fireplace which made the space cozy. A lot of the old elements of the old factory building had been kept which added to its charm. We will definitely be staying there again. The location was great.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Lofts on Pearl is a fabulous hotel. We stayed in a two bedroom unti that was more like an apartment than a hotel room. Location is fabulous, short walk to hockey game. Front desk staff are super friendly, helpful and accommodating. Food in both the deli and pub is fantastic. The breakfast was awesome....best toasted western sandwiches we ever tasted.

Now the down side. Full size kitchen in the unit, but empty cupboards. There was six of us in a two bedroom suite, and there were only two glasses, two mugs, four plates, four bowls. No large bowls or anything for munchies, etc. No toaster, or kettle, dish towel, or dish cloth. Only one small pack of dishwashing soap and Housekeeping did not replace it when we had used it on the first day.

Unit needs a better cleaning. Bedrooms were fine, but floor in kitchen needed a good cleaning. Bathroom is going to get grubby really fast, because it has not been cleaned properly and it is starting to show. Needs a good scrubbing.

Walls are bare, no mirrors or pictures. So could use a bit of sprucing up. Even a coffee table would be nice.

The friendliness of the front desk staff make up for a lot of this, but they really need to start looking after some of these items, or the hotel reputation will go down very quickly.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank liketotravel16
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Just walking into this hotel, or even before entry, you notice how unique of a hotel Lofts on Pearl is. Walking in the staff is exceptional, jumping through hoops to make you happy. Now although the staff is a 10 out of 10, the rooms outshine them by a LONG shot!! Just walking into the room can make a grown man run into one of the bedrooms and jump on the bed! It honestly feels like you just won a prize by walking in the door. For work, I am in a new city every night, covering the mid-west and east coast and during the week this was one of the cheapest hotels I've stayed in EVER and I've probably stayed in close to 100 hotels in the past year and this is the best one by FAR I've had the opportunity to stay in. If I am ever in Buffalo again I am certainly not looking anywhere else because I already found the most perfect hotel around. I suggest anyone looking for a hotel even within an hour of Buffalo to just come here and be awestruck! No fitness or pool or business center, but as I said, the staff is willing to do just about anything to help and they allowed me to stand behind the counter and use their computer, printer and copier for business materials I needed for the next day. 5 stars!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business