“What a Shame and a Huge waste of Money!”
Review of Friar's Table - CLOSED

Price range: US$0 - US$30
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Tonawanda, New York
“What a Shame and a Huge waste of Money!”
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I will say this...atmosphere very nice. But that is it.
On a Friday night at 8pm...if you and your significant other are the only two people at the bar...and the dining room has two tables occupied.....there's your sign to LEAVE!

Bartender was miserable as well as the wait staff. Restaurant Impossible or Bar Rescue...please help The Friar's Table! Not my first time here either.

Halibut...$27.00 for a super dried piece of fish and hardly anything else to eat with it. And "my bad" for not having them bring it back to the kitchen. I really don't like to do that. So uncomfortable for the significant other. Because they have their meal and you sit there with nothing to eat.
Then I ordered the cannoli for dessert..."another sad item." That was definately sent back.
Sorry Fiar's Table...you are done in my book.

• Visited April 2013
4 Thank Susan1031

Buffalo, New York
“Great Place for wonderful food and Service”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Have been going to Friar's for years. I look forward to each visit and find that the food is always as expected and the service is excellent. I love the Prime Rib and the specials are always very good as well. The place is local and I look forward always to the return visit. I have never had a bad meal and they always make me feel welcome. Margaret (Server) is one of the best!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Bob L
Dapew
“Pricey GOOD”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

VERY GOOD FOOD and it should be for the prices they charge down there....but if you want top notch lobster or meat this is the place to visit...just bring lots of money.

1 Thank Robert H
West Seneca, New York, United States
“Friers Table has changed”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This past Saturday my wife and I went to Friar's Table, in the past we very much enjoyed this restaurant. We were looking forward to our visit. What a disappointment, the menu has changed, its smaller, and our old favorities are gone. The food we did order was of poor quality. We won't be back!

• Visited April 2013
4 Thank Michael K
Lancaster, New York
“coupons buy 30.00 get 60.00”
Reviewed 22 March 2013

don't bother going here first when you use coupon you don't get the same service as if you don't use one Also the bathroom was filthy dirty witch is a precursor of what is really going on behind the scene the food is poor to average at best the hostess was uncaring and rude.
also the bar back room smells like sewer do your self a favor and go some where else.
i really use to love this place its a shame what happened time to move on oh one more thing now i know why there was no one in the place

• Visited March 2013