“Had 1 bad experience, but usually excellent”

Pizza Plant Italian Pub
Ranked #86 of 1,037 Restaurants in Buffalo
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We've been a locally owned and operated restaurant for 35 years! We have a large menu with many vegetarian and vegan options. An extensive beer and wine list to compliment!
Buffalo, NY
“Had 1 bad experience, but usually excellent”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We have been to Pizza Plant numerous times because we have a family member that needs gluten-free and they have it every Wednesday. We usually enjoy ourselves very much as the atmosphere, the food and the drinks are all outstanding. Unfortunately, we did have 1 bad experience recently that I am hoping is a fluke and not an indication of the tides turning. Our waitress (I believe her name was Jennifer) was awful. We had to send back multiple items (drinks & food) that were incorrect, and we could see by the receipt that she had entered them incorrectly. We were waiting for our meals, which took quite a while, and all of our glasses were empty with no waitress to be found for refills. There was nobody behind the bar, nobody at the hostess station - my husband had to walk back to the kitchen to ask for someone to get us a drink order. Once the food arrived, it took us another 5 minutes or so to get utensils and napkins, even though we had previously asked for them.

As I said, hopefully this is a one-time incident and that waitress was just having a bad day. But I'm not sure why nobody seemed to be around when we needed someone. The positve - because everything took so long, my family had more time to talk with one another. If anyone had been in a hurry, we would have been in trouble. When we finally got the right stuff in front of us, the food was very good. And we enjoyed trying several different draft beers - there were about 5 different types going around the table.

• Visited February 2013

Malta, New York
“Pods!”
Reviewed 29 January 2013

I wasn't sure what I would get from a pizza place for lunch. I am usually limited in my choices in that genre as I like to avoid super greasy or cheesy foods for lunch. I was intrigued by the "pods" on the menu and saw a philly cheese steak sort of pod and just couldn't pass on it. There are several dough choices to choose from, I chose the sesame. It seemed like they took a really long time to come out, but it was worth it. The crust was cooked perfectly, it wasn't soggy on the inside and was nice and crispy on the outside. Mine had steak and cheese and onions in it. They come with a cup of sauce, which I thought was bland. I added a bit of the sugar from the sugar packets to it.. I enjoy a sweeter sauce. After that, I liked it enough to use the whole thing for my pod. Even though the pod was huge, I didn't leave anything on my plate!

I wish I could stop here once a month, whenever I'm back in the area for business I will definitely stop back here.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Stefanie G
kansas city
“Excellent experience!”
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Every time I go back to Buffalo ( my hometown), I always try to take some time to visit the Pizza Plant. They have pizza "pods" which are like a calzone. You can fill them with a variety of ingredients-- even odd ones!, and your choice of dough. They are veg friendly as well, with a good variety of salads and meatless options. The best part, though, is that there is also a wide variety of beers to try. The pizza is also outstanding!

• Visited January 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Always fantastic!”
Reviewed 23 November 2012

We started going here back in the late 80's when we lived in Buffalo. They offer so much more than just a regualer pizza experience. I prefer their Grow Your Own salads that allow me to put their lemon grilled chicken in a spinach dough bowl with creamy garlic dressing, mmmmmmmm! They have several designer beers and wines that compliment the meals as well! Always a great stop when we go to Buffalo!

Visited November 2012
Buffalo, New York
“Great local run restaurant”
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Owners are always there. Good choices of food, healthy and good quality. Great bar area. Beer lovers palace.

Visited November 2012