“All the comforts of home!”
Review of Richmond Place Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buffalo
Richmond Place Inn
Ranked #5 of 5 Buffalo B&B and Inns
Dallas, Texas
“All the comforts of home!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My family had the pleasure of staying with Glenn at the Richmond Place Inn for 7 nights. We stayed in the two room suite with a shared Jack and Jill bath. Perfect for our needs. The service was superb. Glenn provides his cell phone number upon arrival so if you have any needs, all you have to do is ask. He is gracious and accommodating of everything we needed. Glenn is extremely knowledgeable about Buffalo and the surrounding areas and keeps on top of the festivals and events that might interest visitors. The house is beautiful! Full of character and charm. Yes, it is old and there will be constant repairs needed on a house that age and size. Anyone expecting a well polished, spotless experience should look to a national chain with no personality. Breakfast was delicious and special care was taken for my gluten sensitivity each day. The only two things I would say could have been better was a bit more variety in breakfast options and I would have liked a higher quality, softer bed. Overall a great experience and we will definitely stay with Glenn at the Richmond Place Inn anytime we visit Buffalo in the future.

Room Tip: Our rooms were in the back of the house. Quiet and easy access to the side door and parking. The tw...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We spent the night of 4th of July at the Richmond Place Inn. My boyfriend and I stayed there for two nights. Glen is such a great and lovely host. Heartening to know that he was the one who cooked us the delicious breakfasts. Something very homely about the place. Safe locality. Walking distance from the finest bars and restaurants in Buffalo. Charming little room.

Great job Glen!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Owen Sound, Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My wife & I stayed for two nights at the Richmond Place Inn on a weekend trip to Buffalo to watch Bisons baseball. It was a nice 30-40 minute walk to the ballpark or just a short drive. The Inn is in a beautiful area of Buffalo and we very much enjoyed walking in the neighbourhood. The Inn itself is a classic older building with ongoing upgrades. Glen is a wonderful host, doing everything he can to make our visit comfortable & enjoyable. The included breakfast is excellent! The Richmond Place Inn has become our place to stay on our annual baseball trips to Buffalo. We look forward to enjoying Glen's hospitality again. Rob & Laurie C. Owen Sound, ON, Canada

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rob C
Hanover, New Hampshire
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We spent the last night of a long drive at the Richmond Place Inn in Buffalo. We were warmly welcomed by Glen who helped us find a great place to eat within walking distance which was much appreciated after a long day's drive. We were amazed to learn about the Elmwood neighborhood and plan on returning to spend more time visiting the shops, coffee houses and local events. Our room was comfortable, quiet and the breakfast was delicious. Thank you Glen. Toni & Larry

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Binghamton, New York
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My husband planned this trip for us as we were going to be in Buffalo for the NCAA men's basketball action: he wanted something a bit different than a standard hotel room, and after doing some searching on the Internet, found this B & B and booked it for us. The reviews were very good, and we were pleased to find out that they were accurate! It is a charming place with a lot of history going for it. Our room was very comfortable, and we appreciated the amenities such as the mini fridge, flat screen TV, and microwave. They supplied us with plenty of towels,etc. Glen is a great cook and host: the breakfasts were delicious and plentiful, and he gave us lots of information about sights to see, directions, etc. He is really knowledgable about the history of the surrounding neighborhood! There is plenty of parking in the back also, and we were amazed how quickly we could access the highway from there..easy on..easy off. He is working hard to update the place, and it will be even better than it is now! We will definitely recommend this place to anyone, and look forward to staying there if we go to Buffalo again! Thanks Glen!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Tiffin, Ohio
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Stayed there two nights in January very pleased,will stay there again.Glen is very nice guy works hard to make your stay a good one.We had snow when we were there so I asked Glen on Saturday night if he had a broom I could use on Sunday morning he said he would put one by my car.When I went out Sunday Morning he had swept all the snow off my car.His breastfasts were a real treat they were great.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank John H
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I was in town recently for a Combination Valentine's day/Birthday treat for my boyfriend Doug, and I could not have picked a better place to bed down for the night! I wanted to treat him to something special to end the night, and this place popped up on my radar.

I have never stayed at a B&B before, however I was pleasantly surprised as to how great it was given the inexpensive price for two people. The place is definitely a little run down, but through my at least 30 minutes of conversation with Glen over breakfast, I found out that his father used to own the place, and was content with not changing much. Since Glen took over, he has been trying his hardest to update the place, but given the historical classification, he has to jump through numerous hoops to get the city to approve changes.

He also is very flexible for dietary restrictions. We're both vegan, and he was more than willing to make us a delicious breakfast including vegan bacon, home fries, sauteed apples, and toast with all sorts of drinks on the side.

Glen is also very knowledgeable about Allentown, where the B&B is located. He can give you any and all information about the surrounding activities, and restaurants, and is more than willing to describe his own experiences to give you better perspective.

Some aspects were a little less than appealing, such as the shower. The pressure was pretty bad, and the water didn't get that hot, but I managed. I also had a hard time finding Glen when I needed him. I accidentally locked my keys (and my phone) in my car shortly after checking in, and I had to walk back to my boyfriend to get the spare key (about 8 blocks in the cold).

All in all, I love to come back here in the future, if only to watch the progress of this place as Glen restores it. You need to understand before coming here that it is very old, and needs a lot of work, but that he's doing his best! I plan on making my next return trip this summer after I graduate college, or maybe even earlier if I have the time!

Thanks again Glen, can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: They're all about the same from what I can tell, but if there's something you don't like...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple