Richmond Place Inn
US$191
Hotels.com
US$192
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsminute walkhomemade croissantslocation is greatglenelmwood
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Arrived at the Richmond late one Sunday evening and Glen was waiting on the porch to help me with my bag which I thought was really nice. In the morning discovered my shower was not quite working but on having a word with Glen he moved me immediately to a very nice room with king size bed. The Richmond is a great place to stay as it is in the heart of the residential district within walking distance to Allentown, Elmwood the Music Hall. It is easy to take the Metro down into town. Glen was a great host and always very chatty and full of helpful information. Breakfasts were good, the Pancakes were sumptuous and the French toast too! Glen is doing lots of work to bring this very large house to up scratch so it is work in progress. My room was clean and comfortable - just right at the end of a busy day exploring.

Room Tip: Ask to see the rooms if possible.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed at the Richmond Place Inn for the first time over the long weekend in July. Located in a historic residential section of Buffalo among countless impressive historic homes (worth exploring the neighbourhood!) it's steps from Allentown and all the cool boutiques, restaurants and bars worth enjoying there.

After chatting with Glen, the proprietor, when we arrived he suggested we try Cantina Loco which turned out to be one of the best Mexican meals (and drinks!) we’d ever had. Apparently my navigation skills in Buffalo are limited and I missed the restaurant on our first pass. This was quickly remedied by a call to Glen’s cell and he followed up with us later to ensure we made it safely.

There's nothing pretentious about the Richmond Inn and the room we were in was very comfortable, there’s ample parking in the back and a café like breakfast area downstairs. Breakfast was great with Glen asking for any special dietary requirements or requests.

Next time we visit Buffalo we’ll be back here.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YYZPeter
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I was in Buffalo for tourism and stayed at this excellent B&B. Its location is great, and very central, in a safe neighborhood. Glen was very welcoming, kind, and generous with useful suggestions of restaurants and things to do in Buffalo. Also, the breakfasts were really good and copious! I will be visiting Buffalo next month and considering making another reservation at this nice and affordable B&B!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank World T
Reviewed 19 August 2013

For a weekend "shuffle-off to Buffalo" from Toronto, Richmond Place could not be better; super location, affordable, clean rooms and a great breakfast. The owner Glen is friendly and knowledgeable... he even brought the four of us a cheese plate when he saw we had some wine! The Inn is within walking distance to the Albright-Knox Art Gallery and right next to Allentown with its funky restaurants. Museums, some shopping, looking for Frank Lloyd Wright architecture during the day, Allentown for dinner and capped off with live music at Jack Nietzche's makes for a great short stay! We will come back!

Room Tip: Ask to see a few rooms... the furniture is unique... choose to taste.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2013

My wife and I had a very good experience during a recent stay.The location is excellent. Breakfasts were terrific! Glen is just about the most welcoming and accommodating host one could ask for. I have already made reservations for another stay. Harry

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family