“Amazing”

Ranked #12 of 1,100 Restaurants in Buffalo
Price range: US$0 - US$25
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Fat Bob's Smokehouse has been locally owned and operated for over a decade in the historic Allentown district of Buffalo, New York. Since its start in the late nineties, Fat Bob's stives to bring Allentown and the entire Western New York area delicious, authentic Southern Style BBQ made completely from scratch. Our customers mean a lot to us. To provide our guests with an amazing experience, we take immense pride in our service and award-winning food. That's why our customers keep coming back.
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

I have been to Fat Bob's a few times before but this is my husband's first time and he hasn't looked up from his plate since we got our food. The ribs are beyond tender. I love that they give you a variety of bbq sauces to try. My favorite is the house sauce! Delish! I know I'm a fan and now that my husband is too...I'm sure we will be making frequent trips since this is so close to home.

1  Thank Alexcia H

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I hadn't been to Fat Bob's in several years and I definitely think the food was much improved since the last time. There are a few things that made the experience less the perfect. The street it's located on is so narrow and makes it difficult to find parking. We had reservations and we still ended up having to wait about 10-15 minutes to get seated. The last thing that was bothersome was we ended up being seated by quite a large party and they were so loud that my friends and I had a hard time talking to one another, and along with the other patrons it was just so loud in there. I think it will be a while before I go back.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Would not return for any of the food I tried. Four of us at their, tried a little of a few options, was able to eat it but would not pay for it again. Food lacked flavor, service was poor, not a clean establishment. find a BBQ food truck instead, such as BW, Black Market, or Whole Hog.

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

We live around the corner and end up here 2-3 times a month and are never disappointed. From big blowout full rack of ribs dinners to quick, grab a pulled pork sandwich meals, Fat Bob's always delivers. Super beer selection and out of this world Mac and Cheese.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Great food. Come and enjoy BBQ at fat bob's. Try the BBQ Chicken sandwich, it was great. The prices are good and not too expensive. The service is great too. If you are in the area, it is definitely a must. Recommendation: Go to Fat Bob's BBQ and enjoy!